• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Line Check

HH from $3r $40k on Stars.

We are itm but not sure how many left, avg c.80k

No reads or stats on villain.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 3.3 Tournament, 1250/2500 Blinds 425 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

MP1 (t83741)
    Hero (MP2) (t125877)
    MP3 (t128837)
    CO (t123791)
    Button (t68105)
    SB (t67311)
    BB (t40547)
    UTG (t27181)
    UTG+1 (t49353)

Hero's M: 16.62

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 4, A
    3 folds, Hero bets t5250, 3 folds, SB calls t4000, 1 fold

Flop: (t16825) 4, 4, K (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (t16825) 9 (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets t7403, SB raises to t20000, Hero calls t12597

River: (t56825) K (2 players)
    SB bets t41636 (All-In)

Might not need a thread for this one but just looking for thoughts on all streets, please and thanks.

Looks like he has a king. I'd call readless, good spot for him to bluff and you may of induced it.

Comment

Id prob Cbet a lot here too, less than half pot. He should call with pkt pairs a lot on flop, aswell as Kings. Maybe even A high some times - give us a better change to get the pot a little bigger.

unlucky river it seems - as is, id do as HJ says too, and curse myself at his KJ

(you having NFD rules out some of his hands, but doesnt mean he couldnt be semibluffing turn)
      Last edited by Semibluff; 15-08-11, 01:37.
      GAA News Website

Comment

Cheers lads, just making sure the call wasn't terribad bad, after seeing the result I kind of expected to see. One notch higher on the kicker Semibluff btw.

Comment

Id bet the flop sometimes, the shorter you are the better checking is though.

Comment

5500/5800 seems like a sexy bet on the flop, you wanna be thinkin when you see this flop of the best way to get the effective stack pot sized for the river. Like hj said if its shorter and u can do that in 2 streets then checking is fine but as played if he only calls the turn bet pot will be 30k and he would hav apx 50k.
            5.8 flop / 11.5 turn would build it nicely they'l stack off alot with just the KQ

Comment

I wouldn't check back this flop as a rule. It looks like we're going into trap/station mode with a value hand, since we're hardly ever checking back air here. I'd just cbet 1/3pot or something small, hope to induce and go from there. There really aren't many turn cards that will get us action from hands we wouldn't have got action from on this flop anyway.

As played we have to call having severely under-repped our hand.
              Last edited by Winning!; 15-08-11, 11:02. Reason: thought 9's full, then thought again
              "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                HH from $3r $40k on Stars.

We are itm but not sure how many left, avg c.80k

No reads or stats on villain.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 3.3 Tournament, 1250/2500 Blinds 425 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

MP1 (t83741)
                Hero (MP2) (t125877)
                MP3 (t128837)
                CO (t123791)
                Button (t68105)
                SB (t67311)
                BB (t40547)
                UTG (t27181)
                UTG+1 (t49353)

Hero's M: 16.62

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 4, A
                3 folds, Hero bets t5250, 3 folds, SB calls t4000, 1 fold

Flop: (t16825) 4, 4, K (2 players)
                SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (t16825) 9 (2 players)
                SB checks, Hero bets t7403, SB raises to t20000, Hero calls t12597

River: (t56825) K (2 players)
                SB bets t41636 (All-In)

Might not need a thread for this one but just looking for thoughts on all streets, please and thanks.
                without looking @ reply's bet flop and jam turn if villian donks into you! u have the nut 4, Villian could flat kings in this spot to which i say unlucky he can have 9's to which i say silly u for not betting flop but can easly have a tone of Kxs hands and the check raise on the turn can be trying to get you off PP......now to read replys to see if i have the same line as all the good posters!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                  without looking @ reply's bet flop and jam turn if villian donks into you! u have the nut 4, Villian could flat kings in this spot to which i say unlucky he can have 9's to which i say silly u for not betting flop but can easly have a tone of Kxs hands and the check raise on the turn can be trying to get you off PP......now to read replys to see if i have the same line as all the good posters!!!
                  sweet.. was nearly there forgot to look at river decison as K popped up, i still call this though as played had he called two streets from us and then shoved river i think YOU could find a fold, me no fold though as i'm bad!!

Comment

Working...
                  X