Facing river all in 6max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facing river all in 6max

Hand from 6max SE at the unibet I think the river is a tough 1 curious what others would have done.

We are playin 4 handed I start the hand with about 28bbs(57k) Button playing about 40bbs(80k) raises I smooth a10s.

Flop comes AJ5 rainbow I check call standard cbet.

Turn brings an Ace again I smooth a 13k bet the pot is now 40k.

The river brings a King. Board is now AJ5AK.

I again check the river and after dwelling button shoves???????
    Last edited by Guest; 28-08-11, 23:44.

3betting pre is better than flatting IMO. Flop and turn are fine, river is a nasty spot but were good too much of the time here, he can have any Ax combination/a bluff/possibly some Kx hand. Call it off and pray
    They will be like WTF how does he always have the top of his range, and they will be saying that when you show up with like nine's - Jimmy Fricke
    Nine's are the top of my range - Shaun Deeb

Comment

U had trippers though??!!

Comment

Pretty sick spot but you've under-repped your hand quite a bit by checking three streets and will have the nuts here like never so it's pretty easy for him to rep a lot of big hands that crush you're preflop calling range. Since we have a blocker to most of these hand I call, his range is polarised with too few combos of hands that beat us, esp from the BTN.
        "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

It was a sick spot Dave. It was a very good shove by him. It's hard to fold but at the same time I didn't think that player would shove without a boat in that spot. The Internet guys can tell u it was "standard" to call but a lot of the time "standard" calls get u knocked out of tourneys and all they have is a story afterwards. Every given hand is situational and in that given spot I would lean towards folding cos u had a massive edge pre and post flop your betsizing was perfect and in general u still had enuf bbs to mount a comeback. And he looked way 2 comfortable to be shoving there with less than AAx. I thought u played really well throughout and it was a real shame u didn't make it further.....thankfully I took that guy out by the roots soon after that.....

Comment

Originally posted by CorkRichie View Post
            It was a sick spot Dave. It was a very good shove by him. It's hard to fold but at the same time I didn't think that player would shove without a boat in that spot. The Internet guys can tell u it was "standard" to call but a lot of the time "standard" calls get u knocked out of tourneys and all they have is a story afterwards. Every given hand is situational and in that given spot I would lean towards folding cos u had a massive edge pre and post flop your betsizing was perfect and in general u still had enuf bbs to mount a comeback. And he looked way 2 comfortable to be shoving there with less than AAx. I thought u played really well throughout and it was a real shame u didn't make it further.....thankfully I took that guy out by the roots soon after that.....
            Thanks man yeah I agree it wasn't a standard call or a cooler I just think it was a poor call not beating anything but a bluff I had loads in 15bbs.
            I thought about it after and was really disgusted with my call he played the turn quite well which leaned me towards a call where he bet so strong.
            The river should allow me to fold I'm curious what he would have done if he doesn't fill up on the river.
            He probably is shoving any Ax on the river for value but the advantage live is possibly getting a physical tell which I agree indicated he was strong.

Ha glad u bust him where did ya finish??
            Thanks btw appreciate the compliment u played really well!!!

What u have that time i 3 bet u on da 7d3d2 board I had JThearts

Comment

Pretty hard for us to tell you what his live tells were like.
              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Ya all the physical signs and tells were way too comfortable there. It's still a really tough spot tho. I chopped it 3 ways in the end. First place guy had a nice lead and he dealt for 3k I got 2.9 which was a few hundred more than 2nd prize so I was happy with that and 3rd got 2500. I had 56dd on that board. I figured u were 3 betting me light there but I happened to have a lot of equity with that hand if I was wrong. I'm never folding once I hit that flop so hard. Its a tough spot for u even if u are trapping pre on that flop. I have lots of equity v over pairs. Big dog v sets or 2 pair combos. Hard 2 put u on those hands there tho. Went with my read and it was good thankfully this time......

Well played dude and I'll prob see u at ukipt Dublin in 2 weeks

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                  Pretty hard for us to tell you what his live tells were like.
                  Yes I understand that I appreciate the input very helpful!!!

Comment

Ya all the physical signs and tells were way too comfortable there. It's still a really tough spot tho. I chopped it 3 ways in the end. First place guy had a nice lead and he dealt for 3k I got 2.9 which was a few hundred more than 2nd prize so I was happy with that and 3rd got 2500. I had 56dd on that board. I figured u were 3 betting me light there but I happened to have a lot of equity with that hand if I was wrong. I'm never folding once I hit that flop so hard. Its a tough spot for u even if u are trapping pre on that flop. I have lots of equity v over pairs. Big dog v sets or 2 pair combos. Hard 2 put u on those hands there tho. Went with my read and it was good thankfully this time......

Well played dude and I'll prob see u at ukipt Dublin in 2 weeks
                    Wel done fancied ya 2 ship once ya hit da Ft da only danger(guy 2 my left) was crippled so thought it was a steering job.
                    Yeah nice hand 5d6d sick flop 4 ya well done anyway
                    catch up wit ya at da UKIPT gl

Comment

there is a different section for bad beats & coolers.

(fold pre)
                      (fold the river for sure)
                      twitter
                      moneybookers

Comment

It's hard to fold but at the same time I didn't think that player would shove without a boat in that spot.

And he looked way 2 comfortable to be shoving there with less than AAx.

