strategy's for MTT SNG'S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strategy's for MTT SNG'S

so i have started back playing these mttsng again, i havn't played them in about 18months or more and when i did it was back in the days of fulltilt and i never bothered with turbos. the structure on fulltilt was 6min blinds but had alot more levels in them compared to the turbos on stars today. so turbos are a bit of new ground for me.
    i don't have a big sample size done probably a couple of hundered 18,45 and 180's and the majority of these would be 45'sand buyins for the most part would be $7 with some $15 and $2-3 thrown in aswell.
    ok on to my point, when it gets on in the tournie and you become shortstacked about 10bbs i take it that the stratagey here still is to steal the blinds and look for people who are limp opening and then try and push over them from late position to force a steal of the blinds and a laydown from the limper. my range for this would be, pp's, suited/unsuited connectors, suited one gappers, any suited ace, A7o+, K9+, Q10+ or there abouts. anyhow i have noticed alot of this limping with big holdings from early position players with 10-15bb stacks, while i wouldn't mind a limp with maybe AA or KK i have seen alot of limping with AK and AQ type hands a few AJ thrown in there aswell and even down as far as 99 while the table is still 9handed. ok if the table is getting shorthanded down around 5 or 6 players then obviously it would make sense to try and induce some one to shove over you lightish if you have a decent hand as by pushing the only person that will call you will be another big hand, but at a full 9 handed table this shurely can't be +EV long term or is this a new angle to get people to try and push you off your hand when you have a monster dissguised?
    is this the norm?
    just throwing it out there to see what people think, obviously i could be miles behind here and this could be the norm with years.
    Last edited by Angry-Ball; 05-09-11, 09:28.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

This is why having PT or HEM is so important. If villain limps, and you are in LP with <15BB's, villains vp$ip/pfr ratio is going to be the crucial factor in deciding whether a shove is +EV. It usually is, even if monsters make up some small part of villains limping range.

Anyway, in a vacuum, shove ruthlessly, and don't feel like an idiot the odd time they show you the blade.

Also, in future I'd advise you make your thread title more informative. This goes for everyone! Give some insight into what exactly you want to discuss so people can decide whether or not they want to read it and maybe weigh in. Buy-in, hero's hand, what street, the specific strategy topic (bluffing, vbetting, ranges, etc), w/e! I see all these vague references to general strategy, and tbh they doesn't inspire me to read beyond the first line. It's only because I'm in a country where poker is banned and I'm bored off my tree tonight that I bothered reading this fully tbh.
    "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

If you have no reads on whether the villain is likely to call light or not, would you tighten your range or do you use this as a default whenever this situation comes up.

I'm a newbie, but still a little surprised at how loose it seems. I read on here, that protecting your stack is very important.

Comment

Originally posted by curleywurley View Post
        If you have no reads on whether the villain is likely to call light or not, would you tighten your range or do you use this as a default whenever this situation comes up.

I'm a newbie, but still a little surprised at how loose it seems. I read on here, that protecting your stack is very important.

O dear no, from what I can remember in the old place there was was some heated debate about tourney life syndrome! Some say it was important others saying not!

I think u may be mis understanding when people talk about protecting the stack they are talking in relative terms to the strength of the hand vs what your risking, your stack is not really important it's the deecisions make based on your stack size that are

Comment

Working...
        X