sb v bb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sb v bb

PokerStars Hand #90322277330: Tournament #659010583, $10+$1 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XVIII (500/1000) - 2012/12/05 23:43:42 WET [2012/12/05 18:43:42 ET]
    Table '659010583 60' 9-max Seat #7 is the button
    Seat 1: Servej (25124 in chips)
    Seat 2: aik1800 (23884 in chips)
    Seat 3: Losersky (10791 in chips)
    Seat 4: mark1986h (7116 in chips)
    Seat 6: RubentjePl (21656 in chips)
    Seat 7: aperi321 (43067 in chips)
    Seat 8: 69shuffle69 (48205 in chips)
    Seat 9: jmdevlin (37192 in chips)
    Servej: posts the ante 125
    aik1800: posts the ante 125
    Losersky: posts the ante 125
    mark1986h: posts the ante 125
    RubentjePl: posts the ante 125
    aperi321: posts the ante 125
    69shuffle69: posts the ante 125
    jmdevlin: posts the ante 125
    69shuffle69: posts small blind 500
    jmdevlin: posts big blind 1000
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to jmdevlin [9h 9s]
    Servej: folds
    aik1800: folds
    Losersky: folds
    mark1986h: folds
    RubentjePl: folds
    aperi321: folds
    69shuffle69: raises 1500 to 2500
    jmdevlin: raises 4500 to 7000
    69shuffle69: calls 4500
    *** FLOP *** [2s Ah Tc]
    69shuffle69: checks
    jmdevlin:

any views on what to do here? or b4?

Any reads on villain?
    As played I'd bet fold ~6k. Prefer a smaller 3b pre too against most opponents, something like 5500

Comment

No reads on villian think he was pretty new to table and I was playing a few.

Comment

Bet 7k again and give up if called. Id say. Dry board thats hit your range. If he stays then I'd say your're beat and we're too shallow to try and get him off a weakish ace.
        Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot

Comment

Prefer a peel pre this deep but 3b/c isn't terrible. Either 4567/f flop with a view to triple barrelling, or 6789/f and give up on the turn. Dont make a habit of checking back A-high flops vs regs since it's tough to balance with a range that can call two barrels on turn/river and burns equity
          "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Originally posted by Winning! View Post
            Prefer a peel pre this deep but 3b/c isn't terrible. Either 4567/f flop with a view to triple barrelling, or 6789/f and give up on the turn. Dont make a habit of checking back A-high flops vs regs since it's tough to balance with a range that can call two barrels on turn/river and burns equity
            Why do you prefer a peel pre?

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
              Why do you prefer a peel pre?
              We keep ranges wide and SPR high with an under-repped hand. At the same time it would be close to the bottom of our 3b/gii range this deep and is never in great shape vs a range that villain piles 37BB with pre, even bvb, so would rather the lower variance route unless villain is an absolute monkey who tools out any PP/Ax/etc.

Also the times villain peels our 3b we're in tough spots quite often since overcards will flop a lot, and low SPR narrows our options

Comment

I can't see why you would want to 3bet pre

Comment

Originally posted by Winning! View Post
                  We keep ranges wide and SPR high with an under-repped hand. At the same time it would be close to the bottom of our 3b/gii range this deep and is never in great shape vs a range that villain piles 37BB with pre, even bvb, so would rather the lower variance route unless villain is an absolute monkey who tools out any PP/Ax/etc.

Also the times villain peels our 3b we're in tough spots quite often since overcards will flop a lot, and low SPR narrows our options
                  Thought so, I'd OPR but still prob 3bet/gii, lowest pair I would 3b/gii but we're going to have to have the bottom of our range at some stage. I'd imagine people will stack off a lot lighter than you think.

Obv I'm not saying flatting is bad or anything, merit to both lines though.

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                  I can't see why you would want to 3bet pre
                  Value, in a $11 game.

Comment

I dont know how true that is in an $11 Caf, like I would expect people to peel our 3bets with worse PPs/Ax/Kx(x<=9) way more than they'll ever 4b-commit, and that's the part of their range we hope to see when we gii. They'll also put themselves in stupid spots postflop when we flat, barreling bad run-outs, polarising their ranges or turning their hand face-up with c/c lines, etc. We can make decisions so much easier there, whereas by 3b we face tougher higher risk decisions in bloated pots.

Like the alternative to saying "we have to have to the bottom of our range sometimes, and this is it" is to just tighten our 3b range, then flat and play poker with the rest. Taking a high variance route for maybe a few BB in longterm EV is just wholly unneccessary in such a soft tournament when we can flat and play highly +EV poker owning ppl HU in pos with wide ranges.

Comment

Recently, I find when I 3-bet in spots like this I have people cram on me a whole lot with Ax hands because they always seem to think i'm FOS even this deep. Randoms no matter how bad seem to put alot of value in Ax hands here in this spots when I 3-bet. Sometimes, you could almost get ATC type hands here that are just stuffing on me. Also think when we 3-bet we get all pairs to cram on us.

Games like this are the majority of the ones i've been playing over the last year, albeit majority of the time on .FR. While I previously would 3-bet snap call this here maybe I should look to introduce flatting into my game here at times. I'd go along with Caf here and say though we can def 3-bet/call for value. Such when we're flatted and get boards like this.

Does anyone ever check/back these boards here with 99 and balance it by checking back say A6 type hands aswell here on the flop?

Comment

Working...
                      X