Jam or min raise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jam or min raise?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 16.5 Tournament, 6000/12000 Blinds 1500 Ante (7 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP2 (t59047)
    Hero (CO) (t126160)
    Button (t469612)
    SB (t324443)
    BB (t111117)
    UTG (t132009)
    MP1 (t192919)

Hero's M: 4.43

Preflop: Hero is CO with KhQh ,

Down to last 3 tables of turbo.

I have been reasonbly active mixing between min raising and Jammming at least once a round.

Table has tightened up bar the SB who has gone from 400k to 100k back up to 300k from a mixture of shoves over min raises and calls with speculative hands against smaller stacks.

Is jamming always the best option or would min raise induce a shove with a weaker hand from SB and give us the fold option.
    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Just jam, no need to get tricky with 10bbs imo

Comment

scorch marks on felt......

Comment

Jamming is always the best option because (depending on villain) you may fold out some hands that you are behind such as weak Ax or small pairs. I dont think the villain will ever 3bet jam worse hands but he certainly will fold better hands if you open jam therefore jamming is better.

Just on another point - if you min raise you dont have a fold option so get that out of your head. Like you said you'd only min raise there if villain was bad enough to be 3betting far too wide considering your stack size so you could pick off a 10J or a 78 or some other dung that he 3bet with

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
          PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 16.5 Tournament, 6000/12000 Blinds 1500 Ante (7 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP2 (t59047)
          Hero (CO) (t126160)
          Button (t469612)
          SB (t324443)
          BB (t111117)
          UTG (t132009)
          MP1 (t192919)

Hero's M: 4.43

Preflop: Hero is CO with KhQh ,

Down to last 3 tables of turbo.

I have been reasonbly active mixing between min raising and Jammming at least once a round.

Table has tightened up bar the SB who has gone from 400k to 100k back up to 300k from a mixture of shoves over min raises and calls with speculative hands against smaller stacks.

Is jamming always the best option or would min raise induce a shove with a weaker hand from SB and give us the fold option.
          Not an option imo.

You are going to be stealing a lot from the cut off and button with this stack. You should be pretty happy to actually have a hand to shove in this spot. No need to level yourself into making a hero fold here.

Comment

Jam everytime

Comment

We don't want to induce 3-bet shoves as were not crushing alot of hands and there are lots of hands that beat us that we can get to fold (weak Ax's and v small pairs), shove every time.
              They will be like WTF how does he always have the top of his range, and they will be saying that when you show up with like nine's - Jimmy Fricke
              Nine's are the top of my range - Shaun Deeb

Comment

Thanks guys.

Pretty definitive.

On ranges what are you happy shoving in this position with the table being so tight.
                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Pretty definitive.

On ranges what are you happy shoving in this position with the table being so tight.
                  I'm happy shoving almost atc here as we are picking up >20% of our stack with a steal. This is even more likely if everyone else is playing so tight.

Comment

Anyway I min raised SB shoved 66 and I called and lost.

Comment

flip better imo

Comment

Fold preflop then obv.
                        Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Working...
                        X