This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
    If I was going to Kings of Leon, I'd make a weekend of it. Get up there tonight and see these two bands, both of them are top notch.

Keane can even get the tent out!
    Yeah definitely. I saw The Riptide Movement busk on Grafton st a few months ago and they were phenomenal.

I stood there for about an hour and a half, couldn't leave.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

ha, I didn't even see their name! Alabama 3 and Riptide Movement was who I meant.
      Ah now those two are quality, i should have given you more credit

Comment

not the Republic of Loose arguement again

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
          Theres an argument?? Really???! it takes all types i guess!

Comment

You know you are running good when you hit 2 straight flushes within 10 hands of each other!

Comment

Republic Of Loose are great live.
              The singer is annoying to be sure but long ago I learned to let what does not matter truely slide. A fella going "C'mon! Are yis listening?" 4 or 5 times isnt going to ruin my night.
              Funky Sounds, Decent tunes, (Comeback Girl is their weakest song imo)
              And a good time is always had.
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I have never gotten the vitrol directed at republic of loose, the Frames etc.
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                  Republic Of Loose are great live.
                  The singer is annoying to be sure but long ago I learned to let what does not matter truely slide. A fella going "C'mon! Are yis listening?" 4 or 5 times isnt going to ruin my night.
                  Funky Sounds, Decent tunes, (Comeback Girl is their weakest song imo)
                  And a good time is always had.
                  A good time is always had.... except the last time I saw them and they were atrocious Wont be seeing them again if they ever play that new album stuff. It was about the 5th gig I'd seen them at so maybe 1 bad gig could be excused

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y0SLxHYxDA[/ame]

Comment

I have never gotten the vitrol directed at republic of loose, the Frames etc.
                    Standard Irish begrudgery IMO.

The Frames and U2 are top of a lot of Irish peoples' most hated bands, despite U2 being one of the most loved bands in the world and the Frames/Glen Hansard being hugely respected anywhere else he's known.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

The Frames and U2 are top of a lot of Irish peoples' most hated bands, despite U2 being one of the most loved bands in the world and the Frames/Glen Hansard being hugely respected anywhere else he's known.
                      no, the first 60seconds of this clip completely and utterly captures why most people hate U2. Simply the overflow of ego from El Bono

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiSRT-L_kSY[/ame]

Comment

Peoples dislike of U2 has nothing to do with begrudgery IMO. They are just not a very good band. Good couple of early albums and anything in the last 20 years has been awful. Havent listened to frames much and Hansards face is annoying but I think he does write some very good songs

Comment

Never got the U2 hate, yeah Bono is tilting but I can get over that. Definitely one of the best live bands I've seen.

Comment

FML i just bet $70 in to a 9$ pot with middle pair.

fucking fat fingers, got called by a flopped set obv

Comment

NY hotel booked.

Looking forward to this now

Comment

Most rock stars are egomaniacal pricks, Bono just happens to be from up the road so he's worse.

Comment

Most rock stars are egomaniacal pricks, Bono just happens to be from up the road so he's worse.
                                  They didn't have an episode of Southpark based on the fact that Bono is the biggest shit in the world because he was an ego maniac from Ireland...

Comment

Charisma does not equal Ego.

Check out the difference between Bono and Springsteen in that clip.

One's a rock God legend, one's a luckbox being carried by a half-decent band and an incredible Stage manager.

Comment

easy money

$50 on my head in the Freddie Mays bounty on PP tonight

My usual passive style of triple barrelling with air, might not work out in this one

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post

My usual passive style of triple barrelling with air, might not work out in this one
                                        obvious trap is obvious.
                                        http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

NY hotel booked.

Looking forward to this now
                                          No idea when you're going but usually something good going on here

Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                            obvious trap is obvious.
                                            obvious doesn't have me in his database is obvious

Comment

been gardening since 8am. Ran electrics to end of garden to allow for outdoor socket, lights etc. shovelled 7 tonne of stone from from driveway into back garden to form path and basic patio area until I can afford to get it slabbed. Finished off raised flowerbed, filled it, and planted it. hands covered in blisters, and actually managed to wear out the sole of old runners. Worth it though, place is starting to look good, Cant wait til summer rolls about and I get some garden furniture and get to light up the barbeque in the latest room added to my house

took the before after i'd cut the grass one day and the shed has been installed, but imagine the grass up to about foot and a half, the fences faded and rotting, and the shed faded and in need to a paint.
                                              SPOILER

now, the after
                                              SPOILER

just need the furniture, and to paint and add some stuff to back wall (maybe a circular mirror) and some pot plants now
                                              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPACf5SIKJM[/ame]

