Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IWF sat 2 tickets 6 left is my thinking correct

34 runners at starting stack of 13k total chips in play 442,000

2 tickets to IWF €1100 £50 entry (not sure what this matters but puttin ya in picture)

6 handed average stack 50k (bb 4000 300 ante)

stacks concerned - hero 55k villian 72k

folded to hero on button raise to 10.5k 105

sb folds bb bb thinks for few minutes and ships (good player would in my opinion do this with wide range if senses weakness)
    what should i do fold and find better spot with 10bb or call and have 114k with 6 left?
    SPOILER
    fold pre i know

Not so much fold pre, but either shove or fold pre. Even making it 8k is better than 10.5. That raise is just so bad. You can't call now either

Comment

simple fold.
      if you are interested in playing this hand pre you can only shove

fwiw. i would be folding this pre

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

is it always a fold?

Comment

Originally posted by harrharr View Post
          is it always a fold?
          After he shoves, it's costing you 43500 to win 68300. This doesn't take into account ICM and the fact that the top 2 places pay out the same.

Give him a range of any ace, any pair, any 2 broadways, and some other worse hands and you need 34% equity to call. My brain is not working well at the moment, so i could be off

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

621,566,352 games 1.248 secs 498,049,961 games/sec

Board:
          Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
          Hand 0: 35.006% 34.37% 00.64% 213623974 3960052.00 { Td5d }
          Hand 1: 64.994% 64.36% 00.64% 400022274 3960052.00 { 22+, A2s+, K7s+, Q9s+, J9s+, T9s, A2o+, KTo+, QTo+, JTo }

---

Comment

is it always a fold?
            If we covered and they had like 7-12 BBs, shoving would be fine since average players will call super-tight at this stage of a sat. With this stack though r/calling and r/folding are both terrible plays especially when you make it this sizing (8.5k will get the exact same job done as 10.5k, so why risk more?).

Fold pre, and fold as played. How can you possibly be thinking of calling off w T5 here.
            "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

if you know the bb can ship light then y raise at all? fold now for sure- but fold pre as well and let blinds go to war (esp. in sat!)

Comment

im A DONKEY ! i was thinkin with 6 left and only have 10bb id be shoving within next few hands to keep myself in game, i was also thinkin he had Ax and any broadway hands so id be live, if i call and take this gamble i am sitting with 1/4 of chips in play with 6 left ana a good chance at taking the ticket.

i called and hit two pair but got beat.

was just thinkin on way home that i shouldnt have got involved preflop and was kickin myself for callin off with 105

Comment

im A DONKEY ! i was thinkin with 6 left and only have 10bb id be shoving within next few hands to keep myself in game, i was also thinkin he had Ax and any broadway hands so id be live, if i call and take this gamble i am sitting with 1/4 of chips in play with 6 left ana a good chance at taking the ticket.

was just thinkin on way home that i shouldnt have got involved preflop and was kickin myself for callin off with 105
                  u should probably kick urself again thats horrible play.

Comment

"Fullflush" Schwarz ITT lol
                    "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

fold pre i know
                      Then that's all that's needed then.
                      There is nothing to gain from trying to find the best line out after you made the mistake of raising. There no need to looking from a "what do I do as played" perspective. While the decision to call the shove was ultimately the one that sent you home, the solution to the ahnd is realy as simple s fold pre.

Comment

deserved for that play imo

Comment

Working...
                        X