PP IWF sat hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PP IWF sat hand

Hand i just played in the IWF sat tonight. Pre flop i min raised figuring UTG will shove virtually all of his hands and if anyone calls inbetween i can reopen the betting and shove. Blinds 50/100
    UTG opens to 350 playing 1490
    Im in MP with QQ and min raise to 600 playing 6650
    BTN cold calls playing 8850, HUD isn't working but he has to be playing something like 65/20/0 (needless to say hes awful but seems agro post flop)
    UTG just calls
    Flop:963, UTG checks, i bet 975, BTN calls and UTG folds.
    Turn:A, i check, BTN bets 1950 v quickly, Hero ???

Will weigh in afterward.
    Last edited by Daragh999; 18-10-11, 21:29.
    They will be like WTF how does he always have the top of his range, and they will be saying that when you show up with like nine's - Jimmy Fricke
    Nine's are the top of my range - Shaun Deeb

I see your logic behind the min-raise pre but you could still make it 800 here and resqueeze shove if someone behind flats and utg shoves so I dont think minning it is all that great tbh.

c/calling down turn/river vs an aggro spewtard seems fairly standard. There's just not enough hands that beat us if we expect him to fold stuff like 96/63/A6/A3 behind a 3bet pre. It just seems like he's button clicking here far too often for me to find a fold.

Like, I know bad players will float this flop with AK/AQ sometimes in the "I cant fold my monster just because I missed" mentality, but equally likely is we got called by some small piece or mid-PP that he has now decided to turn into a classic merged vbet/bluff cos he has no idea what he's doing.
    "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

I was playing a bunch of tables and miscalculated how much i would need to keep the betting open pre, its a pretty bad mistake by me IMO.
      Any thought on leading the turn to C/F river assuming he would never bluff us after this much strength was shown? It would give us more info than C/C over 1/3rd our stack and possibly calling off the rest blind. Im really lost on whats the best play is on the turn and if we call should we always call off the river.
      They will be like WTF how does he always have the top of his range, and they will be saying that when you show up with like nine's - Jimmy Fricke

Comment

B/f will better define villains hand given the Ace is likely to connect pretty heavily with our flop cbetting range, thus becoming a terrible card for villain to bluff-raise or float, but I would be wary of how much value we lose from his entire range by attempting to better define it.

This is the main reason I favour c/c, since your read is that hes spewy aggro, thus making this a perfect spot to let him hang himself with worse pairs/bluffs, all of which would probably give up and fold to a turn cbet, but now potentially barrel thinking we can't possibly call since we would never play Ax this way.

As played I cant ever really fold the river having called the turn though, essentially committed to bluff-catching at this point.

Comment

Any read on his bet sizing? Does he half pot bet for value or with bluffs?

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
            Any read on his bet sizing? Does he half pot bet for value or with bluffs?
            Havn't seen him showdown anything but hes just using the 1/2pot ,3/4pot and pot buttons on the software based off his timings. My gut feeling is the smaller his bet the weaker is hand is but 1/2 pot given the size of this pot its still a huge bet.

Comment

Kinda surprised by how little response there's been to this thread tbh. Think it's one of the best chances for detailed discussion that there has been in Theory recently.

Results?

Comment

Originally posted by Winning! View Post
                Kinda surprised by how little response there's been to this thread tbh. Think it's one of the best chances for detailed discussion that there has been in Theory recently.

Results?
                Its a really tough spot. I think it is read/stat dependent.

I tend to find that Im either up against a weakly played AK-A10 hand or a lower pair now turned into a bluff. Both are consistent with bad players.

What do you make of the bet-size on the turn? would lean me towards a smaller pair that the villain felt was too strong to fold and too weak to 3 bet, so ended up just calling to turn where he then decides to bet? I think he might bet smaller maybe if he had just binked his A

Comment

Originally posted by Winning! View Post
                  but now potentially barrel thinking we can't possibly call since we would never play Ax this way.
                  I don't think this kind of villain is thinking to this level tbh. If he doesn't have the ace he's afraid you have the ace and prob wont bet. If he does have the ace he's thinking to bet big because you might outdraw him, or because he doesn't know where he is. OPs estimate of stats suggest he's calling pre with any ace and prob calling flop as well.

Comment

I think the min-raise is fine and a good play. UTG obv fucks up our plan for the hand. I'd be check-calling the turn and about 80% of rivers depending on his bet amount and timing. I don't see it being a set but AK would be very possible, along with any pair or connectors that hit the flop.

Comment

results of this hand? just curious

Comment

I called the turn planning to call most rivers but was v unsure of where i was and what range to put the villian on. River completly bricked with a 2, i checked and villian snap checked back AK, WP sir

Comment

Working...
                        X