Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IPO hand

In the money at the IPO

I have been playing extra nitty and not getting involved much , the worst hand i had turned over all day was AQ for my tourney life in a 3 way all in when i squeezed from the BB to a raise from UTG and a call from the sb and i trebled up with an A high flop v JJ and ??.

Villain ( French aggro) has been fairly active raising and position didn't matter , C betting and taking pots uncontested , has folded to a re-raise on a few occasions.

(9 handed ) Blinds 4k/8k + 500 ante
    I am big blind playing 140k , villain is small blind and covers , approx 240k .
    Villain makes it 20k and i call holding Kc 5c
    Flop is Qc 3c 8x and villain bets 25k .

Whats my line ???

I know a lot will say just fold pre but i just thought my image would play a major role hence the call with K5.

perfect spot for a 3bet pre if you want to play this hand

Comment

fold or shove pre, calling is horrendous

Comment

shove that pre

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
          fold or shove pre, calling is horrendous
          this

leaning towards a shove

Comment

100% just fold pre if you're not going to shove, and move onto the next hand. You just shouldn't be getting involved with a hand like that. Sounds like villain doesn't know the meaning of table image so all the more reason to fold. As played, just shove seeing as you have a good read that he cbets a lot coupled with your nitty table image (incase he did notice)

Comment

Id rather see you 3 bet or fold pre. Doesnt matter bout your image here. Hes made it 20k you only have 140k. Against this guy Id prob just shove.

As played this has to be the easiest all in ever Damo.

How can you contemplate calling and folding on a brick? you would have put in nearly 40% of your stack. Your reasoning for made a bad call pre(imo)was you have a good image. So lets put it to use and stick it in his eye

Comment

damo you read is off a bit - villain is decently aggro. he was raising into tight blinds the whole time not just popping it blind

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                  damo you read is off a bit - villain is decently aggro. he was raising into tight blinds the whole time not just popping it blind
                  He was my small blind all day Tony and thats how i saw his play , maybe you seen it differently as you had less table time with him . Just different views i suppose .

Comment

Fold pre!

Comment

allin pre allin now. calling pre is bad.
                      Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Thanks for the replies guy's . I know i made a cunt of the hand pre and i had realised this as soon as i just called .
                        When the flop came down i had made my mind up to shove regardless of what villain was gonna do , so i just seen his bet as more value for my shove .
                        I figured my image would get my bet thru and if not i was still happy to take a race , i mean the only hand i dont want to see is the nut draw ( right??).

Anyway i shoved and he tank called with 8 5 . Have to say i was a little surprised at the call but still happy with the race . I obviously missed and exited in 105th spot .
                        I suppose i cant complain really as i know my flat pre was terra bad and my shove probably looked weak , its just so annoying that this was the first time i had tried anything different and it cost me my tournament .

Thanks again.

Comment

Stay aggro with a short stack, always..That's how winning is done! Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or ANYBODY! Cowards do that and that ain't you! You're BETTER than that!

In summation, shove or fold pre
                          "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Put up that JJ hand I expertly commentated on.

Would be interested to see how the hand played out as I only caught the end of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                              Put up that JJ hand I expertly commentated on.

Would be interested to see how the hand played out as I only caught the end of it.
                              Your a fukkin mong on that stream . I raised utg and everyone folded .

Comment

I prefer the hand I watched where you got the Belgian lad to stick it all in with 10,6 on a Q,10,3 board when you had Q,10. Quite bizarre

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                  I prefer the hand I watched where you got the Belgian lad to stick it all in with 10,6 on a Q,10,3 board when you had Q,10. Quite bizarre
                                  Yeah that was a fun hand , I had raised the btn to 5k at the 1/2k level and both blinds called . They checked to me and i bet 12k then the sb folds, while the belgian guy tanks i started ragging him about the teddy sticking out of his jumper and told him the only way i was laying this down was if he went all in .

Boom , the power of persuasion . I tried to get the teddy for my daughter but he wouldn't give it up .

Comment

Working...
                                  X