What is the correct move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the correct move

2nd hand of a a tourney 5,500 freeze out. Blinds 25/50. I have not played the first hand so I have the full 5,500 stack. I am in BB and collect 2 4 spades. Several limpers and I check the option. Flop is A 3 5 (two diamonds). I check player in mid position bets out 200 and button raises to 800. Action on me, Mid-position is TAG decent player. Button is a lunatic. Flat or raise, if raise how much?

shove IMO you have nuts get it in there sharpish, if they want to call off there stack with diamonds so be it, but make them pay for it kid

Comment

It's probably more correct to reraise, but I would probably take a chance and flat it.
      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

was this live/online?
        what buyin?

anyhow it llooks like bttn is looking for action here so just shove imo

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

I donk lead the hell outta that. There are probably plenty of ace rags in villians ranges that will call maybe even raise you.

I re-raise small to hopefully induce a shove and try and get it in on the turn.
          Last edited by peterswellman; 17-05-11, 22:14.

Comment

several limpers? i'd probably lead too. as played raise as two pair, sets and combo draws will all come along and a diamond turn will either kill your hand or your action.

Comment

I raise biggish, like to 2400, call a shove and dodge the half of the deck we don't agree with

Comment

This ^^^^^^^^^^
                Don't fold at any stage from this point on.
                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

r/c ~1800. There's no way you can flat here and let MP overcall behind. Your nut hand is too vulnerable vs this action
                  "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                    It's probably more correct to reraise, but I would probably take a chance and flat it.
                    +1. And check the turn. Live lunatic betting like that will hang himself on the turn. I wouldn't fold to him if a flush card came either - would do to an Ace tho.

Comment

I would shove. I think it makes our hand look weaker than putting in half our stack with a 3bet.

Comment

Working...
                      X