Opr

Comment

Credit to Oleras for the blocks for the raised bed along the back wall
                                                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Credit to Oleras for the blocks for the raised bed along the back wall
                                                    Its always handy to know a mason
                                                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Chinese prison guards force imates to play 12 hour shifts of World of warcraft for Gold farming

Comment

been gardening since 8am. Ran electrics to end of garden to allow for outdoor socket, lights etc. shovelled 7 tonne of stone from from driveway into back garden to form path and basic patio area until I can afford to get it slabbed. Finished off raised flowerbed, filled it, and planted it. hands covered in blisters, and actually managed to wear out the sole of old runners. Worth it though, place is starting to look good, Cant wait til summer rolls about and I get some garden furniture and get to light up the barbeque in the latest room added to my house

took the before after i'd cut the grass one day and the shed has been installed, but imagine the grass up to about foot and a half, the fences faded and rotting, and the shed faded and in need to a paint.
                                                        SPOILER

now, the after
                                                        SPOILER

just need the furniture, and to paint and add some stuff to back wall (maybe a circular mirror) and some pot plants now
                                                        Sweet, it's so satisfying when you put something like that together yourself.

A couple of years ago when we bought our TV and surround sound system I decided to mount the two of them on the chimney breast. Proper job, buried wires and all that, so they both float there effectively.

It took three days, I ripped a big channel out of the wall on the first day, had to kango bits of block, was a bit of a nightmare.

I ran the cables through and plastered up the wall on the second day, I'd never plastered before so it took a few hours of fiddling around to get it right.

The living room is out of bounds during all this as it's like a building site, so the third night I go in and sand the wall smooth and give it a couple of coats of emulsion. When that dried I cleaned the whole place, hoovered up all the dust and got the room back into shape. I finished cleaning at about midnight, I was so happy to have finished, what seemed like an easy task turned out to be quite the nightmare.

I stuck the TV up on the wall and it looked great, I went to hang the SS system and I'd left the fucking cable six inches too short.

I had to pull the whole wall apart and start again.

I actually physically banged my head against the wall screaming 'NOOOOOOOO'

Took three more days.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                          Sweet, it's so satisfying when you put something like that together yourself.

A couple of years ago when we bought our TV and surround sound system I decided to mount the two of them on the chimney breast. Proper job, buried wires and all that, so they both float there effectively.

It took three days, I ripped a big channel out of the wall on the first day, had to kango bits of block, was a bit of a nightmare.

I ran the cables through and plastered up the wall on the second day, I'd never plastered before so it took a few hours of fiddling around to get it right.

The living room is out of bounds during all this as it's like a building site, so the third night I go in and sand the wall smooth and give it a couple of coats of emulsion. When that dried I cleaned the whole place, hoovered up all the dust and got the room back into shape. I finished cleaning at about midnight, I was so happy to have finished, what seemed like an easy task turned out to be quite the nightmare.

I stuck the TV up on the wall and it looked great, I went to hang the SS system and I'd left the fucking cable six inches too short.

I actually physically banged my head against the wall screaming 'NOOOOOOOO'

Took three more days.
                                                          This made me LOL very much . I was on the bad end of a bad day until now .
                                                          WP and thanks for that .

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Could've just added a bit of cable and an extension box, hidden behind it...
                                                            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

The neighbours showing you up Zuroph getting an extension in during the pics nice job tho sir

Comment

Could've just added a bit of cable and an extension box, hidden behind it...
                                                                I couldn't extend it, it's a specific type of cable running from the sub woofer.

I suppose I could've possibly gotten some kind of solution from Phillips but ripping the wall apart relieved some of the tilt.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCw-tiKbU7M[/ame]
                                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                          Feel like doing something bad tonight but don't want to leave the house

Leave the tap running while you brush your teeth before going to bed.

Comment

Feel like doing something mad tonight like wearing my gf's blouse.
                                                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

...

Comment

Big favour needed lads and lassies!

I just set up a company and its launched last week. For google purposes we need to get as many people to like the fans page as is possible. So i'm looking for some massive BBV help here liking the page!

Emerald Origins, Dublin, Ireland. 1,486 likes · 1 talking about this. www.emeraldorigins.com . Find out all about your origins from the emerald Isle through our professio

Also, if anyone has feedback about the site itself or any Questions in the slightest, please just give me a shout. To make sure try using the contact details on the site so that i dont miss anything written here!

Really would appreciate any help from anyone, and if you feel like putting it as your facebook status, well then, that would be ok too

Thanks in advance guys!

GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                                                  Big favour needed lads and lassies!

I just set up a company and its launched last week. For google purposes we need to get as many people to like the fans page as is possible. So i'm looking for some massive BBV help here liking the page!

