2 Pair deep in 5k GTD 6max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Pair deep in 5k GTD 6max

This hand is from a 5k GTD 6max on stars. 30 players left out of like 2100 avg stack is ~250k. Only at the table like 8 hands and villian is playing 63/50 over those hands.

Poker Stars No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t3000.00/t6000.00 Blinds - 6 players
    DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

MP: t121793.00 20.30 BBs
    CO: t112718.00 18.79 BBs
    BTN: t469619.00 78.27 BBs
    SB: t72008.00 12.00 BBs
    Hero (BB): t249899.00 41.65 BBs
    UTG: t139575.00 23.26 BBs

Pre Flop: (t9000) Hero is BB with A:club: 9:club:
    1 fold, MP raises to t12000, 3 folds, Hero calls t6000

Flop: (t27000) Q:spade: 9:diamond: A:spade: (2 players)
    Hero checks, MP checks

Turn: (t27000) J:diamond: (2 players)
    Hero bets t18000.00, MP raises to t48000

Hero?

Don't really like your call pre with 20bbs effective. I much prefer shoving on him as he seems active(over small sample) and is minraising. There is definitely some fold equity. As played i prob shove turn or call, check call. Never folding. You still have 20bbs left. Not the end of the world.

Comment

Fold pre, shove now

Comment

Shove or fold pre.

Comment

Snap shove

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
            Fold pre, shove now
            Is there any hand you defend with these stack sizes or is it just always shove or fold for you? Also what do you think villian's range is for raising the turn here?

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
              Snap shove
              Do you not think vilian's line looks super strong?

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                Shove or fold pre.
                And now?

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                  Snap shove
                  a shove is horrible here

I think villian does look quite strong here, i may find a fold now the only other option is call and cc or call and fold river, its a tricky spot, i prob call and re-evaluate river,

nothing wrong with defending here from bb imo but i prefer to know villains post flop tendencies, so having said that i prefer shove pre in this case,
                  Last edited by Kenny; 18-05-11, 17:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                    a shove is horrible here

I think villian does look quite strong here, i may find a fold now the only other option is call and cc or call and fold river, its a tricky spot, i prob call and re-evaluate river,

nothing wrong with defending here from bb imo but i prefer to know villains post flop tendencies, so having said that i prefer shove pre in this case,
                    Too many bad cards on river to call now.

I just get it in he can have tons of draws, worse two pairs and AK a bunch.

Shove or fold pre obv.

Comment

i see your point about calling here, but i feel the most part of his range consists of hands that beat us
                      Last edited by Kenny; 18-05-11, 17:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                        a shove is horrible here

WHOPPPPS!! Didn't see that we were on the turn! Though it was bet 18k reraise to 48k on the flop with AQ9 out there. With the jack out there I'm probably folding now. Hate calling and seeing the river cos if he is anyway competent he is firing the river big. Shove or fold now, fold for me I think unless he is super spazzy.

Comment

Shove pre vs this villain, will win the pot uncontested so often.

As played, jam over the raise OTF. Villains line OTF is odd as we expect him to cbet most hands, esp when board is coordinated. More likely to check back 2nd pair for pot control so the raise OTT can signify a worse 2P; QJ/J9, maybe. AdKd/AdTd/QdTd pair&FD/SD type hands cannot be discounted either.
                          "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Originally posted by Winning! View Post
                            Shove pre vs this villain, will win the pot uncontested so often.

As played, jam over the raise OTF. Villains line OTF is odd as we expect him to cbet most hands, esp when board is coordinated. More likely to check back 2nd pair for pot control so the raise OTT can signify a worse 2P; QJ/J9, maybe. AdKd/AdTd/QdTd pair&FD/SD type hands cannot be discounted either.
                            Flop is checked. Think the call pre is ok, but with a marginal hand like this we need to play weak and keep the pot under control. Flop is obv massive and a check-raise would be fine. I hate that turn card and don't lead out. There are many hands that crush us and I def fold to the re-raise without history.

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                              Flop is checked. Think the call pre is ok, but with a marginal hand like this we need to play weak and keep the pot under control. Flop is obv massive and a check-raise would be fine. I hate that turn card and don't lead out. There are many hands that crush us and I def fold to the re-raise without history.
                              Indeed my bad, I meant on the turn. Yes calling pre is ok, but shoving is excellent albeit vs a small sample on villain.

And you have to lead the turn, his raise consists of much more than AQ/AJ/Large PP's. There are so many hands we extract value from with draws everywhere, and I happily get it in vs whatever he's trying to raise you off with.. GG, ul if he has us crushed,

Why would he check back any Ax on that board given his image? Ok he can have JJ/KT here some of the time but he can also have worse 2P given the line and we have blockers to AA/99/AQ. Almost 2:1 on a shove w 30k invested and I expect we're good at least that amount.
                              "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Not an online player so don't know if those numbers mean he's an absolute monkey or something, but if he is then 9,10 and K10 are definitely part of his range along with actual premium hands that beat us. If he shoves I prob snap but raising to 48/109 of his remaining stack looks super-strong to me.

If the numbers mean he's anyway good then I'm check-calling all bets and let him either hang himself or get max value from us.

Comment

Working...
                                X