flopped straight with straight flush draw early

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flopped straight with straight flush draw early

sorry posting this on my phone so sorry for the layout. 50 freeze. Villain is v bad old style loose aggro player. Bets 5 and 6x and finds it hard to lay down. The perfect villain really. Lots of history between us too.Only 2nd level both of us basically playing SS, 10k. Villain is the button. I'm BB. Folded around to villain , makes it 500, SB calls, i have 9d 7d and elect to call. FLOP 8d Js 10d. SB CHECKS, i check, villain bets 1500, sb folds, hero ??? Just quick line check here, what would you do from here? Hand is super strong so lots of possibilities and want to get max value as we percieve the villain as a bit of a calling station. Some opinions please, all feedback appreciated as usual and thanks in advance. Will post the result tomorro evening
    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

fold villain obviosuly got there with some bag of spanners on the turn or river

Comment

If hes as spewy as you say id make it 3700 now and obv call a shove
      if he flats which he will will do lots im guessing im shoving everyturn card.

Comment

Raise now shove turn.

There are plenty of cards that aren't that great for you are potential outs. Board pairing is awkward etc, and is a 7 or a 9 popping up, play this one fast

Comment

Originally posted by healwayscallsmedonkey View Post
          sorry posting this on my phone so sorry for the layout. 50 freeze. Villain is v bad old style loose aggro player. Bets 5 and 6x and finds it hard to lay down. The perfect villain really. Lots of history between us too.Only 2nd level both of us basically playing SS, 10k. Villain is the button. I'm BB. Folded around to villain , makes it 500, SB calls, i have 9d 7d and elect to call. FLOP 8d Js 10d. SB CHECKS, i check, villain bets 1500, sb folds, hero ??? Just quick line check here, what would you do from here? Hand is super strong so lots of possibilities and want to get max value as we percieve the villain as a bit of a calling station. Some opinions please, all feedback appreciated as usual and thanks in advance. Will post the result tomorro evening
          I'd be looking to get the money in on the turn here (unless he spaz's out and 4 bets your raise) when you check and he fires 1500 there is now 3k out there, he has 1500 out there so i will make it like 4k leaving him 2,500 to call when he looks @ the pot he will think it a bargin, if he calls there 9500 in the pot and we have at most 6k behind easy enough to shove it then on turn!

i would have to say although it is a strong made hand there is a ton of cards on the turn that could put u behind... What kind of hands would he rasie, i assume he would raise J10o+ Ax+ 22+ etc so any blank on the turn you need to commit him to the hand

Comment

3.5k/shove turn. He very likely connected with a bet this big so try to get it in asap instead of slowplaying. Most players aren't going to barrel off their stack with 2P or less on such a wet board so c/call really isn't the best line.
            "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Against this villain on this flop divide his stack into three and look to take it all off him in three bets. First bet is raise to 3,500 call any reraise. Lead 2,500 on turn. Anymore and you might scare him off with his bag of spanners. Leaves a 2k bet on river which he will prob call even if he's missed because he 'put you on AQ there'.

People will say turn lead is badly sized but against this villain its irrelevant, he's not thinking that way and he will still fold his draws even if he's spectacularly priced in.

I'm probably not folding at any point in this hand either.

Comment

Working...
              X