Reliable Sample Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reliable Sample Size

not doing great at the mtts at the moment but mainly play big fields so hoping its down to variance

taking average field of around 2000 , how many tournaments would be a fair sample size to determine whether you are good enough to win at a particular level?
    given the size of the field i reckon this number would be high but exactly how high do yee reckon ?

You'd probably have a good approximation of your winrate after about 20000 tournaments.
    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
      You'd probably have a good approximation of your winrate after about 20000 tournaments.
      Maybe not even then, running good or bad in big fields/games could massively skew the results.

OP, look at it this way. Playing heads up only, you've got a field size of two. Yet over 100 games (whixh is large relaive to the possible results), a bad/good streak can skew the results.

An average field 2000 requires a massive sample. Don't worry about it and just bare in mind that your lifetime winrate for MTTs might be skewed

Comment

yeah yee have confirmed what i was thinking

the big fields are headwrecking as even if u could get your chips in as a 60 -40 fav 6 times during the tournament theodds on you surviving all 6 are 20/1 if it was 8 times its 58/1 and then you have to actually go and try win the things.

Comment

bout tree fiddy
          "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Working...
          X