AA in IPO SE hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AA in IPO SE hand

400/800 level, playing 15k. Limp from UTG and I am in MP with AA. I make it 2800 (normally I'd make it 1900-2200 depending on what position I was in but bumped it up because of the limper).

Limper has been in a few pots but tends to limp or call small raises, haven't really seen him play a big pot.

Folded back to limper who calls. Flop is 8d9d3d and limper throws one 5k chip in. I don't have the A of diamonds.
    What's my move?

shove

Comment

Puke/Shove

Comment

I know your a nit Gor but come on ALL IN BABY

Comment

shove every time

Comment

Originally posted by bops View Post
            shove
            Hellmuth style.

Comment

Call and fold to a turn bet?
              One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                Puke/Shove
                Shove/Puke IMO
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Yeah shove it in. Weird line to take with 99/88/33 which is all you're worried about. Get it in and pray you hold imo.

Comment

what is limper playing?

Comment

Originally posted by 8611 View Post
                      what is limper playing?
                      18-19k

Comment

meh why am I even asking, ship it in there. he prob has like 10J with one diamond. sometimes he has sets as I think he's more likely to lead them than try and check raise that flop. I don't think he often does this with one pair (maybe 1010) and he never has two pair.

someone do a poker stove on that kind of range but its prob like 60/40. I just get the impression that having fucked in that 5k chip he's calling. and if he hasn't played any pots yet you have to wonder why he's leading 5k in there.

Comment

Originally posted by 8611 View Post
                          meh why am I even asking, ship it in there. he prob has like 10J with one diamond. sometimes he has sets as I think he's more likely to lead them than try and check raise that flop. I don't think he often does this with one pair (maybe 1010) and he never has two pair.

someone do a poker stove on that kind of range but its prob like 60/40. I just get the impression that having fucked in that 5k chip he's calling. and if he hasn't played any pots yet you have to wonder why he's leading 5k in there.
                          That was my read, I just thought what could he be lead/calling that I'm ever in good shape against. Just didn't see him doing it with the bare Ad.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                            That was my read, I just thought what could he be lead/calling that I'm ever in good shape against. Just didn't see him doing it with the bare Ad.
                            yeah but I think as against that most people seem to be of the view that the donk bet is a sign of weakness. like a bad players reasoning here might be 'shit, I shouldn't have called that raise and I'm out of position, oh here we go I've flopped a FD, maybe if I lead a decent amount here I'll take it down and get away with my mistake'. I say that as someone who has regularly thought that when tilting off chips pre!

so if you think he's one of those players ship it in. if you think he's in any way solid you might be in trouble but I still think you beat a decent bit of the solid player's range?

Comment

I lean towards a shove...just about though!
                              I dont think a fold is that bad at all thou, were only 50/50ish v QdJ, Jd10, Kd9, 10d10 type hands, which if hes bad enough is well able to limp call with these in his range!! were totally screwed if he flopped a baby flush or even a set, mite seem a long shot but if he's limping a lot it's possible....

Comment

Ridic easy shove.
                                Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Yeah just shove.
                                  Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

I don't mind a fold or a shove.
                                    He's never folding and you're racing against his range.

Perosonally i fold and try to pick up chips playing small ball poker.

Comment

Nothing to discuss here tbh

Comment

Only 3 combos that beat you lead in general here (Some people might lead small flushes to "protect" their hand?) anyway given effective stacks pre stacking off cant be a mistake here since peoples leading range tends to be full of random hands they're leading for no reason like T9 and other 1 pair stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by GAWA9 View Post
                                          Only 3 combos that beat you lead in general here (Some people might lead small flushes to "protect" their hand?) anyway given effective stacks pre stacking off cant be a mistake here since peoples leading range tends to be full of random hands they're leading for no reason like T9 and other 1 pair stuff.
                                          This is what I was thinking, I think there is enough in his range to believe I have to get it in but it was a puke/shove or as Strewelpeter said a shove/puke moment

He had the JdQd but I didn't think I made a mistake at the time. I think we'd both need to have 25k behind to be able to think of doing something different in that spot.

Comment

Working...
                                          X