How terrible am I?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How terrible am I?

Can't decide if I like my play here or not. No reads. He's French only had 30 something hands on him. he was 13/6/0 over that with 0 postflop stats. I think he might've 3x'd the only time he opened but I wasn't positive at the time as had too many tables up.

The 2nd guy was pretty bad. Stationy pre was 35/15/2 or something along them lines over 150 or so hands. Was pretty aggressive on flops but didn't seem to barrel much. The hand just before this I had c/r his cbet after 1 caller on a dry board and they both folded. That was the main reason for raising on such a dry board this time.

How bad would folding be at any point? Really wanted to fold every street. Am I just being a huge nit?

Not sure what the converter is doing I was SB not big

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 50 Tournament, 200/400 Blinds 50 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

Hero (BB) (t36,962)
    UTG (t7,531)
    UTG+1 (t10,698)
    MP1 (t20,545)
    MP2 (t17,741)
    MP3 (t41,821)
    CO (t12,640)
    Button (t8,392)

Hero's M: 36.96

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7, 7
    3 folds, MP3 bets t800, CO calls t800, 1 fold, Hero calls t600, 1 fold

Flop: (t3,200) A, 6, 7 (3 players)
    Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO bets t895, Hero raises to t2,200, MP3 raises to t3,505, 1 fold, Hero calls t1,305

Turn: (t11,105) K (2 players)
    Hero checks, MP3 bets t3,600, Hero calls t3,600

River: (t18,305) 5 (2 players)
    Hero checks, MP3 bets t10,400, Hero calls t10,400

Id just jam the turn he loves his hand so in she goes

edit - didnt see stacks. jam river surely?

Comment

I'm never folding here, at any stage, ever. I think your play is fine.

Oh yeah, I'd shove the river also.

Comment

I wouldn't even consider folding flop or turn if ur behind its just a cooler and with no significant action pre or enough stats to go by I'm am stacking off here every time, should be rubbing ur hands flopping a set with an ace high flop, but I'm guessing u were behind to aces, nothing wrong with how u played it and don't think its a fold at any stage
        The smarter you play the luckier you'll be
        MTT Calender 2015

Comment

Why has folding entered your thought process?
          Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by GaryT View Post
            How bad would folding be at any point? Really wanted to fold every street. Am I just being a huge nit?
            Haha. With how you play, if you never fold a set ever regardless of run out you would make money. People just itching to give you stacks.

I'd shove river here happily with your image and be quite happy about it. We beat ALOT on the river that will just sigh call our shove. Sure we're behind to KK, AA and 89 but we can shove value for calls 66, AK, AQ, A6, A7 and some random other fucking shit a moron in .fr can have.

So 3 value hands we lose to too. 5 we beat.
            Last edited by peterswellman; 01-07-13, 21:03.

Comment

Any chance this is a reverso?

Surely villain never 3 bets the flop with a set of aces, if he had KK somehow pay the man. Def shove river tho

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                Why has folding entered your thought process?
                This. Insanity. Esp considering how you are presumably percieved-ie play more hands than your average banana!

Comment

Nope not a reverso. I'm not bad enough to check min 3 bet a flop as pre flop raiser when this deep.

Admittedly I never really came close to folding apart from saying out loud I should fold on flop and turn.

What do people really think a random frenchie is check min 3 betting that flop with as pre flop raiser?

If I remember right his timing was really quick also. I thought it was exactly AA that he plays this way.

I was just curious if I was going crazy wanting to fold a set. Then not actually getting all my chips in on that run out too! Guess I must be turning into a huge nit!

I very briefly considered check shoving that river as a bluff before reminding myself he's probably bad but let's not even go there....

Is there any chance that some people are missing he checked then min 3betflop as pre flop raiser
                  Last edited by GaryT; 01-07-13, 21:24.

Comment

Nope not a reverso. I'm not bad enough to check min 3 bet a flop as pre flop raiser when this deep.

Admittedly I never really came close to folding apart from saying out loud I should fold on flop and turn.

What do people really think a random frenchie is check min 3 betting that flop with as pre flop raiser?

If I remember right his timing was really quick also. I thought it was exactly AA that he plays this way.

I was just curious if I was going crazy wanting to fold a set. Then not actually getting all my chips in on that run out too! Guess I must be turning into a huge nit!

I very briefly considered check shoving that river as a bluff before reminding myself he's probably bad but let's not even go there....

Is there any chance that some people are missing he checked then min 3betflop as pre flop raiser
                    You have played versus french people before?

Comment

Originally posted by peterswellman View Post
                      You have played versus french people before?
                      I think there's a big difference between if he was to make it something big instead of min. If he makes it like 6k this isnt a thread. I think frenchies normally spaz by betting huge. I'm probably over thinking this and he made it min because that only required pressing 1 button.

