Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

44 FO on stars

This is a 44 FO sat to the UKIPT. Villian is unknown

Poker Stars €40+€4 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t50/t100 Blinds - 9 players - View hand 1262629
    DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: t6524 65.24 BBs
    UTG: t3698 36.98 BBs
    UTG+1: t5000 50 BBs
    Hero (UTG+2): t5984 59.84 BBs
    MP1: t5327 53.27 BBs
    MP2: t6191 61.91 BBs
    CO: t4170 41.70 BBs
    BTN: t1504 15.04 BBs
    SB: t6487 64.87 BBs

Pre Flop: (t150) Hero is UTG+2 with T :club: T :spade:
    2 folds, Hero raises to t305, 2 folds, CO raises to t779, 3 folds, Hero calls t474

Flop: (t1708) 2 :spade: 6 :spade: 7 :heart: (2 players)
    Hero bets t683, CO raises to t1366, Hero folds

Final Pot: t3074
    CO wins t3074

What could I of done different? Do I fold or push here? I know it's awful spewy with.

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
    This is a 44 FO sat to the UKIPT. Villian is unknown

Poker Stars €40+€4 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t50/t100 Blinds - 9 players - View hand 1262629
    DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: t6524 65.24 BBs
    UTG: t3698 36.98 BBs
    UTG+1: t5000 50 BBs
    Hero (UTG+2): t5984 59.84 BBs
    MP1: t5327 53.27 BBs
    MP2: t6191 61.91 BBs
    CO: t4170 41.70 BBs
    BTN: t1504 15.04 BBs
    SB: t6487 64.87 BBs

Pre Flop: (t150) Hero is UTG+2 with T :club: T :spade:
    2 folds, Hero raises to t305, 2 folds, CO raises to t779, 3 folds, Hero calls t474

Flop: (t1708) 2 :spade: 6 :spade: 7 :heart: (2 players)
    Hero bets t683, CO raises to t1366, Hero folds

Final Pot: t3074
    CO wins t3074

What could I of done different? Do I fold or push here? I know it's awful spewy with.
    I would have called, but thats just me!
    Her sky-ness
    © 5starpool

Comment

Fold to the 3bet pre.

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
        I would have called, but thats just me!
        I call and hate every spade, J,Q,K and Ace

I think I put him on A x of spades or even an over pair. But that is just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
          Fold to the 3bet pre.
          Was thinking that. But pretty sure I did that a few times already. So thinking his range is wide.

Comment

Was thinking that. But pretty sure I did that a few times already. So thinking his range is wide.
            Then shove pre

Comment

Does anyone think I played it awful. 50+ BB and seeing a flop bad?

Comment

fold tens , no way not in that sat, not a fuckin chance, ,aybe you should have just shoved pre!!!
                Her sky-ness
                © 5starpool

Comment

How had the villian been playing up to this point? Stats or anything?

Comment

fold tens , no way not in that sat, not a fuckin chance, ,aybe you should have just shoved pre!!!
                    Shoving 59BBs pre has to be bad no?

Don't use and HUD so no stats. But has not done anything crazy so thinking maybe hit some of that flop. The Min raise is just so odd.

Comment

Think if you call the three bet pre you have to get it in on that flop. The min reraise when you bet into him seems weak to me.

Comment

Why not in that sat?

Comment

Why not in that sat?
                          fuck it 10s are a good hand pre, im just saying i wouldnt be folding them.

all them sats are mad IMO!!!
                          Her sky-ness
                          © 5starpool

Comment

fuck it 10s are a good hand pre, im just saying i wouldnt be folding them.

all them sats are mad IMO!!!
                            This sat has a 5k starting stack and 15 minute blinds. That is as good a structure as it gets for any sat online.

I'm not disputing that 10s are a strong hand but to a 3bet from an unknown the hand becomes a lot weaker.

You are saying that you wouldn't be folding them, you really should fold if you don't have a read. It is not going to be a profitable play to call here in the long run. We'll hit a set about 1 in 8 times, which is great when we do, but we also want odds of 8/1 to make the call pre flop, here we are getting about 5/2 on the call.

Comment

Reasoning for leading flop?
                              Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                Reasoning for leading flop?
                                Awful c-bet thinking he might call and I could push any non spade/picture card that may come.

