Hands from Unibet Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hands from Unibet Open

Gonna stick up the biggest hands that I remember from the Unibet game - not that I was in it too long!!! No harm getting thoughts, and know that one will get ripped to shreds.Heading off for the weekend so will check-in tonight and then Sunday.

My thoughts on the players at the table so far (fwiw):

Dorey: Had opened UTG 60-70% and had folded to 3bets every time. Had 3bet me 2-3 times and never flatted, also 3bet a couple of other times, so his standard line seemed to be a 3bet if he's playing vs a raise at all.

Seat 1, Seat 2, De Korver: All 3betting frequently, raising and re-raising to 2-2.3BB max. Opening fairly often but De Korver opening almost all hands he gets offered once the levels his 75/150.

Gary Clarke/Nicky Power: Gary trying to open at least once a round and being put under pressure by 3-bets almost every time. Not having much luck but biding his time. Nicky playing very tight and letting the Scandies/Dutch create the action for him.

Seat 5: Seems to be loose passive and the value of the table.

Bops isn't in any of these hands and was to my right in Seat 7.

Hand 1.

Blinds 50/100. Stack ~17k.
    Clarke opens in MP1 to 250
    3, possibly 4, callers inc Seat 5 and me from the BB with Q10

Flop: 689

I check
    Clarke bets 800
    Seat 5 calls
    I re-raise to 2800
    Clarke folds
    Seat 5 calls

Turn: 3
    Hero?

Hand 2:

Blinds 75/150. Stack 20k.
    I open to 400 from MP1 with 99
    Clarke and Power both call from the SB and BB.

Flop: 410J

Check, check,. I bet 875, Clarke folds, Nicky calls.

Turn: Q
    Hero?

Hand 3:

Blinds 100/200. Stack ~24k.
    Dorey opens UTG to 500.
    Seat 1 re-raises to 1100. I've just come back to the table to see him having bet 2.5k on the river into Nicky and folding fairly quickly to a re-raise to 5.4k on a 1010984 board (or similar) so this makes me think he's picking on the 90% chance of a fold from Dorey & he's looking to get some chips back after that dent (tilting/chasing, whatever).
    I 4bet to 3400 with AK
    Dorey folds.
    Seat one flats (thought he had ~15k but had about 18k).

Flop:
    8JK

I lead for 5700.
    Seat one min-raises.
    Hero?

Hand 4:

Blinds 150/300/25. Stack 24k.
    I open UTG+1 to 750 with 79
    Dorey UTG+2 3bets to 1700.
    All fold and I call saying "you've 3bet me 4 times now, you can't have premium every time can you?". Thoughts?

Flop 3910

I check.
    Dorey bets 1900.
    I call.

Turn 5

Check, check.

River Q

I check.
    Dorey bets 5400.
    Hero?

Hand 5:

Blinds 200/400/50. Stack ~16k.
    De Korver (EPT Champ) opens UTG to 1k.
    I flat call with 99.
    Seat 5 ships the shortstack from the blinds for 4K.
    De Korver re-ships his 16k.
    Hero?

Not much to add to your hands but cheers for using the suits they actually look a lot better than I originally thought last night and I think they work well.
    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

hand 1 - I don't raise the flop. Gary shouldnt be firing there without a reasonably strong hand. We have loads of equity and I dont think raising achieves anything

hand 2 - bet/fold probably around 1800

hand 3 - I flat the 3bet as opposed to cold 4betting. The way the hand played out its going in on the flop

hand 4 - fold pre

hand 5 - wp. snap calling with the 9's there. getting a sick price innit

Comment

1. I much prefer leading flop to check raising this deep. As played, I fire turn again and prob again on blank rivers.

2. Check fold flop

3. This is the one you were telling me about. With the dynamic you said, the 4b is ok. Definitely not standard. Once you hit the flop, there is no folding with that PSR and the draw heavy flop.

4. Don't like the speech or the call pre oop. I would just let him have it. Call on flop is standard. I think I would call river v this guy after he checks turn.

5. Fold

Comment

Originally posted by ikilldurrr1 View Post
          1. I much prefer leading flop to check raising this deep. As played, I fire turn again and prob again on blank rivers.

2. Check fold flop

3. This is the one you were telling me about. With the dynamic you said, the 4b is ok. Definitely not standard. Once you hit the flop, there is no folding with that PSR and the draw heavy flop.

4. Don't like the speech or the call pre oop. I would just let him have it. Call on flop is standard. I think I would call river v this guy after he checks turn.

