UKIPT hands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UKIPT hands

Hi folks, A couple of hands that (i think) affected my outcome in Dublin.
    FWIW Gawa and Adam Fallon were at the table so they may have better reads/thoughts on the players /hands involved. I joined table around half way through day 1.

All player info is what i could get from my phone at the time. and blind /ante info is what i can remember

Hand 1:

Villian is Graeme Brophy, a young guy, who bought in direct from PS (AFAIK). He's quite aggro, however I'm not sure he knows why he's being so aggro a lot of the time. There is deffo some history with this guy. I've three betted him about three times before (every time I've had a hand).

Hero - 28k
    Villian - 18k
    Blinds - 200/400 ante 50
    Hero is in UTG +1. Folded to Hero. hero raises to 1025 (KK). everyone folds. villian (BB) calls. He's been doing this a lot. He's defending his blinds by calling all the time - a lot of the time - it seems he's not even looking at his hand some times.

Flop comes 7x9xTx.
    Villian checks,
    Hero cbets to 2k - (thoughts ?)
    villian c/r to 4.7k

At this point I'm thinking that this is a geat flop to CR me on. Most of the time I've missed and will let this go, but i've a great hand and I elect to call with the intention to jam the brick turn. (BTW, I''m putting him on a pair of tens, 88, or a draw at best here.)

Turn come an 8

Bleughhh. - Villain leads for 4.2k and I dwell and fold.... Thoughts..???

Second hand:

Been moved downstairs. Same table as before. Seat 9 - Cut off - seems a very tight player. Don't have any info on him as I can't see his seating card. Raises with good hands. Cbets. can let go of hands. There's history here too. He led two streets on a J high board when I called OTB with QQ. He Checked the river after a big dwell. I checked behind thinking i was only getting called by a hand that beats me and I wasn't getting called by any hand I beat.

Blinds 400/800 ante 100
    Standard table raise was about 1925.
    Cut off opens UTG+1 to 2k (20k behind)

Folded to me OTB with AQ sooted
    I raise to 5k (25k behind)

fold/fold/ UTG starts talking/dwelling. he says (early on in his chat, Do you have the ladies?) After about 5minutes he shoves

I'm thinking - I had about average in chips before the hand started. If i fold now and hang on till day two - i'd have about 24 BB's. If i gamble now and hope he's got an underpair or Aj () and win then I've got 60k for day two.

Thoughts.......
    Last edited by newbie2; 11-09-11, 22:53.

hand one is a fold, unfortunately. his range is all over that turn. possibly 3 bet flop, flat is fine you just got an unlucky turn card.

hand two is a bit unclear as to who has raised and re-pushed and from what position.

I'm assuming a lad has raised from EP and then repushed. you think this guy is 'very tight'. by virtue of the way you played QQ he prob thinks you're solid too. this makes him much less likely to be repushing light here. at best he has 1010, JJ. rarely has 99 or less and almost never has AJ imo. he has AK a lot. so its prob a fold, albeit stack size might make it a call... I prob fold depending on how the table is playing and how easy I feel I can get chips elsewhere

what did he have in the hand you had QQ in?

Comment

Apologies - yes it is unclear who raised what and when in the second hand;

Blinds 400/800 ante 100

UTG+1 raises to 2k (20k behind)

fold/fold/ UTG+1 starts talking/dwelling. he says (early on in his chat, Do you have the ladies?) After about 5minutes he shoves....

FWIW
      Yes, I did think he was tight and I'm pretty sure he thought I was tight. The QQ hand he didn't show - although I thought he had to show. I know Adam thought the same but the dealer continued on and I thought FFS I know he had AK ....

AHH FFS- IM AFTER DROPPING GIN AND TONIC ALL OVER THE SITTING ROOM FLOOR. FFS I FUCKING HATE CLEARING UP. GRRRRR. FFS. BRB

Sorry, what was the question?

Comment

Hand 1 - i'd bet a bit less on the flop 1400ish, i'd call the check raise on the flop and re-evaluate the turn. Turn is ugly and can just fold. You say its great flop for him to check raise you on but he'd most likely just check call a 10x hand, so much of his semi bluffing hands get there on the turn that you should just let it go.

Hand 2 - Just peel pre given he's tightish and raised from early position. Dont 3bet AQ unless your 3bet/calling his shove which sounds like it might be too thin vs the player. If you peel pre you can still win the pot on flops you both miss

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
          FWIW Gawa and Adam Fallon were at the table so they may have better reads/thoughts on the players /hands involved........
          Gawa wasn't there, you must be mistaking him for someone else (possibly his friend Gareth Cash).

Hand 1: Bet less on flop, call the check raise, give up on the turn.

Hand 2: Can't be 3 betting a hand as strong as AQs at these stacks if you're folding to the shove. If you don't like calling a shove then don't raise in the first place, either flat or fold. Against a tight ep raiser I'd generally fold AQo and flat AQs.
          My poker blog - Doking around in cyberspace

Comment

Originally posted by doke View Post
            Gawa wasn't there, you must be mistaking him for someone else (possibly his friend Gareth Cash).
            Was JamieCarra i think

Comment

Hand 1 I like how you played it.

Hand 2 given the history and reads you should push. It's cutoff vs button so there is an aggressive dynamic to the hand, plus him seeing that merely flat called his raise with QQ might lead him to suspect your calling range is a lot stronger than your 3betting range. Also from the sound of it he has jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                Hand 1 I like how you played it.

Hand 2 given the history and reads you should push. It's cutoff vs button so there is an aggressive dynamic to the hand, plus him seeing that merely flat called his raise with QQ might lead him to suspect your calling range is a lot stronger than your 3betting range. Also from the sound of it he has jacks.
                Villain is utg+1

Comment

Cut off opens UTG+1 to 2k
                  I'm confused. Are you playing 5 handed?

