• Time
  • Show
Clear All

live game situation

275 buy in tourney
    51 players
    down to 22 ave stack 48k approx

i have 29k blinds 800/1500 ante 100

im small blind, one limper, i flat call as big blind never raises but calls most raises into her BB,

i have weak hand K c 2 d, so i shoud have folded pre

flop Ac 5c 9c

i check
    BB makes it 4 k
    limper all in for 15k

i go all in for 29k

is this a good spot for a gamble
    http://paullucey.blogspot.com/

IMO no, if you get them in first, well and good, at least you have 2 ways of winning this hand.
    When getting down to the business end of of a tourney, i feel its best to fold SB with hands that can only get one in trouble, well, thats without a very "specific" flop
    How did the hand fair out for you BTW

Comment

Limping here with K2o is pretty bad tbh, and I know you know this but it really is worth consciously eliminating this kind of mistake from your game. It's just burning chips long term, OOP with a hand that has horrible reverse implied odds, and will never feel like a lock unless you flop the world.

As played start by leading the flop, it gives you more than one way to win as you may take it down there and then. At least if played back at after leading, you may have the right odds to draw.

Fold on the flop as played. You could very easily be drawing slim vs a made flush, and a set/2P would have redraw outs even if you managed to hit.. so no, it's a pretty bad spot to get the chips in.
      "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Originally posted by NoHomeJerome View Post
        IMO no, if you get them in first, well and good, at least you have 2 ways of winning this hand.
        When getting down to the business end of of a tourney, i feel its best to fold SB with hands that can only get one in trouble, well, thats without a very "specific" flop
        How did the hand fair out for you BTW
        BB came in also, she had me covered

BB sm flush floped
        limper 2 pair

no club , so home early.
        i would never do this in a big tourney, but allways wondered should i, as have been in this spot before in the big ones

Comment

Yes and no.
          I would not lead at this flop.
          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I guess i was looking at the top 3 payouts and decided this might be a chance to get it in bad and sck out to have a big stack

Comment

having gotten to the flop and seen the action i would just call the 15k all in. hope to keep the BB involved. Youve no FE at this stage (although you may if you jam turn, unlikely but still . . .) you want this to go as many ways to the turn to increase the odds your getting on it

As it turns out BB called anyways, but we arent guaranteed this
              GAA News Website

Comment

Exactly, the real mistake in this hand is that you will not win the hand unless you hit a club, so there is no point raising and driving off other players, the more players in the hand the better.

Comment

i really dont like how u played this hand at all.. i think you should just fold ur K2o pre as it just does not flop well enough especially imo against a limper!

as played i would probably lead at the flop but as played with the check, BB bet and limper shoving i would probably fold as BB looks pretty strong leading into an A high flop.. bottom 2 pairs and made flushes look very likely here! i dont like putting all my money in hoping for a club and the board not to pair so i just fold here and wait for a better spot!

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                    having gotten to the flop and seen the action i would just call the 15k all in. hope to keep the BB involved. Youve no FE at this stage (although you may if you jam turn, unlikely but still . . .) you want this to go as many ways to the turn to increase the odds your getting on it

As it turns out BB called anyways, but we arent guaranteed this

very good point- what happens if i call the 15k and BB calls, i check turn with no club and she jams.

Comment

with the bb 1500 sb 800 , limper 1500 and 1000 in antees
                      its costing me 700 to potentially win 5500 thats the only reason i called this preflop and i know the bb will not raise after i flat.

i know its still a very poor hand, but maybe i flop huge or i can lead out 1st to steal

Comment

Originally posted by CarlowPoker View Post
                        its costing me 700 to potentially win 5500 thats the only reason i called this preflop and i know the bb will not raise after i flat.

i know its still a very poor hand, but maybe i flop huge or i can lead out 1st to steal
                        i know the pot odds are good but i stil think i just fold the K2, how often are you going to flop huge with K2o in fairness.. alot of the time your going to flop air and other times your going to flop bottom pair or top pair with a zero kicker how do you play it then??

its just my opinion that i fold maybe im wrong and maybe its nitty to fold here..

Comment

It's a fold pre. You have less than 20bbs and the vast majority of the time you're lighting a flame to the chips you voluntarily put in the pot because you're hand simply doesn't play flop well or play anywhere near well in a multiway pot.