With the min raise though it just seemed so fishy to me. I know awful play.

Comment

Have to make a re aise there imo, 10's ar 1 of the most vonerable hands.. u can re evalute what to do after his next action after u raise but u must! Stil prity unlucky tho man.

Comment

I c/c flop and see how he responds on turn, if villain fires a second barrel I just sigh and give up with no reads. If he checks behind you're likely good.
                                    http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
                                    http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

Awful c-bet thinking he might call and I could push any non spade/picture card that may come.

With the min raise though it just seemed so fishy to me. I know awful play.
                                      What do you hope to be called by IF you push? Why are you turning a hand like 10 10 into a bluff? Shouldn't be really c-betting here ever in this spot. I check/call too on this board and hope he slows down so we can maybe get to showdown cheaply. Donking at this flop is pretty bad and I would only do it to induce a raise if I flopped the house or something similiar.

I don't see why the min-raising is so fishy in your eyes. It's generally a raise that displays huge strength online or used to try and highlight strength. I think his bet sizing here means he has an overpair.
                                      Last edited by peterswellman; 05-04-11, 13:22.

Comment

Its not 59bbs, he only has 41.

If it was 59bbs it mightened have been as bad to set mine, coz that is what your doing.

with 41bbs, if you had of raised to 250/275 pre, (why the 305?). His 3bet may have been 600 or less and it would be easier to flat this aswel, not saying its correct its still very marginal.

I only said shove because your saying you had a read on him having a wide range but in general id fold like caf said,, even if he is capable of 3betting light this would be a really advanced spot to go after someone light.

Comment

Calling the 3bet is fine if you're not going to fold on this flop. As above, you are set mining and you're not deep enough to justify it. Also, you seem to have said that villian is unknown but then proceeded to imply you had reads on him. Which is it?
                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                            The min reraise when you bet into him seems weak to me.
                                            Originally posted by peterswellman View Post
                                            I don't see why the min-raising is so fishy in your eyes. It's generally a raise that displays huge strength online or used to try and highlight strength. I think his bet sizing here means he has an overpair.
                                            Not that it's massively important, but on this draw heavy board I'd agree that the min raise seems weak rather than strong. Someone with an over pair would/should be reraising stronger to protect his hand and get more value from draws and underpairs. I imagine villain has 2 over cards more often than an overpair from his min bet.

On the flip side, I would give a lot more respect to a min raise on a dry flop.

Comment

Not that it's massively important, but on this draw heavy board I'd agree that the min raise seems weak rather than strong. Someone with an over pair would/should be reraising stronger to protect his hand and get more value from draws and underpairs. I imagine villain has 2 over cards more often than an overpair from his min bet.

On the flip side, I would give a lot more respect to a min raise on a dry flop.
                                              It's not a board texture that should be connecting with our 3-bet calling range though. We could have AKss or maybe AQss but I don't see what else we'll be flatting that will totally scare the villain. Would we lead a flushdraw into a three bettor here?

There is so many more hands that we can minraise here to maybe induce a shove other than just a flush draw.

EDITED- Would a min-raise here be used to induce a shove? We've been min-raised pre and now again on the flop. To me that's uber strong.
                                              Last edited by peterswellman; 05-04-11, 17:20.

Comment

It's not a board texture that should be connecting with our 3-bet calling range though. We could have AKss or maybe AQss but I don't see what else we'll be flatting that will totally scare the villain. Would we lead a flushdraw into a three bettor here?

There is so many more hands that we can minraise here to maybe induce a shove other than just a flush draw.

EDITED- Would a min-raise here be used to induce a shove? We've been min-raised pre and now again on the flop. To me that's uber strong.
                                                We were not min raised pf fwiw, it's around a 2.5x 3bet.

I think it is a pretty bad play to min raise this flop to induce a shove. What if hero flats the min, 10s comes on the turn and villain is sitting there with AAxx or whatever over pair he might have?

Edit: I never ever ever lead here with 1010 so I can't comment tbh.
                                                Last edited by Caf; 05-04-11, 18:22. Reason: forget that last edit bit, dunno what I even meant but was busy att

Comment

I think it is a pretty bad play to min raise this flop to induce a shove. What if hero flats the min, 10s comes on the turn and villain is sitting there with AAxx or whatever over pair he might have?

