Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

couple of tourney hands(no tricks this time)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

couple of tourney hands(no tricks this time)

So 2 hands from 15k 30r and 10k 50FO on ipoker last night

Ok so 1st hand blinds 1-2k hero on the CO playin 60k avg is 42k I think
    Villian A 41/17 shoves utg for 8k Villian B 24/22 reshoves from mid position for 28k whats our calling range from the CO just about 32 left 27 paid??

2nd hand 12 remain blinds 1.2-2.4k Villian in this hand seems good 26/22 but tilted after losing a hand to the player now in the CO abusing in the chat box etc
    CO limps for 2.4k who's playin 90kish sb shoves for 70k I'm in the bb whats my calling range, I'm playin 41k avg is 90k??
    I'd like to add co and btn are total whales which may.affect calling range??

Hand 1 AQ+ 99+.

Hand 2. AJs+ 88+ for me.

Something along those lines for me anyway for me.

Comment

Cool appreciate the response, I'll put up the results soon

Comment

Not sure what the stats mean but I'll give it a lash.

1) AQ+, 99+, maybe tighten/widen slightly depending on what those stats mean(so this is actually no help).

2) AT+, 77+

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
          Not sure what the stats mean but I'll give it a lash.

1) AQ+, 99+, maybe tighten/widen slightly depending on what those stats mean(so this is actually no help).

2) AT+, 77+
          Sorry Caf they were just vpip and pfr I dont have my pc handy so.couldn't check steal etc thanks for looking and giving some feedback.

Does your calling range tighten in hand 2 due to ability of both whales situated to your left??

Comment

Surely our calling/shoving range in hand 1 would also depend on the stacks of the button and the blinds? If all 3 covered me, it'd be tighter than if i have all 3 covered. Would also go back to a previous thread about shoving or flatting the 28k to either fold/call to a reshove behind.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
              Sorry Caf they were just vpip and pfr I dont have my pc handy so.couldn't check steal etc thanks for looking and giving some feedback.

Does your calling range tighten in hand 2 due to ability of both whales situated to your left??
              I misread the stacks for H2, shouldn't be posting in the middle of a grind. Back in the next break with worse advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                Surely our calling/shoving range in hand 1 would also depend on the stacks of the button and the blinds? If all 3 covered me, it'd be tighter than if i have all 3 covered. Would also go back to a previous thread about shoving or flatting the 28k to either fold/call to a reshove behind.
                I would consider this if we had more chips but putting in 28k and folding for another 32k seems pretty bad here. We'd be getting 4/1 after a reshove. Even if they show us KK we must still call with Ax given the price.. Any hand I flat here I won't be folding to a jam so therefore I just jam in myself. actually scratch that, any I will probably only be flatting AA and KK here. Rest is getting the pile straight off.

Comment

Originally posted by peterswellman View Post
                  I would consider this if we had more chips but putting in 28k and folding for another 32k seems pretty bad here. We'd be getting 4/1 after a reshove. Even if they show us KK we must still call with Ax given the price.. Any hand I flat here I won't be folding to a jam so therefore I just jam in myself. actually scratch that, any I will probably only be flatting AA and KK here. Rest is getting the pile straight off.
                  Ah yeah, i get that and agree it's bad. Was just saying it really because we don't know the stacks of the guys behind so my range would be based on that too. There's not a lot of fish that get through the field in that 30r aswel so i think it has an affect too

Comment

I'm not 100% sure about the stacks behind but I do remember that no1 was sub 15bbs if that helps

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post

Confusion on my part earlier, but I'd still go with the ranges I posted, probably calling with A9s in the 2nd hand too. I thought the tilted guy was the limper(also thought the stack were different but turns out they weren't, confusing with two hands).

My calling range would widen if I thought someone was on tilt or a donk or w/e. Like he could be shoving ATC so we have to widen our range there. I'm not really sure what you're asking about the whales though tbh. Fold some of our range to wait for a better spot because we have position on these whales?

@Flushdraw: With 30bb there what hands would you fold and why if what stacks were still to act? That Q may not make sense, just trying to work out what would change your decision really.

Originally posted by peterswellman View Post
                      I wouldn't be mad about flatting such a small range. It's going to be a reg fest most of the time in both of those tourneys so you could make them fold some of their calling range by only flatting AA/KK. It's either flat all of our range or shove imo.

Comment

I think any suggestion of flatting isn't a good idea but with a thought! Sorry Caf the hand with the whales, I was thinking should the range tighten because of my edge over the the whales however I think the edge I have is very much minimal cos of my stack size!!

Comment

Def not. It's just a case of over estimating your edge, especially with a short stack. Folding could effectively gift their chips to other regs. Embrace the variance.

Comment

Hand A 10s AK
                            Hand B 10s AK

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys I think AK and 10s is too.tight for hand two but perhaps.given the whales its tighter but I.think that range is too tight but hand 1 yes I think it's spot.on!!

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                                Hand A 10s AK
                                Hand B 10s AK
                                Maybe i'm embracing too much or you're embracing too little. Idk

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                  Maybe i'm embracing too much or you're embracing too little. Idk
                                  Ye I'd agree that I'm too narrow in hand 2 alright.

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                                    Ye I'd agree that I'm too narrow in hand 2 alright.
                                    Def hand 2 but not just it, hand 1 too. If MP open shoves, what's your calling range? IMO there shouldn't be much difference.

Comment

Working...
                                    X