trips in the sunday million

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trips in the sunday million

Hi guys, usually just lurk here but trying to improve my game so thought I should post a few hands too.

Utg has been raising alot with wide range and quite aggro too. Villain moved to table maybe ten hands previously and has taken down a couple of pots w/o showdown.

UTG: t20964 M = 34.94
    UTG+1: t8058 M = 13.43
    UTG+2: t9450 M = 15.75
    MP1: t12036 M = 20.06
    MP2: t18337 M = 30.56
    CO: t2993 M = 4.99
    BTN: t9445 M = 15.74
    SB: t16500 M = 27.50
    Hero (BB): t13540 M = 22.57

Pre Flop: (t600) Hero is BB with A of diamonds 9 of hearts
    UTG raises to t505, 3 folds, MP2 calls t505, 3 folds, Hero calls t255

Flop: (t1865) 5 of hearts 9 of clubs 4 of clubs (3 players)
    Hero checks, UTG checks, MP2 bets t1300, Hero calls t1300, UTG folds

Turn: (t4465) 9 of diamonds (2 players)
    Hero checks, MP2 bets t1800, Hero calls t1800

River: (t8065) T of spades (2 players)
    Hero checks, MP2 bets t4250, Hero raises to t9910 all in, MP2 calls t5660

I feel like pre and the flop is fine, I considered shipping on the turn to protect my hand but I thought I was losing a lot of value by doing. At the same time I didn't really want to raise and have half my chips in on a draw heavy board out of position.

I think my river shove is pretty bad. I have been thinking recently that I am slightly too cautious so it may have been influenced by that.

Appreciate any thoughts, will post villains hand in a bit.
    Last edited by NiceandcoolTrig; 30-06-13, 21:17.

I'd fold preflop, personally don't see A9 working well vs two players, one of which is an UTG raiser, even if it's only 1 BB more. On the turn, it's close and I'd mix it up between raising and calling. He looks very strong on the river and I can see why one would argue toward flat calling but in your position I can't see myself not going all in. Unlucky.

Comment

Yeah A9o plays shite this shallow, prob flick it in if it's suited. As played it's good imo, gonna be value betting all his over pairs as well as bluffs etc, shove is fine.

Comment

Thanks for responses. Yes, even though I said I felt pre was fine in my initial post, I would often fold A9 here, I was probably too eager to play with utg raiser.

Anyway villain had TT for rivered full house. I'm still not sure about my river shove. His bet size looks super strong imo and I wasn't really sure what I could beat (that he could call with) except maybe some suited connectors with a 9 or something.

FeetMagic, you mentioned sometimes raising the turn, if you do, what would you be making it?
        Last edited by NiceandcoolTrig; 30-06-13, 22:02.

Comment

~3800 but I prefer flatting the more I look at it.

Comment

Pre is close, prob peeling though in the milly. Flop/turn is fine. Just call river, we dont get value from much by jamming, villain wont often look us up with 2P and only has perhaps 4 combos of K9s/Q9s/J9s/98s vs 9 combos of TT/55/44.
            "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Working...
            X