Ok fair enough, but does 2.5x and min raise mean that much of a difference, it's practicially a min raise is it not?

I don't think it is. I don't understand why it's pretty bad. We're sure we're ahead(let's assume villian has AA or KK), we want to give our villian as much chance to think he has fold equity as possible. He crams with 10 10 here, we snap our AA and double though. I fail to see how worrying about our villian hitting a two outer with 10 10 makes this play any worse. Do we not want the villain calling with 10 10 vs our AA?

Let's assume villian has put us on a range 88-AA, AK & AQ for flatting the three bet. Maybe QQ and JJ go ahead and four-bet I dunno. It's a fairly dry flop for our pre-flop play. We want the villian to think he has fold equity, let's feign weakness(the whole purpose of small re-raises) and hope he shoves with alot worse.
                                                  Last edited by peterswellman; 05-04-11, 18:58.

Comment

Do we fold 10 10 here pre to this bet out of postion?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                      Calling the 3bet is fine if you're not going to fold on this flop. As above, you are set mining and you're not deep enough to justify it. Also, you seem to have said that villian is unknown but then proceeded to imply you had reads on him. Which is it?
                                                      I said that I have been getting to the flop and folding to raises when im not connecting. Tiny sample size at this point, but that is the only action I think he has on me.

My read on him is nothing. I haven't seen even one showdown yet.

You say calling the 3bet is fine if we are not folding the flop. So do I just jam now and hope to see at best A high flush draw?

Comment

Ok fair enough, but does 2.5x and min raise mean that much of a difference, it's practicially a min raise is it not?

I don't think it is. I don't understand why it's pretty bad. We're sure we're ahead(let's assume villian has AA or KK), we want to give our villian as much chance to think he has fold equity as possible. He crams with 10 10 here, we snap our AA and double though. I fail to see how worrying about our villian hitting a two outer with 10 10 makes this play any worse. Do we not want the villain calling with 10 10 vs our AA?

Let's assume villian has put us on a range 88-AA, AK & AQ for flatting the three bet. Maybe QQ and JJ go ahead and four-bet I dunno. It's a fairly dry flop for our pre-flop play. We want the villian to think he has fold equity, let's feign weakness(the whole purpose of small re-raises) and hope he shoves with alot worse.
                                                        2.5x is a fairly standard 3bet. Here we get 2.6/1 on our call where as if it was a min 3bet we 4.7/1.

I was not making the point about our hand(the 1010) when talking about the 10s coming on the turn. I was talking from villain's perspective where if he has AA/KK and min 3bets and the gets flat called(by an unknown hand) and the 10s comes(the 10s being the worst card in the deck), how do we like our AA/KK then? It was obv going to get confusing talking about both perspectives. Keeping with villain's perspective, against an unknown we can narrow their 3bet calling range but it's not going to be impossible for someone to call a 3bet with a wider range than you have suggested and I see it a lot. I'm saying it's bad because we don't know how our opponent will react to the min reraise. Just like calling with 1010 pf(as our hero did), I think the min rr on flop is a read dependent play because we know nothing about our opponent or how he will react to it.

Do we fold 10 10 here pre to this bet out of postion?
                                                        Ye, this hand should have ended pf. Iirc I was MP2 for this hand and with the crazy horses that were there, I wouldn't have tagged this villain as one fwiw.

Comment

I said that I have been getting to the flop and folding to raises when im not connecting. Tiny sample size at this point, but that is the only action I think he has on me.

My read on him is nothing. I haven't seen even one showdown yet.

You say calling the 3bet is fine if we are not folding the flop. So do I just jam now and hope to see at best A high flush draw?
                                                          I think you're deep enough that calling and evaluating the turn is absolutely fine. He will check back a huge number of turns given that stack sizes will dictate that any reasonable bet basically means getting them in. You get to showdown cheaply a lot in these kind of spots and you still have no reason to believe you have the worst hand.
                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Fold pre

Why on earth did you donk flop? I c/c

If I did donk I instajam over the raise

Comment

Originally posted by Laois Hammer View Post
                                                              Its not 59bbs, he only has 41.
                                                              It took 20 posts for effective stack to be mentioned.
                                                              Really hate you bet on the flop. It wasn't a c-bet, villain was the aggressor pf.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X