Big decision early in IWF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big decision early in IWF

About 10 hands into the IWF, blinds 25-50 with effective stacks of 20K (villian in BB has maybe 23K having called an early raise with 78 suited, flopping trips and winning a nice pot passively until raising on the river. He's unknown to me, Irish, 30's and not a sole survivor.
    Im in MP with Jd Js and raise to 150, button calls and BB raises to 550, I call as does Button.

Flop is 10d 6d 6h
    He leads for 875, I make it 2100 (button folds), he raises to 3500 and I call?

Turn 2d
    He bets 3900, I call.

River 3s
    Villian raises all in.

I think my line is pretty strong so what do we think of his river bet? Can we now fold having called on the turn?

Well you can definitely fold without a doubt, your line is strong I.agree but makes no.sense unless your 3 betting a 6 but what 6 could u have a6 maybe or unless your 3 betting a flushdraw. Your hand looks quite good on the flop so dont see the point in raising given he hasn't got out of line too often. Considerin he shoves the river I'd definitely fold and possibly even fold a 6 or the nut flush cos I'd be pretty convinced he isn't spazzing off here, the way it's played and the size of his post flop 4 bet I.think it's screaming TT and hes looking for.a call from a.flush on.the river

Comment

I don't see any value in raising the flop, particularly against someone who's only shown to be passive(lolsample size obv.) Apart from FDs there shouldn't be many hands in his range that we're ahead of.

I prob fold to the 3bet on the flop but don't like it.

Folding turn too.

River is the closest street for me. Guess we have to call, does he really ever bloat the pot this big not to shove every river? Calling turn and folding to a river brick doesn't seem great imo but idk.

Btw if our line is strong then villain's must be a lot stronger, or am I missing something there?

Comment

Isn't Villian super polarized here. He's not shown any fear of the flush coming in. He hardly 3 bets the flop and just keeps barreling, and especially, does he jam the river with big pairs? His line looks fos to me.

If I'm calling the turn I'd find it hard to fold river but I probably take the safe way out this early and fold the turn. Also never raising the flop here.

Comment

Why did you raise the flop?
          Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

I was actually the villian in this hand and was spazzing off 400 BB's, I don't like it when others post these in reverse but thought it the best way to find out what I was looking for.
            I'd originally bet the turn with the intention to jam the river but the JJ hand seemed to come close to giving up to my turn bet and I changed tact and only bet 7400 on the end (to look stronger? And also to leave myself with a shot if called). My thoughts after the hand was that I'd run the bluff pretty well & shouldn't have been called but I also am in 2 minds whether I should have jammed as planned.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
              Isn't Villian super polarized here. He's not shown any fear of the flush coming in. He hardly 3 bets the flop and just keeps barreling, and especially, does he jam the river with big pairs? His line looks fos to me.

If I'm calling the turn I'd find it hard to fold river but I probably take the safe way out this early and fold the turn. Also never raising the flop here.
              I'd never have tried run a multi barrell bluff against u Lawlor

Comment

Completely unnecessary in that field.

Comment

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post
                  Completely unnecessary in that field.
                  Yes agreed but sometimes when u have a sickness you find yourself in these situations

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                    I'd never have tried run a multi barrell bluff against u Lawlor
                    So what you have learned here is your line is full of shit and we are all calling you down :-)

Comment

I like the way you posted it but I think the jam would have been better, I think your bet doesnt really look like its for value, if your gonna bluff the river, may as well put him to the test!!

Comment

Working...
                      X