• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Student masters hands

Two student masters hands

1st hand

150-300

Stack sizes dont really matter here i think.

EP raises to 600 and i call in the sb with 1010 and bb calls.

Flop is 7 J K rainbow and checked around.

Turn is 5 again checked around.

River is 3 and checked to original raiser who bets around pot.

I should mention original raiser is Johan Meyers. he would have seen me calling 3 bets from a button raiser who I had a lot of history with some of which he may not have seen. i called his 3 bets very light and was ahead.

Call or fold?

2nd hand

Not long at the table I raise 1010 utg to 1000 with blinds 200-400.

Sb shoves for a little over 8k.

Call or fold?

I folded but after going through the hand im thinking it was an easy call.
    Pm for rakeback deals

Do you play any hands other then 10s?

First hand is a call imo, he can't really be repping much but expect to see him turning up with a pair smaller then 10s here a good bit I think.

Second hand depends on how deep you are I think, i think it's closer then you think though

Comment

Stack size would be handy for Q2.

Q1. Call on river. I'd prob bet turn tho.
      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Im just TGlynns alt account.
        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post

1st hand

150-300

I should mention original raiser is Johan Meyers. he would have seen me calling 3 bets from a button raiser who I had a lot of history with some of which he may not have seen. i called his 3 bets very light and was ahead.

Call or fold?

2nd hand

Call or fold?

1st hand stacks defo important because as we know Johan is very good and his opening range is quite wide and 1010 plays very well vs it so stack sizes definitely important, can comfortably get <30bbs in vs him and be happy you didnt do much wrong 3/5bet get it in would be fine
          As played I fold, very polarized but general standard is weak so I'm sure he feels he can get called v-light here, he's good enough to be valuing with any Jack, Kinge QQ etc so I fold for a pot bet. Would prefer a b/f river than a c/c

2nd hand unless the guy is a nit then 1010 is a call for me, hand is way too strong

Comment

Originally posted by tglynn View Post
            Do you play any hands other then 10s?

First hand is a call imo, he can't really be repping much but expect to see him turning up with a pair smaller then 10s here a good bit I think.

Second hand depends on how deep you are I think, i think it's closer then you think though
            Im playing 18 k ish. Not sure if it matters an awful lot tho.

A good player like him will never show up with a hand there that has some showdown value i think. He knows that he reps nothing and knows I am capable of calling light and probably figures I may be slight better than the rest of the donkeys there but cant be all that sure. Im pretty sure he consider my sb call to mean a relatively strong hand.

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
            Stack size would be handy for Q2.

Q1. Call on river. I'd prob bet turn tho.
            As above really ha
            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

First hand is a fold. I've played with Johan alot and this is certainly a value bet.

Ya and I call second hand. We do pretty well against random 20bb shoves here. Fold to nits obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                1st hand stacks defo important because as we know Johan is very good and his opening range is quite wide and 1010 plays very well vs it so stack sizes definitely important, can comfortably get <30bbs in vs him and be happy you didnt do much wrong 3/5bet get it in would be fine
                As played I fold, very polarized but general standard is weak so I'm sure he feels he can get called v-light here, he's good enough to be valuing with any Jack, Kinge QQ etc so I fold for a pot bet. Would prefer a b/f river than a c/c

2nd hand unless the guy is a nit then 1010 is a call for me, hand is way too strong
                Agree now regards hand 2.

Hand 1 how can I justify getting into battles with him when there is donkeys everywhere. I had a few spots i could have battled him in but just left the hand go. 3 betting here is cruel bad I think when we consider he will have position in the hand. im not even sure I inflate the pot with a 3 bet from the button vs him.
                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

I've never played with Johan so going by the above it's a fold. Vs randomer this spot's a call for me though, especially in this field

Comment

I've never played with Johan so going by the above it's a fold. Vs randomer this spot's a call for me though, especially in this field
                    I wont argue that point for a moment. Its why I mentioned it was him as it has a huge effect on the hand.
                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

He still bets AQ, AT on the river for value. Would be c-bet QT here? (open ender)

Wouldn't be 3 betting pre.

Why don't you bet turn or river even?
                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

He still bets AQ, AT on the river for value. Would be c-bet QT here? (open ender)

There is no way he value bets AQ or A10 and he would certainly c-bet an open-ender IMO. Like I said though, I've played with him a lot so I have a big advantage over you guys.

Comment

What do I achieve by betting. I can play a Jack like this and they can really only call me with jack. I have the BB to worry about aswell. I mean by betting what am I doing here value betting? Bluffing?
                          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by peterswellman View Post
                            There is no way he value bets AQ or A10 and he would certainly c-bet an open-ender IMO. Like I said though, I've played with him a lot so I have a big advantage over you guys.
                            Does 44- 55 -99 turn up on the river here too?

