QQ in local pub game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QQ in local pub game.

Hi all, this spot happened to me last week and I'm wondering if i played it correctly??

10 players left. (5 players at my table) Hero would be seen as extremely LAG but knows what he is doing, Villiian is a woman in her 60's, standard bet if she's hits fold if she's missed player.

Blind are 800/1500.
    Hero 20k
    Villian around 29Kish

Hero dealt QcQd

Villian call (1500)
    Hero raises to 6000 (14K left behind)
    SB folds
    BB calls.

(Pot 18,800)

Flop 10s 6s 4c

Checked around to Hero??

What's my move here?

Will post rest of hand after some replies (hopefully):

standard push all in imo

Comment

Originally posted by Tilt Gone View Post
      Hi all, this spot happened to me last week and I'm wondering if i played it correctly??

10 players left. (5 players at my table) Hero would be seen as extremely LAG but knows what he is doing, Villiian is a woman in her 60's, standard bet if she's hits fold if she's missed player.

Blind are 800/1500.
      Hero 20k
      Villian around 29Kish

Hero dealt QcQd

Villian call (1500)
      Hero raises to 6000 (14K left behind)
      SB folds
      BB calls.

(Pot 18,800)

Flop 10s 6s 4c

Checked around to Hero??

What's my move here?

Will post rest of hand after some replies (hopefully):
      does villain limp utg? or is villiant bb? anyways i just shove in pre here...

Comment

Shove pre, shove flop.

This is the most standard hand ever.

Comment

Bet/call flop....they've a set ul

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
            Shove pre, shove flop.

This is the most standard hand ever.
            +1

Comment

Shoving pre is vry poor play,

Just under 20bb, standard raise maybe 5k after limp,

why do ye want to shove pre ? I'm confused..

Misread hero stack...yeah ship it all day pre...

Comment

13.33 != just under 20

Comment

Originally posted by gillespie101 View Post
                  does villain limp utg? or is villiant bb? anyways i just shove in pre here...

Villian limps UTG.
                  The reason I didn't shove pre is because the players involved know I'm loose and could reraise here light trying to pick up the blinds. A shove pre however will look super strong to the players involved.

Thus will call me light if i rasie. I puporsely made the raise this big to get as much in pre, and decided to jam any flop with no K or A.

Knowing this info is there any merit in betting say 6K on flop hoping to get called by Villian if she has a 10 in her hand?? Plus the two spades on the flop is scary as both players will call me regardless of cards if they have 2 spades. By betting flop and seeing turn I could still get away if spade comes on turn. I can read these players very well and am confident I could get away from the pot and still have 8K
                  Last edited by Tilt Gone; 03-10-11, 15:38.

Comment

x4 pf is to large. Id make it around 4,2k with a limper in. Shoving pre is fine, hit a perfect flop with QQ what more do you want?. Standard flop shove.

Comment

Villian limps UTG.
                      The reason I didn't shove pre is because the players involved know I'm loose and could reraise here light trying to pick up the blinds. A shove pre however will look super strong to the players involved.

Thus will call me light if i rerasie. I puporsely made the raise this big to get as much in pre, and decided to jam any flop with no K or A.

Knowing this info is there any merit in betting say 6K on flop hoping to get called by Villian if she has a 10 in her hand??
                      You already said she bets if she has it and checks if she missed. Why do you think she would have a ten?

Comment

Shoving pre loses a lot of value here imo, I like the raise to 6k.

Comment

Theyre unlikely to re raise light when you make it 6k pre.

Comment

True but players in these type of games are far more likely to flat than raise light imo, better to bloat the pot pre than hope some ABC player is suddenly going to decide to get tricky and limp 3bet air.

Comment

Ok so post flop shove is the way to go. Just wanted to bounce it off a few people.

Comment

was just thinking that.

Comment

Anyways I shoved post flop. BB folds and Little old lady tanks for ages and then calls. Ks9S

7d on turn and 8h on river to give the straight (puke)

I asked her why she called me pre with K9 and she said because she had a feeling I was trying to rob the blinds.

I couldn't care less about the result but just wanted to see if shoving pre would have been a better option.
                                  Last edited by Tilt Gone; 03-10-11, 16:02.

Comment

shove everywhere.

why would you be annoyed she called you pre, its what you wanted.. did you actually want her to turn up with a better hand than what she had? You make it seem like you're wondering what the best line to make her fold is..
                                    "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Anyways I shoved post flop. BB folds and Little old lady tanks for ages and then calls. Ks9S

I asked her why she called me pre with K9 and she said because she had a feeling I was trying to rob the blinds.

I couldn't care less about the result but just wanted to see if shoving pre would have been a better option.
                                      What now? You want her to call pre. I hate the raise size pre, either shove or raise less. Get chips in middle on that flop and if someone wants to call you with a flush draw be happy about it

Comment

Shove p/f (with 13 bb's, you should be shoving whatever hand youre deciding to play, not just big hands).

And why did you ask her about her call pre-flop? Did you not want her to call you with K-9 when you had QQ? I have a dislike of people who question others play at the table after they have lost a hand to supposeably "poor" play by their opponnent. They payed their money into the tournament, and are entitled to play their cards whatever way they chose without being belittled by supposably "superior" players. Remember the famous saying "Dont tap the fish tank"!!