The Internet guys can tell u it was "standard" to call but a lot of the time "standard" calls get u knocked out of tourneys and all they have is a story afterwards.
                        We were given no live reads in OP so based on board, texture, position, betting and our passive line, this is standard, meaning it's +EV, hence the correct long-term decision, regardless of immediate result.

Every given hand is situational and in that given spot I would lean towards folding cos u had a massive edge pre and post flop your betsizing was perfect and in general u still had enuf bbs to mount a comeback.
                        No matter how bad your opponents, the edge you have with 15BB's is almost insignificant, and definitely not a reason to pass up on a +EV call now. The edge Hero will gain by calling and winning, thus having a much larger stack with which to run over the table, is of more importance than folding to survive with no edge and limited scope for play.

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
                        (fold pre)
                        4-handed vs a BTN raise?? Madness

EDIT: ..or level
                        "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Definitely raise pre!

Comment

Originally posted by Winning! View Post
                            Pretty sick spot but you've under-repped your hand quite a bit by checking three streets and will have the nuts here like never so it's pretty easy for him to rep a lot of big hands that crush you're preflop calling range. Since we have a blocker to most of these hand I call, his range is polarised with too few combos of hands that beat us, esp from the BTN.
                            Can't say I agree that we've under repped, more that we have an Ace here lots.
                            I'd be leaning towards a fold here.
                            What was your thought process on the Turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Winning! View Post
                              We were given no live reads in OP so based on board, texture, position, betting and our passive line, this is standard, meaning it's +EV, hence the correct long-term decision, regardless of immediate result.

Ya I agree it's +ev in the long run. But in this given situation. It's a fold due to the live read. Dave agrees that live read was bang on

No matter how bad your opponents, the edge you have with 15BB's is almost insignificant, and definitely not a reason to pass up on a +EV call now. The edge Hero will gain by calling and winning, thus having a much larger stack with which to run over the table, is of more importance than folding to survive with no edge and limited scope for play.

Again ya +ev but in this circumstance. It's better to have 15bbs than being knocked out of the tourney. A lot of players have given into this + ev standard playbook etc... regardless of every situation. Personally live reads are a big part of my game and I'm not going to justify exits after tourneys afterwards by saying well it was +ev in the long run. I have made hero folds like this b4 and came back to finish strong.
                              Moral of the story is..
                              Just don't throw your chips away when your behind.....

4-handed vs a BTN raise?? Madness

EDIT: ..or level
                              A

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                Hand from 6max SE at the unibet I think the river is a tough 1 curious what others would have done.

We are playin 4 handed I start the hand with about 28bbs(57k) Button playing about 40bbs(80k) raises I smooth a10s.

Flop comes AJ5 rainbow I check call standard cbet.

Turn brings an Ace again I smooth a 13k bet the pot is now 40k.

The river brings a King. Board is now AJ5AK.

I again check the river and after dwelling button shoves???????
                                It would be essential to know what his preflop raise was and his flop bet was so we can judge his turn bet by that, whether its alot on turn or small bet on turn. If you could add that info be great.
                                Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
                                My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
                                  there is a different section for bad beats & coolers.

(fold pre)
                                  (fold the river for sure)
                                  FOLD pre???
                                  That a joke???
                                  Playin 4 handed??
                                  U not call a 4-bet shove near da bubble of da UKIPT with AT??

Comment

Originally posted by Daragh999 View Post
                                    3betting pre is better than flatting IMO. Flop and turn are fine, river is a nasty spot but were good too much of the time here, he can have any Ax combination/a bluff/possibly some Kx hand. Call it off and pray
                                    What's the plan here Daragh? Are we 3betting with the intention of folding or 3betting and calling a 4bet jam? 3bet folding here with 28bb seems spewy.

Comment

Originally posted by islander32 View Post
                                      What's the plan here Daragh? Are we 3betting with the intention of folding or 3betting and calling a 4bet jam? 3bet folding here with 28bb seems spewy.
                                      Yeah this is the next thing I wanna say your playin 28bbs 4 handed u must make the decision before you 3 bet are u......
                                      A- 3 betting for value to induce a shove
                                      B- 3 betting as a bluff??

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                      Definitely raise pre!
                                      U deinitely raise??? Please explain why you raise???

Originally posted by blaaaaaaah View Post
                                      It would be essential to know what his preflop raise was and his flop bet was so we can judge his turn bet by that, whether its alot on turn or small bet on turn. If you could add that info be great.
                                      Yeah sorry maybe a bit more more info on da bet sizing!!!
                                      He raises to 4200(bb 2k)
                                      c bets the flop for 6.5k
                                      bets da turn for 13k
                                      shoves river for 50k covering me(32kish)

Comment

3bet call pre assuming the table has been in anyway aggro. As played its a call too.

Comment

Originally posted by AKQJ10 View Post
                                          3bet call pre assuming the table has been in anyway aggro. As played its a call too.
                                          This!
                                          They will be like WTF how does he always have the top of his range, and they will be saying that when you show up with like nine's - Jimmy Fricke
                                          Nine's are the top of my range - Shaun Deeb

Comment

Ye it's a call on the end as played. Your OP made out that his turn bet was almost full pot rather than just over half pot so your hand is under repped. Call UL. I think you played it fine pre thou, I don't see why you need to put 28 BBs in pre with A10 in this spot

Comment

[QUOTE=brady23;391462]U deinitely raise??? Please explain why you raise???QUOTE]

Theres 4 players and it's a button raise. Seems pretty standard to me to 3bet/call here.

Comment

Working...
                                              X