So why check? You've flopped the draw to the nuts so even if it doesn't get through you are building the pot and as such you make the odds you get to call even more attractive if you get raised behind. It's a fold now imo.
                          Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                            Exactly, the real mistake in this hand is that you will not win the hand unless you hit a club, so there is no point raising and driving off other players, the more players in the hand the better.
                            Is 5,500 already in the pot not better to lead at and try take down as were sitting with less than 20 bigs and that pot alone reps 1/5th of our stack. Surely its better to lead normally than call n call again hoping to hit with a 20big stack? Just curious. I prob would check flop tho hoping for free card, with 20 bigs I'm not interested in playing marginal hands post flop, all I want to do is rejam on ppl's opens preflop until I get enough in my stack worth taking flops with.

Paul, muck pre and muck to flop bet as played. Bb only gets out of line when forced to, this time however she had free flop and then lead the flop herself. Also she will not fold to your shove if it is folded back to you even with a raggy ace. So you always just have a bare flush draw in this spot...not good.
                            Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
                            My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666

Comment

I don't mind a shove pre. Easy 3300 chips most of the time.
                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Fold pre. U have only 20bbs. You have a perfect re-steal/re-shoving stack to play with until u can gather some chips. No matter how many chips I have I fold K2 off in sb in a limped pot. It's just burning chips u can use in better spots. Although saying that I've done some crazy shit blind on blind but that's different. Lol lead or donk bet the flop half pot bet if u do decide to play to take it down.. Re-evaluate after that but not a gr8 spot..

Comment

Originally posted by blaaaaaaah View Post
                                  Is 5,500 already in the pot not better to lead at and try take down as were sitting with less than 20 bigs and that pot alone reps 1/5th of our stack. Surely its better to lead normally than call n call again hoping to hit with a 20big stack? Just curious. I prob would check flop tho hoping for free card, with 20 bigs I'm not interested in playing marginal hands post flop, all I want to do is rejam on ppl's opens preflop until I get enough in my stack worth taking flops with.

Paul, muck pre and muck to flop bet as played. Bb only gets out of line when forced to, this time however she had free flop and then lead the flop herself. Also she will not fold to your shove if it is folded back to you even with a raggy ace. So you always just have a bare flush draw in this spot...not good.
                                  just wonering what to do if same situation arises in a big game this was a 275 so decided to gamble i think your right just thaught in this situation its best to fold pre ? i had no interest in the pot up untill the flop as i play quite passivly

Comment

20bbs is not a stack you can play passively with in 99.999999% of situations
                                    Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

just wonering what to do if same situation arises in a big game this was a 275 so decided to gamble
                                      Isn't that backward thinking? To my mind I'd be more inclined to gamble at the more expensive tournies because presumably the field is tougher ala Chris Ferguson, where here with a weaker field you could probably find a better spot than this to gamble.
                                      Last edited by curleywurley; 09-08-11, 21:04.

Comment

just wonering what to do if same situation arises in a big game this was a 275 so decided to gamble i think your right just thaught in this situation its best to fold pre ? i had no interest in the pot up untill the flop as i play quite passivly
                                        Even easier muck preflop in a bigger game. The old saying goes never risk your tourny on a draw, now that is somewhat outdated with shoving Ah flush draws etc are profitable but this one is not as its d loan flush draw and you have no back up unlike the Ahigh where u can prob hit an ace to win in most situations aswel as your flush draw. With a raise and reraise in front of me I normally muck all draws in tournys, such better spots than drawing at 36% you can wait get it in pre aq v aj n be 70-30 favourite or reshoving on light opens or getting it in ahead on flops wher other hav small draw v your made hand n on n on. Your choices are endless so forget the overuse of gambling on draws...gamble when your ahead
                                        Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
                                        My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666

Comment

i think fold pre because if the flop comes the way it did you will want to gamble as you only have 20bb left and will feel obligated to go with your draw, as opposed to putting your chips in first in a different spot where you might be ahead and also have some fold equity.The way the hand went, after calling pre I think you have to gamble with that flop and your stack. But imo the way the hand played is a good reason why you should never limp in that situation with that hand.

Comment

275 buy in tourney
                                            51 players
                                            down to 22 ave stack 48k approx

i have 29k blinds 800/1500 ante 100

im small blind, one limper, i flat call as big blind never raises but calls most raises into her BB,

i have weak hand K c 2 d, so i shoud have folded pre
                                            /thread imo

There's little point debating how to get out of a bad situation. You "solve" this hand by folding pre.

As played, I fold to the 15k raise, you aren't getting nar the odds to get it in, even if you knew BB was always called a jam you aren't getting the odds.

I guess i was looking at the top 3 payouts and decided this might be a chance to get it in bad and sck out to have a big stack
                                            There are times when getting it in behind is +EV. This isn't one of them.
                                            Geting it in bad is always bad, even if you might hit.

Comment

Working...
                                            X