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                    I'm confused. Are you playing 5 handed?
                    Apologies - yes it is unclear who raised what and when in the second hand;

Blinds 400/800 ante 100

UTG+1 raises to 2k (20k behind)

fold/fold/ UTG+1 starts talking/dwelling. he says (early on in his chat, Do you have the ladies?) After about 5minutes he shoves....

Comment

In hand 1 we're against an agro player who wants to play back at us so I'd be ok with checking behind on the flop and calling the next two streets that he'll 80% fire at whether he hits or not. It's a horrible board for an overpair so I'd proceed with caution. As played call the check-raise and drop on turn. There aren't many "brick" turns that you want to get it all-in against tho.

Agree with flatting or folding Hand 2, leaning more towards flatting for me.

Comment

I agree with what has been said so far about both hands. The second one is a more easily rectifiable mistake though and one that is common. I guess it boils down to the fact that you are unsure whether you are 3betting as a bluff or 3betting value. Obviously 3betting a hand as strong as AQ is not usually termed as a bluff but essentially that's what it is if you were to end up folding. There will be other opponents where this is firmly in your value range and you can happily 3bet call it off, but against this villain that doesn't seem to be the case but you can't really 3bet fold a hand as strong as this.
                        @OwenRua on Twitter.

Comment

Hand 1; Call flop, fold turn is fine.

Hand 2; flat pre w stacks and position vs UTG, for multiple reasons like under-repping your hand it's a good low-variance play.

Solid posting ITT, can't add much else.
                          "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Thanks all,

FWIW,

In hand 2, I called the shove and he had Kings. Flop came down 2d6d9c - giving me the FD. I suspect if I had called preflop - I was getting it all in on this flop.

Cheers

Comment

Hi folks, A couple of hands that (i think) affected my outcome in Dublin.
                              FWIW Gawa and Adam Fallon were at the table so they may have better reads/thoughts on the players /hands involved. I joined table around half way through day 1.

All player info is what i could get from my phone at the time. and blind /ante info is what i can remember

Hand 1:

Villian is Graeme Brophy, a young guy, who bought in direct from PS (AFAIK). He's quite aggro, however I'm not sure he knows why he's being so aggro a lot of the time. There is deffo some history with this guy. I've three betted him about three times before (every time I've had a hand).

Hero - 28k
                              Villian - 18k
                              Blinds - 200/400 ante 50
                              Hero is in UTG +1. Folded to Hero. hero raises to 1025 (KK). everyone folds. villian (BB) calls. He's been doing this a lot. He's defending his blinds by calling all the time - a lot of the time - it seems he's not even looking at his hand some times.

Flop comes 7x9xTx.
                              Villian checks,
                              Hero cbets to 2k - (thoughts ?)
                              villian c/r to 4.7k

At this point I'm thinking that this is a geat flop to CR me on. Most of the time I've missed and will let this go, but i've a great hand and I elect to call with the intention to jam the brick turn. (BTW, I''m putting him on a pair of tens, 88, or a draw at best here.)

Turn come an 8

Bleughhh. - Villain leads for 4.2k and I dwell and fold.... Thoughts..???

Second hand:

Been moved downstairs. Same table as before. Seat 9 - Cut off - seems a very tight player. Don't have any info on him as I can't see his seating card. Raises with good hands. Cbets. can let go of hands. There's history here too. He led two streets on a J high board when I called OTB with QQ. He Checked the river after a big dwell. I checked behind thinking i was only getting called by a hand that beats me and I wasn't getting called by any hand I beat.

Blinds 400/800 ante 100
                              Cut off opens UTG+1 to 2k (20k behind)

fold/fold/ UTG starts talking/dwelling. he says (early on in his chat, Do you have the ladies?) After about 5minutes he shoves

I'm thinking - I had about average in chips before the hand started. If i fold now and hang on till day two - i'd have about 24 BB's. If i gamble now and hope he's got an underpair or Aj () and win then I've got 60k for day two.

Thoughts.......
                              Hand 1 bet way less on the flop and pre flop too...you totally give away you want to take the pot down right now.

Hand 2, you should not be 3bet folding this hand so decide before the action gets to you whether you want to 3bet get it in or flat call. I would flat call in position here. It also disguise the strength of your hand. The way hand his played and his speech I would call.
                              Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
                              My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666

Comment

Hand 1: I'd make it slightly less pre. And less on the flop. But these are tiny adjustments. Flatting the CR and floding the turn bet is fine, the 8 smacks his range.

Hand 2: I think villain should either shove or fold to your 3bet. So I only 3bet hands that i'm snapping a shove. Call and evaluate turn. As you said, it was always going in - so outcome was the same.

Comment

Originally posted by AKQJ10 View Post
                                  Hand 1 - i'd bet a bit less on the flop 1400ish, i'd call the check raise on the flop and re-evaluate the turn. Turn is ugly and can just fold. You say its great flop for him to check raise you on but he'd most likely just check call a 10x hand, so much of his semi bluffing hands get there on the turn that you should just let it go.

Hand 2 - Just peel pre given he's tightish and raised from early position. Dont 3bet AQ unless your 3bet/calling his shove which sounds like it might be too thin vs the player. If you peel pre you can still win the pot on flops you both miss
                                  My thoughts exactly

Hand 2:
                                  Don't 3b a hand ever without a plan to what you will do to a 4b. If you're going to fold to a 4b then you are essentially 3b-ing AQs as a bluff. You may as well have 2 snickers wrappers since this guy prob folds/shoves.

So it seems like a clear flat in pos w AQs for me ADL.

Comment

Working...
                                  X