Sattelite Hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sattelite Hand

7 Handed, 5 Packages to Ukipt Dublin, 6th is €200.

I dont thinking posting the result is too bad in this spot because i just want opinions on my line / thought process.

I flat with the intention of calling a shove from the BB if he squeezes & give him some room to get it in lighter by not 3betting. Also im 2nd in chips and the chipleader raises so i dont want to give him the chance to 4bet ship be with any2 and be forced to fold even if he shows me 32o. After i dont get the shove from BB is it right to shut down on this flop -v- CL??
    Basically was this hand played weak or fine for the situation?

Poker Stars €100+€9 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t500/t1000 Blinds + t100 - 7 players - View hand 1408471
    DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

MP: t22034 M = 10.02
    CO: t40457 M = 18.39
    BTN: t86652 M = 39.39
    Hero (SB): t65724 M = 29.87
    BB: t25783 M = 11.72
    UTG: t41309 M = 18.78
    UTG+1: t18041 M = 8.20

Pre Flop: (t2200) Hero is SB with J :spade: J :diamond:
    4 folds, BTN raises to t2350, Hero calls t1850, 1 fold

Flop: (t6400) 4 :club: 7 :club: T :club: (2 players)
    Hero checks, BTN bets t2850, Hero folds

Yeah your line is fine. There is no way i'd continue vs the CL on that board with payouts so close. Just folding and putting pressure on the smaller stacks in future hands will keep your stack well above average, so many better spots to be in than this, esp with position on the CL for every other hand.
    "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

i think i fold pre

Comment

I almost would too you know. Lot of flops we wont like and we don't plan on continuing unless we feel really comfortable with our hand so it's no big deal to dump it pre. Sat dynamics are crazy
        "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Not sure you see the BB going at it light here very often.
          Once you call vs the CL BB is thinking:
          1. SB must have something if he is getting involved with the CL.
          2. Happy to sit back here and let the two big stacks hopefully go toe to toe.
          If he had a history of sqeezing it might be different.

Fold pre could be the right move here.

Flop fold is grand as played.
          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Raise pre IMO, you have JJ, in a sat , against the big stack button raiser.
            I can see what you are thinking about it being set up for bb to squeeze but maybe that is overthinking it a bit. Also it breaks my golden rule for Sats which is always to be the raiser and never the caller.

As played its an insta fold on that board.
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

i think i put in a raise preflop here too cos as much as u dont want to get involved with the chip leader in this spot the chip leader wont want to get involved in a big pot with the number 2 stack at the table unless he has a premium hand..

Comment

I hate 3 betting so so much im to tired at the minute to explain my reasoning
                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Yeah think 3 betting is pretty bad, what are we achieving?

Comment

I wouldn't have a problem with folding pre, as played is fine too

Comment

Working...
                    X