X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two IWF Hands

Hand 1

Blinds 100/200
    Villain in JP Kelly PS Pro, Playing super aggro, but has had his fair share of big hands, he's playing ~35k, I've ~17k

He Raises the button to 500, I call from the SB with 66
    Flop KT6 with two clubs - I ck/call his cbet of 700
    Turn in a rag, ck/ck
    River in the worst card in the deck, the 9c - i lead for 1200
    he raises to 5k, I tank, fml, and call

well??

Hand 2

Blinds 400/800 with ante 50 playing 30k, my image would be viewed as tight. Villain is OTB with 23k, he has not done anything wacky, was caught bluffing once afaik

I raise from EP to 2400 with AKo, he calls
    Flop KQ9 all clubs - I ck/call 3600 (I have no club)
    turn is a blank, I ck, he shoves 17k (there's 13.5k in the middle)
    ??

thanks!

Hand 1 is one of those cases where I know I should fold but never actually would in practise

Hand 2 I just fold unless I get a strong read he's bluffing. Your hand is underrepped but still, gl to him if he's bluffing or overplaying something, I'll hopefully get the chips back later. Looks like he's shoving to protect something
    My poker blog - Doking around in cyberspace

Comment

Hand 1: I probably check-raise the flop. If he's as agro as you say he could easily try pushing us off the flop by re-raising again with a FD and gutshot or bare FD. If you're playing it safe and peel off the blank turn I think you have to make a bet on the turn.

As played you have to call the river. By leading out you've made a raise by him the only way he'll win the pot so once you lead you have to call. I'd say the lead on the river is more trying to get value too late as you were pissed off that he didn't fire on the turn.

Hand 2: With your tight image I don't think he can be making a move here. He can be betting hard as your range will have plenty of outs whether he has a set or flopped flush. AcQx is the only hand I can imagine him turning up with that we like. I'd fold.

Comment

Hand 1
        Get more chips in on flop and turn.
        CC river.

Hand 2
        Fold without strong read.
        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

In 1 I would check-raise the flop. I don't like the flat call because there are too many scary turn and river cards that will either complete his draw or kill our action.

In 2 I would definitely cbet the flop and take it from there. I really don't like the check/call on this flop because we end up in this kind of situation too often.
          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Hand 1: i don't mind the check/call on the flop but i would lead the turn to look weak,

as played you prob should fold but i never would, your hand is severly underrepped

Hand 2: wp if you fold, the problem is he could be trying to protect a hand like KQ or JT(no club)
            http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
              Hand 1: I probably check-raise the flop. If he's as agro as you say he could easily try pushing us off the flop by re-raising again with a FD and gutshot or bare FD. .
              Don't think he would tbh. Played with JP quite a bit at this stage and he's aggro in the sense that he plays a lot of small pots and stabs at a lot of them, but I can't remember ever seeing him play a big pot early in a live tourney without a big hand. The real advantage of that style in slow structure deep stack games is not that you win a lot of small pots but that you are more likely to get stack-size action when you have a monster. The key to not making massive errors against that type of player is to distinguish between how they play in small pots from how they play the big ones.

My previous advice was lazy as I was only thinking about the last street. Against JP I might very well donk lead the flop in hand 1 to look really weak. I think that gets me more action if he has air (like most good aggro players he'll autoraise or float a lot of donk leads), and also tells me more about his hand (his calling range is mostly marginal hands, floats and draws).
              My poker blog - Doking around in cyberspace

Comment

Originally posted by bops View Post
                Hand 1

Blinds 100/200
                Villain in JP Kelly PS Pro, Playing super aggro, but has had his fair share of big hands, he's playing ~35k, I've ~17k

He Raises the button to 500, I call from the SB with 66
                Flop KT6 with two clubs - I ck/call his cbet of 700
                Turn in a rag, ck/ck
                River in the worst card in the deck, the 9c - i lead for 1200
                he raises to 5k, I tank, fml, and call

well??

Hand 2

Blinds 400/800 with ante 50 playing 30k, my image would be viewed as tight. Villain is OTB with 23k, he has not done anything wacky, was caught bluffing once afaik

I raise from EP to 2400 with AKo, he calls
                Flop KQ9 all clubs - I ck/call 3600 (I have no club)
                turn is a blank, I ck, he shoves 17k (there's 13.5k in the middle)
                ??

thanks!
                well thats a fcuking joke.

think I'm ck/raising flop in hand 1 & betting turn

Hand 2 I'm probably betting the flop & slowing up from there on

Comment

1 - Check raise flop most of the time. Interesting he checks back the turn and then raises the scare card on the river. Id think he would be barrelling all his draws on the turn so the river raise looks a bit full of it to me. Id be very tempted to call there.

2 - Id just cbet and go from there.
                  Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                  I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                  None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

In hand 1, am I the only one who likes to lead the flop here. I reckon JP will repop a lead here a bit and it will disguise the strength of our hand.

As played hand 1, I def lead the turn on a scary board. Just gonna flat the river here even though I know I'm beat a hell of a lot.

Hand two is a fold IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by doke View Post
                      Against JP I might very well donk lead the flop in hand 1 to look really weak. I think that gets me more action if he has air (like most good aggro players he'll autoraise or float a lot of donk leads)
                      Originally posted by peterswellman View Post
                      In hand 1, am I the only one who likes to lead the flop here. I reckon JP will repop a lead here a bit and it will disguise the strength of our hand.
                      Mightn't be a bad idea at all, prob gets the light re-raise a hell of a lot more than a check-raise will, if he considers the opponent to be pretty tight.

Comment

Played with JP quite a bit at this stage and he's aggro in the sense that he plays a lot of small pots and stabs at a lot of them, but I can't remember ever seeing him play a big pot early in a live tourney without a big hand.
                        that's spot on, and it's why i saw no value in c/ring the flop - maybe the donk bet is a better line

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin
                        Id think he would be barrelling all his draws on the turn so the river raise looks a bit full of it to me.
                        That was my thinking

My hand was good, he had 88, but I do like his river bet all the same - his play was very impressive and I was glad to be sat on his immediate left

Hand 2 I just fold unless I get a strong read he's bluffing. Your hand is underrepped but still, gl to him if he's bluffing or overplaying something, I'll hopefully get the chips back later. Looks like he's shoving to protect something
                        Hand 2 in a reverso and my exit hand - I had KsJs and was pretty sure he had exactly what he had - he tanked for an age and eventually made a crying call. Maybe it's a bad idea in general to try and get a fold out of AK on K high boards?

Thanks for the replies

Comment

hand 2 as played I think its the wrong villain to try and bluff there

Comment

Hand one:
                            Raise flop, lead turn, call river.
                            FYI, I think the river is a pretty easy call

Hand two, AK should of folded

Originally posted by bops View Post
                            that's spot on, and it's why i saw no value in c/ring the flop - maybe the donk bet is a better line
                            Maybe that's true, but look at the other options,
                            Peel turn and lead - Clear worse and jsut giving him a free card compared to c/r
                            Peel turn and check - If he was goign to shut down to a c/r on the flop, he often shuts down here anyway, and he end up on the river, OOP with no more money in there.

C/R is clear better to all other options.

Comment

Working...
                            X