AK 5 Bet Pot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AK 5 Bet Pot

This hand us quite strange. It feels like I butchered it but not entirely sure what would've been best.

Villan was terrible. He had been generally fairly nitty pre. My hud had frozen so it was stuck on a 20 or so hand sample where he was 10/7/0 He was looser than this during the hands my hud didn't update. He had made 2 4bets already. One of them he made a sub 2x 4bet while OOP around 50bbs deep then bet small flop gave up on blank turn after AKQr. The other he made a big 4 bet IP close to 3x I think then bombed flop for like 3/4 pot and shoved for slightly over pot on 9 high dry board. Neither of these were against me.

Only note I had on him was. Peeled 3bet OOP 35bbs deep with QJo. Then min c/r J72r flop followed by checking A turn.

i've been playing very nutty as there was only 1 good player on the table.

This is the 2nd last table. I've around average. I know I could jam practically every street. Went for a tiny 5bet to hopefully let him just rip something that he was folding to a shove. Same with the flop sizing.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 8.8 Tournament, 3,000/6,000 Blinds 600 Ante (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

BB (t388,005)
    UTG (t362,373)
    UTG+1 (t125,011)
    MP1 (t100,579)
    MP2 (t128,580)
    Hero (CO) (t282,386)
    Button (t355,491)
    SB (t396,744)

Hero's M: 20.46

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, A
    UTG bets t12,000, 3 folds, Hero raises to t25,179, 3 folds, UTG raises to t42,000, Hero raises to t72,019, UTG calls t30,019

Flop: (t157,838) J, K, 4 (2 players)
    UTG bets t12,000, Hero raises to t55,754, UTG calls t43,754

Turn: (t269,346) 2 (2 players)
    UTG checks, Hero checks

River: (t269,346) J (2 players)
    UTG bets t66,000, Hero calls t66,000

Total pot: t401,346
    Last edited by GaryT; 28-05-13, 08:00.

Think it's fine until turn.. after he 4b then b/f AKQr he's got a disproportionate number of mid strength hands in his 4b/c range. Flop sizing might be a little bigger ~75k to charge more but also to jam turn for closer 1/2 pot potentially inducing more turn calls. in any case jam turn for sure, all worse pair +FD will call, he's by no means nutted but we're stacking off regardless with top top vs this guy. River is fine as played, obv jamming if checked to
    "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Never thought about folding. Was just curious about flop sizing and turn. Flop I went tiny because I thought he would bet like this to find where he was etc as he was pretty bad. Then turn sorta sucks to shove as I thought he would fold Jx where he might randomly bet it on the river because he was pretty bad.

When I check turn I'm planning to jam every river but Jx Qx Tx or a D. Don't think there was a single river I fold on.

Cheers man!

Ended up winning against KQ but felt I played the hand bad.

Comment

Worrying about villain folding worse ott is of much less value than protecting our equity given how large the pot is combined with the significant number of river cards we lose the pot or lose value on. Allowing villain peel and beat us with an spr < 1 is a consummate disaster to which missed value from worse ott pales in comparison.
        "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Working...
        X