• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fitz scalps post flop play

Blinds 400/800 100 ante

In BB with 55.

7 at the table

Open limp from HJ called by button checked by me.

I have 19k Hj has roughly the same and button has 20k

flop Ac 5c 10 D

The HJ has been quite active-suprised by the limp

Button has barely played a hand.

Bet out or check the flop?
    Last edited by elbows; 29-10-11, 11:04.
    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Bet. Get some value from possible draws

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
      Blinds 400/800 100 ante

In BB with 55.

7 at the table

Open limp from HJ called by button checked by me.

I have 19k Hj has roughly the same and button has 20k

flop Ac 5c 10 D

The HJ has been quite active-suprised by the limp

Button has barely played a hand.

Bet out or check the flop?
      2 limpers on a draw heavy flop = Bet. As for sizing some like 2/3 pot would seem right..

Comment

I prefer a CRAI. Your hand will look like draw and you might get a call from Ax and actual draws

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
          I prefer a CRAI. Your hand will look like draw and you might get a call from Ax and actual draws
          Chances are one of them would have raised if they had an Ace, esp the guy who's been active. Betting is better here as people often decide there's no way you'd lead with an Ace and will call with Tx, KQ, QJ type hands. Betting is definitely better here as chances are a c/r will just get folds.

Comment

A small lead is fine say 1300 1400 a check raise looks very strong.
            If the players were well known who cant fold top pair and were aggresive a ck r is fine.

With our hand trying to get as much chips in on the flop is optimal best chance is by leading out

Comment

I checked and hj bets 2k and button calls
              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

I checked and hj bets 2k and button calls
                Raise to 6.5k now and shove most turns.
                Some might say raise all in but we want a call so im happy witha raise to 6.5k

Comment

I shoved and both tank folded. Thought it would look like fd.

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                    Raise to 6.5k now and shove most turns.
                    Some might say raise all in but we want a call so im happy witha raise to 6.5k
                    Yep - I think this is the play..

Comment

I prefer SP line, make it 6k and give them the chances to shove or leave you with a PSB on the turn

Comment

I lead for ~1500 OTF and hope someone can call/raise. I dont think c/shoving is great, you want to make it look like a draw but very little they can call with tbh and you kind of want marginal Ax/draws to hang around.
                        "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

all in pre?

Comment

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post
                            all in pre?
                            I could have as I had a very good table image but the limp spooked me a little as it was the first time he had done it in 2 hours.

Comment

Another hand from scalps I thought was pretty standard:

Blinds 1k/2k ante 200, I have 22k in bb folded to sb who has 15k.

I have 66 and sb shoves who has been reasonably tight and I call.

He has A5 and hits an ace. Guy beside me said it was a bad call (not sb).

Comment

I could have as I had a very good table image but the limp spooked me a little as it was the first time he had done it in 2 hours.
                                Not open limping over 50 hands is hardly reason to think he has a big pair especially from LP.

I assume thats what you mean by getting spooked.

Comment

"c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

It's blind on blind, 7.5 vrs 11 BBs, and there's antes in play. Everything about the and points to a call.
                                    The guy to your left is taking the piss

Comment

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post
                                      all in pre?
                                      this, you have less the 25bb and can pick up 2700 alot. if called its going to be a flip alot, you will rarely be beat imo.

Comment

Working...
                                      X