• Show
Clear All

HH $30r 10k gtd itm

Avg 28k. 19 left, 20 paid. 9 players(10 seat tables). 500/1k/100

32k CO limps, 1fold,

Hero is SB with JJ and 42k raises to 4.2k, 1 fold,

CO ships for 32k,

Hero?

The bubble has just burst and I'm only at the table 3 hands and no history with villain at all.

Thoughts on the hand?

I think I call & hope to be against 6-6/10-10

Very possible he's shipping with A-K, A-Q, even A-J or obv Q-Q, K-K, A-A but think I go for it, could be the winning of the tournament flip here

Comment

Snap call. The only possible reason that the CO would limp here is if the Button/BB was prone to shoving and even so, i'd still be raising from the CO because limping there is just terrible.

We're very rarely going to be behind here and i'd never ever turn down this opportunity to get my chips over the line. If this is ipoker, standard payout is the same from 20th-11th so it makes it even more of a snap call because of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
        Snap call. The only possible reason that the CO would limp here is if the Button/BB was prone to shoving and even so, i'd still be raising from the CO because limping there is just terrible.
        Snap call? Seems like a big pot to be snapping off without a read. I raised excpecting a call/fold from villain but had no plan for a move like this. It all probably snappage but I just haven't come across a move like it...

I should have put this in op but forgot. Butt had a 28k stack and BB had 22k but no reads on either of them so don't know if they were capable of making a move there or obv if villain was expecting one.

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
        If this is ipoker, standard payout is the same from 20th-11th so it makes it even more of a snap call because of that.
        Ye it's on ipoker. How does the payout make a difference?

Comment

Who's the villain? Cant imagine id be folding just because its from the CO. Its not pretty tho. It could be a fold depending on your image id just be callin because just after the bubble id imagine id have an active image if i had that stack
          Last edited by AKQJ10; 19-04-11, 16:58. Reason: image

Comment

Originally posted by AKQJ10 View Post
            Who's the villain? Cant imagine id be folding just because its from the CO. Its not pretty tho. It could be a fold depending on your image id just be callin because just after the bubble id imagine id have an active image if i had that stack
            Villain was an unknown. I'm only at the table a few hands, can't really have an image.

Comment

I think it's a pretty clear call, his sizing should indicate that he isn't nutted all that often and can potentially have like 88+, AJs+, AQo and possibly lower pairs and some random shit he decided to do this with.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                Snap call? Seems like a big pot to be snapping off without a read. I raised excpecting a call/fold from villain but had no plan for a move like this. It all probably snappage but I just haven't come across a move like it...

I should have put this in op but forgot. Butt had a 28k stack and BB had 22k but no reads on either of them so don't know if they were capable of making a move there or obv if villain was expecting one.

If we had AQ/99 i'd probably think about it because i think that both of those hands are the top of his range. I think JJ is far too strong a hand to fold to this move.

The reason the payouts make a difference is because the bubble has just busted and there's 19 players left. The next 9 players out all get the same money so there's lots people trying to build a stack and very little scared folds and folding up the ladder because it's so far away. I notice that in almost every tournament on ipoker, it's 19th to about 12th where there's more 3bet shoves and people willing to take flips than any other time in the tournament

Comment

Villain was an unknown. I'm only at the table a few hands, can't really have an image.
                  Call then

Comment

Avg 28k. 19 left, 20 paid. 9 players(10 seat tables). 500/1k/100

32k CO limps, 1fold,

Hero is SB with JJ and 42k raises to 4.2k, 1 fold,

CO ships for 32k,

Hero?

The bubble has just burst and I'm only at the table 3 hands and no history with villain at all.

Thoughts on the hand?
                    C/O limp jambs = monster, in my experience.
                    He limp traps with his monster because he doesn't want to loose everyone.
                    You raise, he shoves for value.

Comment

I snap too. I'd also have decided what I was doing to a shove before or as I raised.

On top of what flushdraw said.
                      Our equity is directly related to payouts. Flat payouts mean surviving is worth less and our stacks ICM doesn't change much by picking up smaller pots and avoiding all-in spots.

Basically, busting now is worth the same as folding and going out in 13th. So its best to play for the big stack and go for the win

Originally posted by DaKlowen View Post
                      C/O limp jambs = monster, in my experience.
                      He limp traps with his monster because he doesn't want to loose everyone.
                      You raise, he shoves for value.
                      I'm not saying he never has QQ+ (which is all we care about). But playing QQ+ like that is terrible. I think that more often its a intermediate palyer trying to look like a monster rather than a beginner with a monster.

Comment

Thanks for the comments lads.

Result n stuff:
                        SPOILER
                        I slowly called(will snap in future) and just wanted to see if it was the right play. I figured he would be in a spot where he thinks he can tid pf a lot so could be shoving wide, just needed to make sure I was on the right line I guess. While I was thinking about calling, I thought 'could he have AA?' and dismissed it pretty quickly because I figured if he was slowplaying it when he limped, it was a good spot to continue slow. But low and behold villain shows up with AA which had me fairly baffled. I binked the J so this is not a bad beat btw. Does the bolded bit make sense for a reason to take AA out of his range?

What would people be making it here pf btw?

Comment

It's one of those spots were assuming someone plays optimally or even well leads to mistakes.
                          He shouldn't limp AA here
                          He defo shouldn't crai with AA here.
                          Limping to continue slow is ok if he has a strong reason to.

So these are all reasons why it is less likely that he has AA, but donkeys gonna donk and it's still a part of hi range (with a lower weighting)

Comment

Working...
                          X