5. Fold
          +1

except i think check raising flop in hand one is fine

Comment

1. I think I'd just call in the first place.

2. I'd check

3. What position are you both in? 4bet is way too big imo. Ugh, guess I ship.

Fold the next two.

Comment

1 Usually lead here, as played just keep firing.

2 Check back flop would be standard, check back turn now.

3 Dont think I'd 4bet this deep, As played Ship Ship.

4 fold pre and fold to 3bet. Call flop, river is meh vs a bet check bet line, call I suppose but close.

5 Id fold.
              "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

people folding hand 5 also folding jacks obv? you bitches be crazy

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                  people folding hand 5 also folding jacks obv? you bitches be crazy
                  I'd say jacks is a call, 10s would be border line, depends how wide utg is opening. He should be isolating the shorty light but he probably isn't opening very light in the first place. Would you call with 77/88?
                  "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

Originally posted by Line Us View Post
                    I'd say jacks is a call, 10s would be border line, depends how wide utg is opening. He should be isolating the shorty light but he probably isn't opening very light in the first place. Would you call with 77/88?
                    Touche

I probably fold 7's based solely on the fact that he can be raise shipping worse pairs than 9's but 7's would be too thin i.e. more chance your dominated. what does poker stove say? TT prob on the boarder? meh Im a fish with a pair its going in

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                      Touche

I probably fold 7's based solely on the fact that he can be raise shipping worse pairs than 9's but 7's would be too thin i.e. more chance your dominated. what does poker stove say? TT prob on the boarder? meh Im a fish with a pair its going in
                      I'll try and do the calc later, bit of an akward one I'd imagine with the side pot though. And it is hard to have accurate ranges for both the shortie and utg. We have to put 3k into the side pot which will total 13k and the main pot we will stick in 12k to win 24k. I'd doubt we have enough equity in both pots to call unless shorty is very light and utg opens light too.

Comment

1. I fire 5k and line up the rest of my stack for whatever river lands.

2. I probably don't cbet this since it's hit their range so hard. Yes your hand needs protection but I'd be ok with just getting to showdown cheaply here.

3. Fistpump shove.

4. I'd play it exactly the same but I wouldn't give him the speech. You've basically told him what sort of hand you have.

5. Crying fold.
                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Interesting

1. I lead 5k the rest of my stack for whatever action or river hand

2. I try to get show down cheaply otherwise i fold

3. I shove

4. with no speech I would shove.

5. I fold.

Comment

Hand 1 - I prob lead flop most of the time, if repopped I'd be happy enough to get it in somehow. As played I lead turn

Hand 2 - I check fold, if it goes check check unless we improve on river I prob check again

Hand 3 - I think its fine to get it in, you told me about this hand. His flat of the 4 bet is horrible IMO

Hand 4 - I'd ditch the speech play and prob call also (maybe even 4 bet) if he's been 3 betting repeatedly. As played I may look him up on the river as not sure what he checks the flop with there unless he's binked the river

Hand 5 - I prob fold but dont like doing so

Comment

Re hand 4:

@Ghostface:

Not sure I like a 4bet since we've no blockers, but we did open UTG+1 so our range should look really strong. It's ok I guess.

@Vituperio: I hate shoving the river in this hand. We have a great bluff catching hand and villian can make a ton of hero calls with better.
                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by ikilldurrr1 View Post

5. Fold
                                +1

2. Would have checked back flop, but barrell this turn as played, expecting folds from better from the BBs wide range

3 You're in the blinds here? I'd 4b small IP but flat OOP. Not folding postflop

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                  All fold and I call saying "you've 3bet me 4 times now, you can't have premium every time can you?". Thoughts?
                                  Why tell him exactly what you are thinking?

Comment

I really liked how you played H1, bomb that mofo

H2 i chk behind, you've picked up a draw and have showdown value

H3, manky hand - i think his range is pretty narrow when he flats your 4 bet - JJ+ AK,
                                    i think your 4bet and your flop bet were too big, they gave you no room to get away from the hand. his flat pre is bad imo, what he doing? setmining/trapping?? and his min raise was lolbad - i thought he had AA and was trapping you pre when he min raised you

H4, keep yer mouth shut!
                                    4 bet or fold pre, you're oop against a decent aggro player
                                    deffo fold the river (i don't think i was there for that hand, it was after my cooler )

H5 snap, de korver played like a fish

nice playing with you (briefly) btw
                                    Last edited by bops; 01-09-11, 22:00.

Comment

Working...
                                    X