Emerald Origins, Dublin, Ireland. 1,486 likes · 1 talking about this. www.emeraldorigins.com . Find out all about your origins from the emerald Isle through our professio

Also, if anyone has feedback about the site itself or any Questions in the slightest, please just give me a shout. To make sure try using the contact details on the site so that i dont miss anything written here!

Really would appreciate any help from anyone, and if you feel like putting it as your facebook status, well then, that would be ok too

Thanks in advance guys!

www.emeraldorigins.com
                                                                                  GL with this Donal, great time to be doing it after O'Bama came back to trace his roots.

Get spamming BBV!

Comment

have a new home game set up for 2nite look at thread frm last nite

Comment

Great idea Donal, perfect timing too as Kev said.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                        Feel like doing something bad tonight but I'm under house arrest
                                                                                        fyp

Still have that tab from that place you posted, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hashima_Island
                                                                                        Would love to go for a wander in a place like that.
                                                                                        Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 27-05-11, 19:45.
                                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al0a5Z8R894[/ame]
                                                                                          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Charisma does not equal Ego.

Check out the difference between Bono and Springsteen in that clip.

One's a rock God legend, one's a luckbox being carried by a half-decent band and an incredible Stage manager.
                                                                                            Springstein is a prick who's been greening up off pretending to be a mechanic for the last 40 years.

A lot of his songs are deadly, but the guy is some fucking fraud.

Comment

...

Comment

Just got around to watching the first episode of Geordie Shore, not as bad as I was expecting from an MTV UK remake.

The people in it seem like absolute spanners but sure that was the same in Jersey Shore just takes a bit of time to see whats what, lols to them chicks getting absolutely smashed within a few hours

Seems to show a lot more than Jersey Shore did so could be good in the long run to see how it goes, one thing that really bugged me was the way some of them already knew each other before they went it, I like the way when nobody knows each other and seeing how the relationships/friendships/hatred develops.

Long live Jersey Shore thou

Comment

I watched three minutes of Jersey Shore a couple of weeks ago, ye know, just to figure out what all the malarky was about.

I wanted to stab myself in the forehead.

Comment

Liked the queen one too

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtFyoP8OHlg[/ame]
                                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Big crowd at the aviva tonight, this home nations yoke is rubbish

Comment

Question for those of you on Facebook, there is an official UKIPT page with updates pictures etc etc on it but for some reason I can't seem to access it, the girls working it last week said it was something to do with my settings as it happens from time to time, can anybody else see if they can find the official page please.

I tried using the link that they had opened but it would just redirect me to my own page

Comment

Big crowd at the aviva tonight, this home nations yoke is rubbish
                                                                                                          If they had done it as a Thursday/Sunday double double header, it would have been smart

load of Scots/Welsh could have made a long weekend of it

+ (costs allowing)
                                                                                                          could have thrown in vouchers for Friday night LOI games (some would have used them)
                                                                                                          and had a big Marquee type thing on Sat for the European cup final

easy game imo!
                                                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 27-05-11, 20:36.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                            Question for those of you on Facebook, there is an official UKIPT page with updates pictures etc etc on it but for some reason I can't seem to access it, the girls working it last week said it was something to do with my settings as it happens from time to time, can anybody else see if they can find the official page please.

I tried using the link that they had opened but it would just redirect me to my own page
                                                                                                            http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/UKIPT/173305219378668 ??

Comment

Nope that isnt it.

Supposedly this is it but when I click it it brings me back to my own page.

Last edited by tylerdurden94; 27-05-11, 20:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post

out in first 10 minutes

KK shoved pre in the first blind level, is no match for the mighty 99 (esp when someone else announces that they folded a '9')
                                                                                                                Last edited by Guest; 27-05-11, 20:36.

Comment

While searching to see if I can find the UKIPT FB page, I some how stumble across a thread on the Voodoo Card Club website about the UKIPT in Cork only a couple of posts long, looking at one update thinking that looks familiar oh yeah because its mine somebody taking my post and banging it up over there

Comment

lol at inda on the late late

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

While searching to see if I can find the UKIPT FB page, I some how stumble across a thread on the Voodoo Card Club website about the UKIPT in Cork only a couple of posts long, looking at one update thinking that looks familiar oh yeah because its mine somebody taking my post and banging it up over there
                                                                                                                      you have got to put the copyright logo on your posts and photos imo

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Is it the case that the page is only active when the blogging is going on?

Comment

tonight is the first night in a long time I questioned why I'm playing football. Cold, wet and windy and every time you get your hands on the ball you get lifted out of it with a belt. Mind kept drifting to siting beside the fire in the pub with a creamy pint of Guinness.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X