IWF ME 270BB pot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IWF ME 270BB pot?

All players in this hand have been at the table for the last 4 hours or so, so fairly good reads on them all.

Blinds 150/300 and it's folded to me in the hijack and i raise to 750 with 5d4d playing ~38k
    Button calls playing ~12k. He's pretty bad and has been bet off tons of hands postflop and is at the stage where he is looking for a a double up
    SB calls playing ~20k. Bit of a maniac but prefers to chk/call that bet. His range here is huge but he's not that relevant to the hand
    Denise from the Fitz calls playing ~32k. She's playing WAY too many hands and has shown up with all sorts of garbage in pots so her range is pretty wide.

Flop comes 10x 7d 3d

Checked to me, i bet 1900. Button raises to 4k, Denise makes it 12k

I've no FE equity against either, so at 150/300, do we want to play for an 80k pot or risk going bust? I took an age to make this decision because i don't put Denise on diamonds because i think she much prefers to call the buttons raise rather than putting the extra loots in.

snap fold imo

Comment

Her play has me so confused. She has to have a set or two pair here imo. Maybe the button was playing you and thinking he could get you to fold here because he's tired of getting pushed around.

I think I reluctantly fold while losing they min. Basicially you've only put in 2650 and are not put in a spot to play a monster pot. You're so deep and don't really need to go chasing here. Fold here.
      Last edited by peterswellman; 24-10-10, 23:47.

Comment

I fold too, potentially have 12 outs, but we could be as bad as 1.
        What did you make of buttons raise?

Comment

It's nowhere near a call, you have 5 high. You would be very lucky to be almost flipping

Comment

I get it in here every time, but I'm hopeless so it must be a fold.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
              I fold too, potentially have 12 outs, but we could be as bad as 1.
              What did you make of buttons raise?
              It's funny because i can give him almost any hand that connects with the flop. Maybe not 2 pair, but sets, straight draws, FD and maybe A10. I think it Denise folds, i just snap fold too but it's her stack i was greedily eyeing.

Originally posted by digiman View Post
              It's nowhere near a call, you have 5 high. You would be very lucky to be almost flipping
              Do you find it that cut and dry? I think i'm almost always flipping and wondering it the pot i being sweetening enough that i take the chance?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                Do you find it that cut and dry? I think i'm almost always flipping and wondering it the pot i being sweetening enough that i take the chance?
                Define flipping because if she has any set or two pair you're a 2/1 dog.

You think she could be doing with with 10 x? Sounds awful.

Comment

It's funny because i can give him almost any hand that connects with the flop. Maybe not 2 pair, but sets, straight draws, FD and maybe A10. I think it Denise folds, i just snap fold too but it's her stack i was greedily eyeing.

There are just so many disaster hands for you, like AdTd, 89dd. Then the other guy can have 2 of your outs with the better draw, I just wouldn't get involved!

Comment

Fold. These don't really seem like the kind of people I like raising 5 high into from the highjack either though.
                    Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by peterswellman View Post
                      Define flipping because if she has any set or two pair you're a 2/1 dog.

You think she could be doing with with 10 x? Sounds awful.
                      Actually didn't think i was that much of a dog tbh, but just ran it through pokerstove

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

17,820 games 0.001 secs 17,820,000 games/sec

Board: Tc 7d 3d
                      Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
                      Hand 0: 37.217% 37.22% 00.00% 6632 0.00 { 5d4d }
                      Hand 1: 62.783% 62.78% 00.00% 11188 0.00 { TT, 77, 33, T7s, T7o }

There are just so many disaster hands for you, like AdTd, 89dd. Then the other guy can have 2 of your outs with the better draw, I just wouldn't get involved!
                      Decided to fold in the end. Denise had 107o and the button had 98o. Would have scooped which really got me thinking. Fold looks right tho based on the responses. Cheers

Comment

LOL at the button getting 40bb's in with an open-ender. Awful.

Comment

I had a similar type of hand come up in a €500 2 day 20k stack 30min blinds with all levels tournament. It is about 4-5 hours in and we have 23k effective stacks, fish opens in MP and I call OTB with A2dd. This fish earlier limped UTG with 11k stack at 150/300, utg1 called, MP made it 600, 3 more callers and the fish shoves, he got called by the button who had 77, fish had Q8s!!! Anyway flop came down Jd6d7c and he just jams 22k into the pot. Do you call? Half the field are gone and its a pretty soft table which I am controlling pretty well so far.

Comment

Looks like a pretty easy fold Tony.
                            Last edited by dannydiamond; 25-10-10, 00:24.
                            We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

I had a similar type of hand come up in a €500 2 day 20k stack 30min blinds with all levels tournament. It is about 4-5 hours in and we have 23k effective stacks, fish opens in MP and I call OTB with A2dd. This fish earlier limped UTG with 11k stack at 150/300, utg1 called, MP made it 600, 3 more callers and the fish shoves, he got called by the button who had 77, fish had Q8s!!! Anyway flop came down Jd6d7c and he just jams 22k into the pot. Do you call? Half the field are gone and its a pretty soft table which I am controlling pretty well so far.
                              Based on the fact that it's a soft table and you were table captain i think i fold. he could probably show up with 89o here tho which would probably just make me LOL!

In my hand, Adam Fallon had a similar stack to me and we were in seats 1 and 6. He had position on the fish, where they were all on my left so i wasn't running over the table or anything. Happier with my fold now than i was yesterday!

Comment

Insta fold
                                Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Very comfortable folding here and wouldn't give it much thought other than a small whinge when the diamond hits and nobody boats up. Calling on the flop is obviously not an option, and you need fold equity to make a shove a good move. You don't have any IMO. just because she turns up with two-pair this time, doesn't mean that her range isn't heavily weighted towards a set.
                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

All players in this hand have been at the table for the last 4 hours or so, so fairly good reads on them all.

Blinds 150/300 and it's folded to me in the hijack and i raise to 750 with 5d4d playing ~38k
                                    Button calls playing ~12k. He's pretty bad and has been bet off tons of hands postflop and is at the stage where he is looking for a a double up
                                    SB calls playing ~20k. Bit of a maniac but prefers to chk/call that bet. His range here is huge but he's not that relevant to the hand
                                    Denise from the Fitz calls playing ~32k. She's playing WAY too many hands and has shown up with all sorts of garbage in pots so her range is pretty wide.

Flop comes 10x 7d 3d

Checked to me, i bet 1900. Button raises to 4k, Denise makes it 12k

I've no FE equity against either, so at 150/300, do we want to play for an 80k pot or risk going bust? I took an age to make this decision because i don't put Denise on diamonds because i think she much prefers to call the buttons raise rather than putting the extra loots in.
                                    Imo I would always check this hand on the flop with 3 other players in the pot. Stops you been bet out of the pot and also give you the option to check raise any weak bets.

With your position your put in now I would always fold because of the reason you are playing with a load of fish so why wud you want to take a flip here and loose your overall advantage of outplaying them for most of the day etc etc.Why give them the edge and increase the luck factor.
                                    Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
                                    My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666

Comment

Fold pre.
                                      Check flop as played.
                                      Snap fold as played.
                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                                      X