Quick IPO Spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick IPO Spot

Not 100% sure of the details but I’m fairly close. There’s about 15 minutes play left on day 1 (1500/3000/300). I’m playing about 48k to start the hand. Rupinder Bedi (>200k) opens to 6.1k in the c/o and I flat with in the SB with KdJh. I had shoved over him about 3 times when I was in the 15bb region and he folded all 3. BB (70k) who is playing fairly snug and in-line also flats 19.6k in the middle and I have 42k remaining. Flop comes KcJd8c.
    My thinking (as primarily a 100bb online cash player!) at the time was that this is a board that can get checked through a lot and half the deck is bad for me and I would lead very often here. Also, leading may induce the BB into the pot where he would mostly fold to a bet from Bedi and a shove from me. So what I’m wondering is whether or not to lead or CRAI and if leading, for how much?
    Last edited by Guest; 25-10-11, 14:29.

If your not shoving fold pre. I really dont like the call.

On the flop I probably just open shove - add 50% to your stack. theres a decent chance you get looked up light enough because its such a draw heavy flop. So yeah shove and hope someone calls

Comment

This was the 1500/3000/500 level right? so playing c. 16 bigs i don't like the flat pre at all. Shove/Fold for me pre, as played open shove flop

Edit: the blinds aren't this at all are they!!
      Last edited by ghostface; 25-10-11, 14:28.

Comment

Yeah shoving pre was probably the best option but being an online drone the maths weren't immediately obvious to me when the numbers weren't in front of my face. I think the call is ok when he basically minraises, has a very wide range, is giving me great odds and I'm never being squeezed. I was shoving most flops if we were HU and I flopped any equity.

@ste: Ante was 300, so there was 13.6k in the pot when it got to me and I'd to call 4.6k.
        Last edited by Guest; 25-10-11, 14:28.

Comment

Calling is terrible pre unless you plan to shove almost every flop

Comment

Its definitely a shove pre. As played shoving the flop seems fine to me.

Comment

Seems weird that over the years since HoH was written that opens have gotten so small and re-shoves have gotten so big!

Comment

You've only got 16x, hardly a big reshove!

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                  Seems weird that over the years since HoH was written that opens have gotten so small and re-shoves have gotten so big!
                  reshoves have to be big even if you are only min opening - I can't imagine myself raise folding to a 12bb or less shove unless the shover is a bit of a rock.

Comment

This is a perfect spot shove pre against someone who opens as much as Rupinder. All day, regardless of recent history. Even when he decides to take a stand against you it doesn't make the move terrible, since {AJ+,KQ} were never folding to your reshove anyway

As played I c/shove over b/call. We rep lots of draws, get called wide. Dont worry too much about luring Bb in tbh
                    "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Originally posted by JamieCarra View Post
                      You've only got 16x, hardly a big reshove!
                      In my day we only shoved when we'd 10bb or less

Comment

Anyway I agree that shoving pre- was better but I just couldn't see the wood for the trees at the time. I still don't hate the call though. Surprised so many people are OK with the open shove, which is what I did. Kinda felt a bit donkish and MUTBS-ish about it at after I did it.

Comment

CRAI>open shove imo>bet/call

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                            20bb 3bet shoves over a loose open raiser make me do my O Face

SPOILER
                            Last edited by sligoboi; 27-10-11, 01:34.
                            Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Working...
                            X