Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short Handed AK

Payouts are steep. $4k, $8k, $12k

NL Texas Hold'em $215 USD Buy-in Trny:76324149 Level:23 Blinds-Antes(4,000/8,000 -800) -
    Table $40,000 Guaranteed Saturday (2898940) Table #6 (Real Money)

Seat 8 is the button
    Total number of players : 3/10
    Seat 1:Hero SB ( 282,524 )
    Seat 5: BB ( 677,800 )
    Seat 8:Villain BTN ( 309,696 )

Trny:76324149 Level:23
    Blinds-Antes(4,000/8,000 -800)
    Hero posts ante [800]
    SB posts ante
    BB posts the ante

** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to Hero [ As Kh ]
    Villain raises [16,000]
    Hero raises [36,600]
    BB folds
    Villain calls [20,600]

** Dealing Flop ** [ 7c, Jd, 9c ]
    Hero bets [32,000]
    Villain calls [32,000]

** Dealing Turn ** [ 9d ]
    Hero checks
    Villain bets [55,120]
    Hero calls [55,120]

** Dealing River ** [ 8c ]
    Hero is all-In [158,004]

thoughts?
    Last edited by Downtown; 20-12-12, 21:37.

I'd be curious what you think you can fold out?? Maybe a KJ or QJ type hand??

My bad didnt see it was check/call thought it was bet call on 2 streets!

Gotta agree with HJ I don't think you can rep a whole lot, check calling and over shoving the river cos I'm sure you would continue with a FD, overpair, and any decent Jack??
    Last edited by Guest; 20-12-12, 21:56.

Comment

Check fold turn, or bet fold, don't really like check call

Comment

What are your reads on villain?

Playing AK oop is probably my biggest leak but fwiw I would give up on turn. Board is ultra wet and smacks him fairly hard.

Comment

Knowing Rory is decent aggro villain in the hand prob floats a tonne in position on the flop. Don't forget it's 3 handed so his 3bet calling range is huge also. The turn doesn't really change all that much only that its a bad barrelling card for us.

I like the river shove if we believe the villain floats (which includes all shitty small pairs) because its very difficult for him to call it off without at least top pair. If we check we lose to all small pairs that check behind and we can't really call any bluff shoves either

Comment

Thanks for replies. Hand is a reverso. I was villain and called river with A10. Didn't snap it off but don't think I was ever folding. Was surprised to see him flip over AK. The player in question is a huge winner and is a top 5 pocket5er so was just wondering about his line. I believe he would of check/called river on a brick. He must of thought the turn was a good card for him, as he is still ahead of all my floats, which he was. Then river shove means he can get hands with showdown to fold.

I do think he knew what he was doing. Which is why I put up the thread.

Comment

the call with AT is a bit marginal?

edit - sorry didnt see you had a straight

Comment

Working...
              X