Comment

I think there's a big difference between if he was to make it something big instead of min. If he makes it like 6k this isnt a thread. I think frenchies normally spaz by betting huge. I'm probably over thinking this and he made it min because that only required pressing 1 button.
                        They do all kinds of weird shit bro. How many times and you c-bet and they snap CIB on you within a second or some other dumb sizing. Like last night some guy flatted by button open with 99 when I was playing 16bb and c/r me on an 8 high flop? Was he trapping? I dunno. he's french.

Literally aload of shit could be going on, he could have misclicked the flop and decided to spaz out a little and try and compound the mistake. He could be raising AJ to figure out what the hell is going on and be really dumb and no realise he should be crushed.

Sure, he could be nutted and he will someone times but I honestly reckon against a random french player we're good here more than we're beat. We as a whole have a completely different concept of value hands than some of these guys. If you're really struggling, i'd need a convincing amount of profit to let think about this guy being smart enough just to ONLY have aces here.

Would he never check raise 66 here? Why just AA?

Comment

the cold min 3bet is pretty sickly imo.

Comment

completely missed the check/min 3/bet on the flop......... it does change things and and looking at the flop betting again he does look very strong especially considering u check raised too.
                            couldn't understand why u wanted to fold but now it makes sense. much tougher spot than i first thought. not an easy fold and without any postflop stats i prob still pay him off
                            The smarter you play the luckier you'll be
                            MTT Calender 2015

Comment

the min 3b on flop does set off alarm bells alright, i'd do the same tho. don't think im jamming river for value

Comment

Play it the same, river is kinda gross but we do beat some combos and french randomness so sigh call. Shoving river would be spewy IMO. Presume he does have the AA he has repped the whole way?

Oh and you're not terrible at all btw
                                They will be like WTF how does he always have the top of his range, and they will be saying that when you show up with like nine's - Jimmy Fricke
                                Nine's are the top of my range - Shaun Deeb

Comment

You can never fold here on any street. You don't have to be right all that often so considering combined possibilities of 66/A7/A6/98s/76s/random-Ax/misclick-3bet it's a really trivial call down at least.

I find it very difficult not to jam river but that card is a pretty bad one to do it on for value since villain may now find a hero fold with some worse 2P type hands, and we've a pretty decent stack anyway so the equity burned busting the times we run into AA probably outweighs the increased equity from an even larger stack the few times we're called by worse.
                                  "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Originally posted by peterswellman View Post
                                    They do all kinds of weird shit bro. How many times and you c-bet and they snap CIB on you within a second or some other dumb sizing. Like last night some guy flatted by button open with 99 when I was playing 16bb and c/r me on an 8 high flop? Was he trapping? I dunno. he's french.

Literally aload of shit could be going on, he could have misclicked the flop and decided to spaz out a little and try and compound the mistake. He could be raising AJ to figure out what the hell is going on and be really dumb and no realise he should be crushed.

Sure, he could be nutted and he will someone times but I honestly reckon against a random french player we're good here more than we're beat. We as a whole have a completely different concept of value hands than some of these guys. If you're really struggling, i'd need a convincing amount of profit to let think about this guy being smart enough just to ONLY have aces here.

Would he never check raise 66 here? Why just AA?
                                    You're way over thinking that guy flatting with 99. He had no idea what size your stack was and how that should matter. He simply saw that he had a good hand. He wanted to see a safe flop. Then thought "I've an overpair!! I raise!"

It seems like you can't remember back when you started playing and were probably bad what you used to think? At least for me I used to know people were cbetting tonnes so I would raise flops a lot. I had no idea what a flop texture was or what should hit his range etc. Just people bet a lot of flops so I raise.

I think a lot fish view having the absolute nuts as different to another effectively nutted hand. Bit like the way when somebody limp raises. It's AA a massive % more than KK.

Originally posted by Daragh999 View Post
                                    Play it the same, river is kinda gross but we do beat some combos and french randomness so sigh call. Shoving river would be spewy IMO. Presume he does have the AA he has repped the whole way?

Oh and you're not terrible at all btw
                                    Yeah had AA.

Sometimes I did peel a 5 bet OOP with J8s in this tournament...

Comment

Sometimes I did peel a 5 bet OOP with J8s in this tournament...
                                      Was the French player aware of that? Has a bearing I think on the way he played the hand so.

TBH don't think trips can ever be folded unless there are straight and flush combos on the board and three players in the pot. You just have to accept to win or lose big with them.
                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                        Was the French player aware of that? Has a bearing I think on the way he played the hand so.

TBH don't think trips (he has a set - big difference) can ever be folded unless there are straight and flush combos on the board and three players in the pot (ever?). You just have to accept to win or lose big with them.(pretty basic thinking imo)
                                        Fwiw, I would play this hand exactly the same as it was.
                                        Last edited by Dice75; 03-07-13, 15:21.

Comment

Working...
                                        X