Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IPO Hands

Go easy on me - I'm terrible.

Just starting level 2 (50/100). I have around 7.5k, villain covers.

I was late arriving and haven't played a hand the two orbits or so I've been at the table.

Folded to hero in SB. Hero makes it 300 with Ad7d. BB calls.

Flop: 733

Hero bets 450. Villain raises to 1K.

Hero?

Should I have raised more pf also?

played fine so far

I call now. decision time comes on the turn

Comment

Pre is fine I think. Gonna get tricky on the turn so you need to decide now whether to re-raise again and fold to another raise or check-call turn and maybe river. I'd call, check-call the turn and if he bets the river too I'd fold.

Comment

I ended up just folding it.

My thinking was basically I didn't want to 3-bet and end up with a pot of ~3.5-4K leaving myself with only ~5k behind and then having to fold if he 4bets.

Also if he smooth calls and the turn is a blank I wouldn't know what to do.

I didn't want to just call because I knew I'd probably end up having to make another decision on the turn and river and that I couldn't back myself to make the right decisions.

Is a fold here terribad?

Comment

Originally posted by keane2097 View Post
          Is a fold here terribad?
          Nope. You've no info so would need to have some confidence or plan going forward if you 're going to call the flop raise. Without either a fold is fine. You'll prob find out in the next hour by seeing his hands if you were right or wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
            Nope. You've no info so would need to have some confidence or plan going forward if you 're going to call the flop raise. Without either a fold is fine. You'll prob find out in the next hour by seeing his hands if you were right or wrong!
            Would you agree with my thinking that his hand here is either way ahead or way behind mine most of the time, so it essentially becomes a bluff-catching exercise?

That's what it seemed like to me, and I folded lacking the confidence to make the correct decision.

Comment

its not terrible but calling is still better.

His range is 22-99. A2+ and random crap thrown in too. I took TT-JJ out of his range because I think he reraises there a lot pf.

anyway your ahead of a lot of his raising range so I call to see what he does.

Comment

Yep. He's repping a 3 (calling a raise with a 3 in your hand?) or a pair. Pair could be 44-66 or he can even have air and be putting you on AK, AQ etc. Tough spot that'll cost a lot of your stack on the turn - didn't really look at that before. A re-raise to 2,500 may be cheapest option, other than folding, although I hate the raise for information. Early with no info a fold is fine.

Comment

here are 2 hands from early in the IPO that i played and i am wonder if i played them wrong

1st hand
                  blinds: 50/100 i've 11.5k and i have QQ on button

UG: make it 250
                  UG+1: raise 750
                  me: flat

FLOP: 9s8s4d

UG: checks
                  UG+1: checks
                  i make it 1100

UG: folds
                  UG+1: raise to 2600

?????

2nd hand
                  blinds: 100/200 i've 7.5k and i have KdKs on SB

CO+2 : makes it 550
                  i rasie: 1550
                  CO+2: Flats

FLOP: Kc4h3h
                  SB(me): Check
                  CO+2: bets 1650

i think for a while and push
                  CO+2 thinks and folds AK

should i of flat the flop? bet the flop?
                  Last edited by Maddogg; 18-10-10, 14:07.

Comment

can't believe he's folded the second one, you prob wouldn't have gotten another chip off him if you just flatted so I wouldn't worry about it.

Comment

Jaysus folding AK there is dreadful.

OP, call and see a turn. It'll be tough to play but folding top pair on this kind of board bvb is far too weak.

Comment

i'd rather overbet shove the hand in the op than fold. i think.

edit: or if he looks like a young kid make it 2.2k or something. but i wouldn't fold.
                        Last edited by Denny Crane; 18-10-10, 19:38.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                          i'd rather overbet shove the hand in the op than fold. i think.

edit: or if he looks like a young kid make it 2.2k or something. but i wouldn't fold.
                          You think he just has air a lot?

Comment

Keane 2097 I dont like flatting to re assess the turn, as P_L said overbet shove or fold leaning towards shove though.

