Asking to see mucked hand at showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asking to see mucked hand at showdown

Can anyone show me in roberts rules etc where the rule is for asking to see a mucked hand on the showdown?

Was playng in a card room on sunday and the hand went to the river showdown,

the boards had a pair on it (I beleive Jacks) & and the villian in position announced "2 pair"

This really irks me as I see it as nothing more than angle shooting and this player well knows what she was doing

Anyway hero turns over his hand and show like middle pair with a resigned look about him and villian mucks but just pushed them over the line

They never touched any other cards but were mucked,

Because announcing "2 pair" irks me I asked to see her hand, I wouldnt usually but it was just an angle by this player

anyway, floor end up being called and ruled that NO player has the right to ask to see that hand

I kind of laughed at such a stupid rule (he said it was a house rule) and left it at that,
    but now thinking of it Id rather show the room where the rule is so they can correct their rules

The rule as I understand it and maybe i might be wrong but I remember any player can ask to see any mucked hand on the showdown (provided its retreivable etc) but it remains dead unless the person asking for it to be table is the opponent the the hand becomes live again?

(I was not in the hand but it just really irks me announcing 2 pair on a paired board hoping to get a muck from your opponent)

never mind found the wsop ruling on it

"Any player who has been a legal part of the game can ask to see a called hand, even if the cards have already been mucked. Abuse of this privilege can result in denial by the dealer. When a winning player asks to see a mucked hand, that hand will be considered live, and the winning player can lose their pot. When any other players ask to see a folded hand, the hand will remain dead."

hopefully thgey will see their house rule is wrong and allows collusion

Comment

Originally posted by Donkathon View Post
      Can anyone show me in roberts rules etc where the rule is for asking to see a mucked hand on the showdown?

Was playng in a card room on sunday and the hand went to the river showdown,

the boards had a pair on it (I beleive Jacks) & and the villian in position announced "2 pair"

This really irks me as I see it as nothing more than angle shooting and this player well knows what she was doing

Anyway hero turns over his hand and show like middle pair with a resigned look about him and villian mucks but just pushed them over the line

They never touched any other cards but were mucked,

Because announcing "2 pair" irks me I asked to see her hand, I wouldnt usually but it was just an angle by this player

anyway, floor end up being called and ruled that NO player has the right to ask to see that hand

I kind of laughed at such a stupid rule (he said it was a house rule) and left it at that,
      but now thinking of it Id rather show the room where the rule is so they can correct their rules

The rule as I understand it and maybe i might be wrong but I remember any player can ask to see any mucked hand on the showdown (provided its retreivable etc) but it remains dead unless the person asking for it to be table is the opponent the the hand becomes live again?

(I was not in the hand but it just really irks me announcing 2 pair on a paired board hoping to get a muck from your opponent)
      Announcing 2 pair here is a correct summary of the hand they had. Don't know why it irks you? In no way could it be described as an angle. Pretty poor form from you to request to see a players hand as 'pay-back'. Odd stuff

Comment

Had villain been called or made the call?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
          Announcing 2 pair here is a correct summary of the hand they had. Don't know why it irks you? In no way could it be described as an angle. Pretty poor form from you to request to see a players hand as 'pay-back'. Odd stuff
          This.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
            Had villain been called or made the call?
            Villian had been called, (yes i know it has up to her to table hand first but hero did)

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
              Yeah this. If they announced '1 pair', then it could be seen as angle shooting if you turn over your '2 pair' hand so not sure what your issue with it is? The only slight issue id have is the board was something like 97442 and she announced '2 pair' and you roll over your K9 only to be shown QQ. That would annoy me a bit but i don't see any issue with the hand as played. I'd have been expecting to see his hand though if i asked to see it. Once a hand goes to showdown, both hands should be available to anyone that wishes to see them imo

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                Yeah this. If they announced '1 pair', then it could be seen as angle shooting if you turn over your '2 pair' hand so not sure what your issue with it is? The only slight issue id have is the board was something like 97442 and she announced '2 pair' and you roll over your K9 only to be shown QQ. That would annoy me a bit but i don't see any issue with the hand as played. I'd have been expecting to see his hand though if i asked to see it. Once a hand goes to showdown, both hands should be available to anyone that wishes to see them imo
                yeah a lot of mixed views on 2+2 aswell, its technically correct to announce your hand in the fasion but I've seen it being used as an angle in the hope the opponent makes a mistake at showdown

but either way the rule I was shocked with was the house rules are that NOBODY can ask to see the mucked hand EVER and I just wanted to show the card room it is documented elsewhere with regards requesting to see mucked showdown cards

Comment

Insta ask her for her address, people get unsettled when you do that.

Comment

Really irks me too when players do this. If its your turn to show your hand, then turn over your hand!!! Simple
                    If you're not in, you can't win

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                      Insta ask her for her address, people get unsettled when you do that.
                      In your case thats not exclusive to the poker tables I would imagine

Comment

Originally posted by Donkathon View Post
                        Villian had been called, (yes i know it has up to her to table hand first but hero did)
                        If the "2 pair" irked you, then you should of insisted that she show first. It conceals your hand if you are behind, and avoids this whole situation.

I've no personal problem with "2 pair". I understand where you are coming from, but I don't see any other obvious way to announce here hand without giving away it's strength.
                        I'd associate "1 pair" here with angle shooting a little.

Comment

Working...
                        X