Live Hand: Known Villain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live Hand: Known Villain

Jackpot Wednesday Tournament, we are 8 handed. Effective stacks are approximately 10,000 as the hand happened relatively early and I haven't been too active. Not just 100% on the bet sizes so apologies for any discrepancies:

Hero (BB): As6c

Blinds are 50/100

3 limpers and the Villain (SB) completes. Hero checks.

Flop: 9 6 3d Pot: 500

Checked all round.

Turn: 2 Pot: 500

Villain checks, Hero bets 225, folded around. Villain raises to 750 (not sure on this) Hero calls.

River: 9 Pot: 2500

Villain bets 1450. Hero?

Villain is Moneymaker by the way and we have a lot of history. He would definitely try and take this pot away from me here if he thought I was weak.
    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

I just fold the turn, as played you are getting over 2/1 to make the call so the odds are there, but i dont know tbh as i would have folded the turn, i prob make the call.

Comment

Assumimg he's taking the game semi-seriously, whats he limping SB with & check raising that turn?
      Quite early to be messing oop so i'd have to assume i'm beat here a lot of the time.
      Obv the river is a good card to bluff a missed draw at (7s8s or the like), i'd be far more concerned by 22\33\66(less likely with your holding) or any 9.
      Last edited by Dice75; 22-09-11, 17:37. Reason: CR on turn not flop

Comment

if you thought he was light when you called the turn then you have to call the river as its effectively a brick. I'd just fold the turn though

Comment

Snap river.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
            if you thought he was light when you called the turn then you have to call the river as its effectively a brick. I'd just fold the turn though
            I would of though this as well.

Can we check fold the turn though? C/C and reevaluate on the river I think.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
              I would of though this as well.

Can we check fold the turn though? C/C and reevaluate on the river I think.

Hero leads the turn

Comment

Originally posted by TheImprover View Post
                Hero leads the turn
                Sorry I mean can we check behind and see a cheap river. Why are we leading on the turn.

Comment

Really feels like he is trying to build a nothing pot into something, fold to the c/r on the turn and fold now.

Comment

I'd be with those who fold on the turn as you're behind a lot of SB type hands, 22/33/45/2 pair hands but it gets interesting on the river.
                    Villian would know that his CR folds out plenty of non 9 one pair hands so assuming he doesn't have one then he must think that a hand containing a 9 makes up a lot of your range - therefore although the river actually improves your hand I think it also makes it more likely that he would give up with missed draws and he should be checking counterfeited 2 pair hands. It might be villian dependent but I think I'd be inclined to fold the river as it now looks more likely that he has a 9, a straight or the boat.
                    Last edited by Arazi; 22-09-11, 20:18.

Comment

ghey

Comment

I call on the turn, and the offsuit 9 is one of the best rivers int he deck so Im not folding the river. Our lead doesnt look very strong so with history I guess he may know this. We obviously dont have a 9 much, and we might have led the flop with 54. I think he should also have led by now with 9x/54/2P+ having failed to build a pot, and unlikely the 2 has changed anyone elses hand enough to bet and build it for him..
                        "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Originally posted by Winning! View Post
                          I call on the turn, and the offsuit 9 is one of the best rivers int he deck so Im not folding the river. Our lead doesnt look very strong so with history I guess he may know this. We obviously dont have a 9 much, and we might have led the flop with 54. I think he should also have led by now with 9x/54/2P+ having failed to build a pot, and unlikely the 2 has changed anyone elses hand enough to bet and build it for him..
                          Why do you say that we don't have a 9 much? I wouldn't be betting many 9s on the flop here multiway from the BB

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                            Why do you say that we don't have a 9 much? I wouldn't be betting many 9s on the flop here multiway from the BB
                            Even if we dont bet it OTF we would likely bet bigger than 225 on the turn knowing we almost certainly have the best, yet vulnerable hand. It just doesn't seem like an overly confident line if you get me. I would certainly pick up on this if I was villain. Of course we can have a 9 sometimes with this line, as with everything, I just don't think it's very likely.
                            "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

The river doesn't change anything. In fact it makes it less likely that he has you beaten.

When you bet, or more specifically, when he CR the turn you need to have a plan to proceed.
                              If you call the turn, MM fires at all obvious bricks. So for this reason I don't think it's an option to call turn and fold to a nine. The person in front on the turn is still in front, the only small exception is if MM is counterfitted.

TBH, i prob fold the turn check raise.
                              But if you think you had a reason to call the turn then you have to call the river as nothing changed.

Comment

At this stage in tourby I'm raIsinglass moneymaker 9 times out of 10 calling it off the other time

I assume I am good here like 75% time

Against money maker I win 100% of the time here
                                Last edited by pgodkin; 25-09-11, 12:56.

Comment

We see a five way flop and spike 2nd pair, i lead flop for 350 and give up if called.

As played i fold to turn raise....

If i called the turn i'm 100% calling the river.

Comment

Working...
                                  X