Also, pub players dont limp in order to reraise you. they like to see flops. You said you raised to 6k in the hope that she would reraise you. If that was your plan, you should raise smaller. But with 13 bb's, just shove it. Normally in a pub game, if someone likes their hand enough to limp for 1500, they'll call the 13.5 bb shove.

Connie

Comment

Originally posted by connie147 View Post
                                          Shove p/f (with 13 bb's, you should be shoving whatever hand youre deciding to play, not just big hands).

And why did you ask her about her call pre-flop? Did you not want her to call you with K-9 when you had QQ? I have a dislike of people who question others play at the table after they have lost a hand to supposeably "poor" play by their opponnent. They payed their money into the tournament, and are entitled to play their cards whatever way they chose without being belittled by supposably "superior" players. Remember the famous saying "Dont tap the fish tank"!!

Connie
                                          The reason I asked her why, is because during the time it took her to call I done something that I normally wouldn't do. I folded my arms on the table and rested my head on my arms while staring at the ground. I just thought maybe she picked up on this as bluffy, not wanting a call behaviour.

I agree I wouldn't berate anyone's play at the table. Like you said she paid her money and can play want she wanted.

Just wondering if my out of character actions was a factor on the call.

Thanks for the feedback though. Have to admit I don't really feel comfortable posting hands in here beacuse I feel some people dismiss questions that they obv find easy to answer. How and ever thanks.

Comment

The reason I asked her why, is because during the time it took her to call I done something that I normally wouldn't do. I folded my arms on the table and rested my head on my arms while staring at the ground. I just thought maybe she picked up on this as bluffy, not wanting a call behaviour.

I agree I wouldn't berate anyone's play at the table. Like you said she paid her money and can play want she wanted.

Thanks for the feedback though. Have to admit I don't really feel comfortable posting hands in here beacuse I feel some people dismiss questions that they obv find easy to answer. How and ever thanks.
                                            I know what you mean, I used to feel the same way when I started posting on the old place but there are some very experienced tournament players on here and when you can figure out who is who and take on board their advice (which is golden most of the time) you will start to look at things differently, which is the first step in being succesful.

I stubbornly resisted this advice and choose to remain a results based thinking player (even though I knew about long run advice) and if and when you can change that part of your thinking it opens up another level of possibilities which will elevate your skill and results and confidence.

Your particular hand was a great spot, other players are always going to have equity against you so it was a bad beat that you can't avoid and is part of the game. If you purposly try to avoid these spots you will not be able to amass the chips it requires to win a bigger tournament. Embrace these spots and don't worry when they don't work out as long as you feel you did the right thing.

Also post and read more hand histories, talking about hands and spots is the best way to learn.

Comment

Agree with what Gordon says here ^^^^^

Look past the odd smart remark you might get here and pick up on the, mostly, excellent advice given by the many experienced players on IPB.

Keep posting HH's.

Comment

Thanks gorrr, will take your advice on board. Playing again this evening so I'm sure there will be a few spots I'd like to review after tonight.

Comment

TBH I am pretty sure she hasnt a clue what she is doing from the way she played the hand to the explanation she gave. Standard shove pre, gonna get called in this environment by all sorts of spanners. Dont like raising pre. QQ is a monster but its very different from AA when trying to get trappy with shallow stacks. Just shove over her, she will call you with alot worse.

Whenever you can, take manky decisions out of the equation.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                                                    Whenever you can, take manky decisions out of the equation.
                                                    This basically... Kinda like Occam's razor for poker.

Comment

Classic Mary?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnOB View Post
                                                        Classic Mary?
                                                        hahahahaha Alright John. How'd you get on yesterday. Actually it was Rita.

Comment

Haaa, ahh sure they are the kind of people you expect to be playing and you want. The more donks the more value

Ahh had a bad day to be honest, i sold % and wrote a game report here if ya wanna have a look http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ad.php?t=11236

How come your not playing? Or where you there yesterday?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnOB View Post
                                                            Haaa, ahh sure they are the kind of people you expect to be playing and you want. The more donks the more value

Ahh had a bad day to be honest, i sold % and wrote a game report here if ya wanna have a look http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ad.php?t=11236

How come your not playing? Or where you there yesterday?
                                                            I'm stuck in work for the weekend. Not an hours holiday left to my name. I'll have a look at the report cheers.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback though. Have to admit I don't really feel comfortable posting hands in here because I feel some people dismiss questions that they obv find easy to answer. How and ever thanks.
                                                              It can feel a little condesending, when a hand that was a pivotal in that tourney, is dismissed as "the most standard hand ever". But as soon as your undertand that the posters are doing this is help not to belittle you.

You had just over 13BBs pre flop, this is a bit too much to open shove with, but its fine to 3bet all in with.
                                                              As played, over betting pre, when short results in you ahve 14k facing a 19k pot, shoving is really the only option. Once you recognaise these key points, you can play these hands on auto-pilot, and they really do become super-standard.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X