Turn spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn spot

30 odd left in big 33 on stars, I've been active I've 3 been 3 betting a lot, I've 3 bet folded twice in last 2 orbits, so I'm delighted to pick up ahqs otb when a loose cutoff mins playin 40k @ 1k/2k, I 3 bet to 8995 playin 85k. Im obv getting ready to snap a shove but he flats. Flop is horrible 78jhh, he checks I check back. Turn is 2h givin me nut draw and he snap bets half pot? Thoughts on flop and turn plz

would c-bet around 40% of the pot on the flop and fold to a jam, if he flats i prob stick him in on this turn. think its pretty obv that its a fold or a shove on the turn, hate these spots v loose villains who could show up with anything .

Comment

any fold to cbet stat on him? even 0/2 or 2/2 folds would help make my decision on this board,

Comment

Horrible spot, meh on the flop I dont mind checking back, its not a good flop for you and hits his perceived range.
        Dont agree thats its fold or shove.
        You are drawing to the nuts and can be in front loads.
        Given the description I think you time it down and Flat.
        I'd expect there's a good chance of being in front with a river A,Q, a heart and we definitely have showdown value with a blank.

Comment

I do like a flop check myself aswell. Disgustingly wet flop. I personally think we get shoved on a bunch on this flop with any kind of draw or pair considering how active we've been 3-betting.

Turn I just call. Hopefully we bink. I guess if he barrels river we have to fold on a blank right. Smashing the check button if we get checked too. I don't see any benefit towards raising the turn whatsoever and folding seems pretty weak considering our hand could easily be still ahead and we have ace high flush draw.

Comment

I think the 3bet size is too small.
            Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Just shove preflop with 20bbs effective. Looks a lot weaker when u have already 3bet folded twice before. the flop is meh I think checking back is fine as long as we're not giving up too easily. On the turn I prob jam

Comment

Originally posted by JWillo1 View Post
                Just shove preflop with 20bbs effective. Looks a lot weaker when u have already 3bet folded twice before. the flop is meh I think checking back is fine as long as we're not giving up too easily. On the turn I prob jam
                I didnt mention but i think ther was actually 2 covering stacks in the blinds making 3bet shipping 40bigs less appealing, however i would jus jam if stacks behind we're short.

Comment

Oh right, yea so 3bet it is. I prob just get it in ott considering he has some bluffs in his range after we check the flop.
                  What did u do in the end?

Comment

I just b/f flop like ~1/4pot. This flop does smack a poor players calling range fairly hard but having a flop check back range this shallow is just too exploitable since we have zero made hands in it, and will almost always fold to turn/river barrels so we're more or less giving up. It also leaves us in nasty spots like this where we turn equity, yet shoving or calling are both fairly crap cos we cant rep much of anything. Villain isn't going to stack off nearly as often as we need him to on a four-flush board the times we get there so calling isn't great, and shoving is meh too since we rarely trap-check the flop and villain is too shallow to fold pairs. I guess shove > call overall but idk, spot is ghey alright
                    Last edited by Winning!; 27-06-12, 10:40.
                    "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

I shipped turn he called wit aj and I bricked. Wp him!

Comment

raising pre

Question : If I raiase pre flop , I almost always bet the flop unless I bottle it because of the board or if i flop a monster , getting to the Q, if i check the flop dont i hand the initiave to the other player and leave any missed flop working against me ?
                        Liam

Comment

Working...
                        X