Weird Spot in Daily Forty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird Spot in Daily Forty

Poker Stars $10+$1 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t1000/t2000 Blinds + t250 - 9 players - View hand 1283873
    DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: t151774 M = 28.91
    SB: t88359 M = 16.83
    BB: t6352 M = 1.21
    Hero (UTG): t97947 M = 18.66
    UTG+1: t76481 M = 14.57
    UTG+2: t31095 M = 5.92
    MP1: t50146 M = 9.55
    MP2: t37538 M = 7.15
    CO: t40627 M = 7.74

Pre Flop: (t5250) Hero is UTG with J J
    Hero raises to t4599, 5 folds, BTN calls t4599, SB calls t3599, 1 fold

Flop: (t18047) A 6 A (3 players)
    SB checks, Hero checks, BTN bets t5955, SB calls t5955, Hero ??????

No reads on either villain as I've only just moved. HUD stats are too small a sample size. Against randoms, hwo should we proceed? Should we lead flop? Button is Platnium star but nothing else.

I like a fold as played, if we flat we're folding to most turn bets from either villain which are very likely coming.

I'm not sure about c-betting the flop as we're flatted/raised by sets and a lot of bluffs too.

As weak as it sounds I just c/f 3 handed here.
    http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
    http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

If I was the button with that stack, and I had air I would be taking a stab almost all of the time in that spot. That would lead me to call one or 2 streets but the fact that you have a player behind u and your OOP, its going to rape u a lot of the time.
      I'd be leaning to a fold??

Comment

@ carl morissey

What about c betting for protection, and folding to a raise and check folding on later streets,
        Considering it will be at the bottom of our range and once we check we are always giving up, seems too weak...

Comment

easy fold here i think, you cant flat here..... you cant raise, cause any hand that calls you is beating you, both cant be on hearts... like stated easy fold, now stop putting up threads about weird spots that a monkey could fold in OJ

Comment

Originally posted by sixtwo View Post
            easy fold here i think, you cant flat here..... you cant raise, cause any hand that calls you is beating you, both cant be on hearts... like stated easy fold, now stop putting up threads about weird spots that a monkey could fold in OJ
            But surely the button could be leading alot more than Ax here. It's checked to him and lets assume he's competent he should be betting almost all his range. I folded right away for what it's worth but I think I didn't put enough of thought into it. I'm def not raising, is there is a strong chance we could still have the best hand?

Comment

i think i like a call and re-evaluate on the turn...Button prob has a wide c-betting range here in position deep i'd imagine which means sb can call him lightish(like any pp 77-TT maybe even lowers,+any heart combo) + sb is raising an A a lot of the time here on the flop too so its more heavily weighed towards those. You dont see a lot of great turns here but your hand is still imo to strong to fold to one fairly small c-bet.

Comment

Also I'd def just c-bet that flop

Comment

easy fold and anything else is terrible.
                  'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by JWillo1 View Post
                    @ carl morissey

What about c betting for protection, and folding to a raise and check folding on later streets,
                    Considering it will be at the bottom of our range and once we check we are always giving up, seems too weak...
                    Assuming we do c bet. If we take a standard line it will be c.8000. This means we have almost 13k of our 90k that we started the hand with in the middle, when called we have 14% of our stack in on a turn where we most likely have two outs and the vast majority of the time we gotta c/f to a second barrel that is almost always coming.

I stick with my c/f flop line.
                    http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
                    http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

i would be more worried about the SB on this spot?????

what was outcome or did it go to showdown??

Comment

Originally posted by sixtwo View Post
                        i would be more worried about the SB on this spot?????

what was outcome or did it go to showdown??
                        I won't post outcome just yet, but it did go to showdown.

Comment

well. so what was the showdown? and how did action go on the turn?

Comment

Sorry for delaying was just hoping could get a few different opinions on the hand.

Turn is obviously worst card in the deck with it being a J It goes check/check fwiw. River is a 10. SB checks and villian fires 17999. Sb calls with 99. Villain has 10 10 for rivered house. I guess i'm just being results orientated in my thinking anyway. This is what Chardrian had to say from the training site i'm a member of:

heads up I probably c-bet. 3-handed I am ok either way. A c-bet is fine because we are in a WA/WB situation but it's not like we are really wanting to induce bluffs 3-ways so just firing and taking it down here is fine. A check is fine because since it is 3 ways it is more likely that one of them has an A.

As played, I fold here. I would call if it was the button who bet and the SB folded. It's possible the button is bluffing and the SB has a worse pair then your JJ, but at this point it's just not worth getting in the dick wagging war to find out.
                            Last edited by peterswellman; 19-04-11, 13:24.

Comment

Originally posted by peterswellman View Post
                              Sorry for delaying was just hoping could get a few different opinions on the hand.

Turn is obviously worst card in the deck with it being a J It goes check/check fwiw. River is a 10. SB checks and villian fires 17999. Sb calls with 99. Villain has 10 10 for rivered house. I guess i'm just being results orientated in my thinking anyway. This is what Chardrian had to say from the training site i'm a member of:
                              But am i wrong in thinking you would have the best hand if it came J 10 or am i missing something.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigger View Post
                                But am i wrong in thinking you would have the best hand if it came J 10 or am i missing something.
                                Of course, the J on the turn gives me a house and the 10 on the river gives the button one. Nice double up there then when I already had twice teh average.

That was my point about being results hough I guess, I probably don't put as much thought into the hand if the J doesn't hit.

Comment

yup, just fold

Comment

Originally posted by peterswellman View Post
                                    Of course, the J on the turn gives me a house and the 10 on the river gives the button one. Nice double up there then when I already had twice teh average.

That was my point about being results hough I guess, I probably don't put as much thought into the hand if the J doesn't hit.
                                    My bad i taught you where being result orientated and that u mixed up the turn or river, i would fold on flop but reluctantly.

Comment

Working...
                                    X