Maddog Hand 1 his re raise pre would seem to indicate AA/KK usually in this kinda field especially. If you think he has a drawy hand(very unlikely) shove otherwise I'd fold and move on he never has 1010 or JJ enough here to make it profitable.

Hand 2 villain has played it very tight I like betting the flop there.
                            Last edited by Aya14; 18-10-10, 21:54. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                              Keane 2097 I dont like flatting to re assess the turn, as P_L said overbet shove or fold leaing towards shove though.

Maddog Hand 1 he's re raise pre would seem to indicate AA/KK usually in this kinda field especially. If you think he has a drawy hand(very unlikely) shove otherwise I'd fold and move on he never has 1010 or JJ enough here to make it profitable.

Hand 2 villain has played it very tight I like betting the flop there.
                              Aya14 your correct,in hand 1 i put him on AA/KK and i folded and showed hoping to confirm it and he showed KK

hand 2 i regret not betting the flop cos i might of got the re-raise but once i had checked and he bet i should of flat it to push the turn hoping it aint a heart.....

Comment

I think shoving the flop would be mental.
                                Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                  I think shoving the flop would be mental.
                                  I presume you mean we are turning our hand into a bluff?
                                  Essentially you are hoping he calls with worse 7's like 79 or 78 suited etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                    I presume you mean we are turning our hand into a bluff?
                                    Essentially you are hoping he calls with worse 7's like 79 or 78 suited etc.
                                    Which i dont think he ever does.
                                    If he calls you're toast.

His raise does look a bit fos because there is no hand id be raising for value on that flop pretty much but i think id give him credit and fold.

Going to be hard to take any more heat oop and the pot is getting reasonably big.

Id be making a big mental note about the hand alright though and would be keeping a close eye on him from here on in.
                                    Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                    I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                    None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                      Which i dont think he ever does.
                                      If he calls you're toast.

His raise does look a bit fos because there is no hand id be raising for value on that flop pretty much but i think id give him credit and fold.

Going to be hard to take any more heat oop and the pot is getting reasonably big.

Id be making a big mental note about the hand alright though and would be keeping a close eye on him from here on in.
                                      I think with no real in depth knowledge of the villain in question I still prefer the overbet shove. I say this because the standard player i.e two thirds of the field are terrible beyond belief. Therefore I think they will call off with worse 7's or 44,55,66 enough to make it worthwhile. 44/55/66 76,78,79 suited are all realistic possibilities given how the hand played out pre flop.

Comment

i dont think he reps anything and he might call with some low pair that he raised to see where was.

if you're foldimg this think about how often you're calling here

Comment

my exit at the ipo

im really happy with the way i played the week end i won 80% of the hands i played but my exit was very bad imo

blinds are 1200 /2400 and its now 12am
                                          i look down at AdKd
                                          3 people limp so i raise to 10,500

all fold bare one caller

flop is 3cAh7c its cheeked to me so i raise to 15k
                                          he thinks for 5 mins and calls
                                          turn is 8d its cheeked to me again and i make it 15k
                                          he thinks for 5 mins and pushes all in
                                          im down to about 60k and snap call top pair and top kicker
                                          he shows QcJc ??????????
                                          and hits a club on the river
                                          did i play this wrong ????

Comment

No, but raise more pre-flop(13000-15000) with 3 limpers, and bet more on the turn. I'd probably just jam, this guy will call off with any A or draw by the sounds of it.

And you're not 'raising' the flop, you're betting.
                                            Last edited by Moneymaker; 19-10-10, 17:48.

Comment

tbh, I think you did play it wrong, depend on stacks at the table, the pf raise mgiht of been ok, almost 4.5 BBs.
                                              But bet sizing post flop was terrible, he had implied odds to call on the flop,
                                              and you bet 15k into 60k or more on the turn, this is terrible and it was prob +EV for him to flat and see a river (even if you fold all club rivers, which you don't)

You had 90k on the flop, with a pot of c.30k
                                              The obvious bet size is 20k here, as this leaves a pot sized bet on the turn.

Comment

Working...
                                              X