I have no idea about his general level of activeness tho.

Re:betting turn/River, it's very hard for him to make a play at it, given the board. also, im talking maybe 800 ish bet. if you bet turn and get called by either it's a cheaper option than relying on a 'hope for the best' call on the river for 1800.
                            Again, he sounds to be a decent player, but floating a the turn bet by you would want to be well rehearsed.
                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

1st hand

150-300

Call or fold?

2nd hand

Call or fold?

Stacksizes would help a lot for hand 1. Big difference between effective stacks being 100bbs and 20 here I'd say

Hand 1 is a fold for me. I'd presume he has showdown value when he checks back twice. I've heard he's a sicko so presuming he's really laggy generally very aggressive. He would nearly always have some sort of showdown value here. While also value betting thin.

Any history of either you or bb calling off any river bets lightly? Do you think he would try value bet worse like 88 or 99? Although I doubt he pots it with either of them. So yeah just fold.

Hand 2 snap

Comment

Im playing 18 k ish. Not sure if it matters an awful lot tho.

A good player like him will never show up with a hand there that has some showdown value i think. He knows that he reps nothing and knows I am capable of calling light and probably figures I may be slight better than the rest of the donkeys there but cant be all that sure. Im pretty sure he consider my sb call to mean a relatively strong hand.
                                Were you planning to check call turn when you check? I think I much prefer leading turn.

Hand 2 I'd prob call if you consider the player competent
                                Last edited by ghostface; 04-03-13, 21:40.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                  Were you planning to check call turn when you check? I think I much prefer leading turn.

Hand 2 I'd prob call if you consider the player competent
                                  No i think I just play this hand weakly with that board oop. Im folding to a turn bet.

Hand 2 no idea what the player is like im just at the table. Id assume not competent given the tournament.
                                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Hand 1

In real time I prob call and be pissed off caus I know he was vbetting some kind of Jack

Hand 2

Call without thinking too much about it

Comment

Folding 1 looks very much like a value bet with J or slowplayed K. Call 2.

Comment

fold in 1 and call in 2, and I'm very happy with my decisions in both.

Hand 1 looks like Jx, Kx or QQ or maybe even better. Could be a random bluff but not enough times to justify calling. Don't think he's betting 99 or worse to try to get ye to fold Jx (he'd just check with those hands for showdown I'd imagine). And again, betting 99 or worse for value is a little too thin so prob just checking.

Hand 2, ur not too happy but TT is too strong to fold for 20BBs imo. With an 18k stack is actually kind of an awkward spot and I can see the reasoning for folding with that specific stack. You gotta gamble sometime though, and I just can't imagine folding TT to be correct here. There's a lot to be said for waiting for better spots in this tourney, but I just call it off. Against some known rocks u can fold, but against unknown I call.
                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Pretty easy fold in hand 1, would bet turn though. I don't know why everyone expects a capable villain to be bluffing heaps here after checking back two streets on which bluffs with the option of multiple barrels have significantly more chance of success. We'll be shown TP+ here a lot.

Hand 2 is a fairly standard call, we've more than enough equity assuming villain can be wider than JJ+.
                                          "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Originally posted by Winning! View Post
                                            Pretty easy fold in hand 1, would bet turn though. I don't know why everyone expects a capable villain to be bluffing heaps here after checking back two streets on which bluffs with the option of multiple barrels have significantly more chance of success. We'll be shown TP+ here a lot.

Hand 2 is a fairly standard call, we've more than enough equity assuming villain can be wider than JJ+.
                                            What's the value in playing TP+ like this on that board? Surely worried about staight draw getting there?

Comment

What's the value in playing TP+ like this on that board? Surely worried about staight draw getting there?
                                              The value would be getting value from the type of hand that the hero has, I agree that Q10 definitely will be a part of the Hero's range here but it is a very small % of his range, so he will.never be worried about a specific hand in this spot.
                                              The Hero folds to a cbet on this flop so often, he's betting pot sized on the river, it's so rarely a bluff.imo cos he.knows he'll get heroed light in this game!
                                              Last edited by Guest; 06-03-13, 19:53.

Comment

for some reason i took TP as two pair not top, but even with top pair, we should bet turn as villain no?

Comment

for some reason i took TP as two pair not top, but even with top pair, we should bet turn as villain no?
                                                  I can't 100% say because I will agree his line is probably a bit unorthodox, maybe he felt that the hero would lead all rivers as a bluff if checked round twice?
                                                  I think he maybe had a Jx type hand, that he didnt feel comfortable betting flop with cos a board like that will hit alot of hero's range, perhaps felt when hero checked turn that hes never calling a turn bet, so checked back hoping to get value on the river and then bet river hard for max value!
                                                  But that's just a thought on limited info

Comment

Working...
                                                  X