QQ button deep in 500 wcoop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QQ button deep in 500 wcoop

Stacks are me 118k, villain 106k, blinds 700/1400. In the money here with 300k up top, about 400 or so left, only 5 hands on the villain, only info is that he's norwegian and not a winner online in mtts. Utg player mins it to 2800, i make it 6k straight on the button and villain insta makes it 16k form the bb. I call and flop comes js, 4s, 4h, he bets 28 out of his remaining 90 into 37k. How does qq look in this spot?

Well it really depends on your plan for the hand.
    Whats his range here? Id say with similar info as you that a lot of the time its JJ+ AK and sometimes AQ (we have 2 of the QQ's so alot of the time its AA KK JJ or AK, thats what i'd be thinking anyway).
    When you called pre therefore you're essentially set mining with QQ or looking for a non AK flop.

If he has AK he's probably making this Flop bet (and something similar with AA, KK and JJ). I think your 2 options are Fold or Call, I dont raise. If you decide to continue with the hand, flat him. Seeing as there is a small pair there when you flat he'll put pairs like 88-1010 as a big part of your range and could easily shove the turn. If you do flat then snap any non AK turn card.

Since he's not a winner online I wouldn't make so much of his betsizing on the flop except to note that he'll think he has a nice size bet left for the turn.
    Last edited by Arazi; 12-09-11, 17:54.

Comment

GOD DAMN IT MAN! WRONG FORUM!

Do we have the Qs here? Also what was the timing of his bets?

I don't like my QQ much, but his range readless must be something like AK/JJ+. We cant extrapolate much from the fact that he's not a winning player, it could mean his range is super-tight or on the other hand maybe he has fancy play syndrome (very possible from a scandi).

Bet-sizing may be a tell.. When he bets 2/3pot on the flop this is usually one of two things.. 1) protecting a big hand with bad sizing or 2) trying to take you off your hand by betting more. Given his relatively good sizing pre I would have put him in the later category and think we may see AK here a little more than usual but of course that's just conjecture.

I badly want to peel and see what he does but we'll probably be getting too good a price to ever fold to a turn shove, which if he had a few more chips I think he might reconsider with air.. It's a 500 game though so I would expect people to make moves like this a lot more, thus I probably call in game, calling turn shove unless and A/K falls.
      "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

lol sorry bout wrong forum! long night..yea ciaran I agree its not a flop raise, I'm not set minin, Jus think flattin pres the only option here vs an unknown, I'm also letting him hang himself if he's a spewy scandi. I can be pretty wide ther and so can he but anyway. I hate his flop sizing its totally retarded whatever he has, I spaz shoved over the flop rse, pretty bad I kno really I can call and reevaluate turn here. I was fcked tired in my defence and this was a pure brain fart. anyway do you lads call this off on blank turns? Dan as I said the cold 4 was instant which scared me even more..and he snap bet flop

Comment

Yes I make my decision on the flop. Ie I either fold now or flat call. If I flat I'm calling/shoving if he bets any non A/K turn or I'm checking behind and calling any non A/K river (I'm pretty sure that checking behind on a blank turn would be optimal given stacks).

Ps In my first post the 2nd paragraph (the call or fold options) relate to post flop.
          Last edited by Arazi; 12-09-11, 17:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
            Yes I make my decision on the flop. Ie I either fold now or flat call. If I flat I'm calling/shoving if he bets any non A/K turn or I'm checking behind and calling any non A/K river (I'm pretty sure that checking behind on a blank turn would be optimal given stacks).

Ps In my first post the 2nd paragraph (the call or fold options) relate to post flop.
            But do you not think it makes a huge difference whether he can shove the turn for his tourney in this spot? Stacks wise i can call flop and fold turn and still have 70k which makes how i played this hand even more embarrassing, ive actually never been this tired playin before i didnt even want to play this, i was hungover from the night before and was jus gonna take the tourney $s and head to bed when i binked but it had already started. So this hand came up 20 30minute lvls later!

Comment

Originally posted by alanmc101 View Post
              But do you not think it makes a huge difference whether he can shove the turn for his tourney in this spot? Stacks wise i can call flop and fold turn and still have 70k which makes how i played this hand even more embarrassing, ive actually never been this tired playin before i didnt even want to play this, i was hungover from the night before and was jus gonna take the tourney $s and head to bed when i binked but it had already started. So this hand came up 20 30minute lvls later!
              If he was light pre, I think he'll shove turn as a semibluff if he has equity or picks up some more on the turn. I know the paired board is not great for continuing on as a bluff but spewy players get lost and go crazy in these spots.

I can't see myself folding vs an unkown Norwegian

Comment

yea i guess i can peel the flop with a lot and he will jam a lot of turns, ah its a bit of a gross one i should have got away because it was close, i was very deep and was ownin the table, so many value spots, shoulda tank folded the flop and moved on. He had bullits in case you haven't guessed

Comment

Working...
                X