• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick IPO Hand, line check.

Playing 25k
    Villain 35k
    Button covers

Table dynamics are ridiculous. very loose passive. Does not matter if pots are 5x opened or limped , every hand flops are being seen 5 ways.

Villain is tight passive and has been calling a lot of flop bets only to give up to pressure on turn or river.

Villain utg @150/300 min raises to 600.
    Utg +1 calls, ,
    Mid pos calls,
    button calls,
    I'm in the SB and BB acts out of turn and calls.

I'v 4s7s and make the loose call from the sb.

6 to the flop.
    Pot 3600.

flop: As6s9d

Villain leads out for 800 into 3600. Folded to competent french guy on the button who flats and I flat with the bare flush draw.

3 players to the turn.
    Pot 5k.

Turn: 5h

Villain now leads for 1k into the 5k pot and button flats again. At this stage i'm almost certain button is very weak and can be folded out. I go into the tank and decide to check raise the turn to 3.6k hoping to fold out some Ax and all other 1pair hands, with the intention of barreling any river for 5.2k knowing that villain has folded to pressure more than once on turns and rivers. I also think I rep 89 here fine.

Turn play? Bet sizing and pros/cons of raising or flatting weak turn bet by villain.

My main reason for raising the turn is not really to fold villain out on the turn but by firing 100% of rivers for 5.2k I think i put him under serious pressure with 1 pair hands which I'm almost sure he has as his bet sizing certainly doesn't show strength. As i'v said villain has not called down light and folded to pressure more than once before.

Opinions? After the loose pf call.

I think you played it fine, especially given villains description.

Comment

French guy could also have a naked flush draw and yes the raise should get a fold from him. Given that, I think from the description of the table I doubt villian will release hands like AK, AQ, maybe even AJ at a push on a turn card like that.

Then again you are in SB and could easily be repping a 78...

Meh I think there are better spots than this for taking this line...

Comment

Working...
      X