QQ facing limp reraise.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QQ facing limp reraise.

This is probably a fairly standard spot but just thought I'd double check.

A hand from a live 125 FO. Its from the Fitz so the standard is shocking obviously.

Blinds 100/200 I've 7500 everybody in the hand covers. I've been very tight folding everytime I've been 3bet and the table were even laughing wondering why I fold when I get raised...

We're on the btn with QQ. CO limps. He's around 60 and has been really really tight. Hj limps behind. We make it 850. BB calls. But I'm not too concerned about him. The original limper then shoves. HJ folds.

Obviously 1st though was snap. But when do live nits ever have anything but AA or KK here?

I know this is a simple pokerstove check but I don't know what range to put him on here..

Did he limp first or overlimp? If he overlimped I'm definitely calling. In fact I'm calling either way, but I have no idea of what his range is. The fact you are raising in LP has to increase the chance he can have a worse hand.

Comment

Originally posted by GaryT View Post
      This is probably a fairly standard spot but just thought I'd double check.

A hand from a live 125 FO. Its from the Fitz so the standard is shocking obviously.

Blinds 100/200 I've 7500 everybody in the hand covers. I've been very tight folding everytime I've been 3bet and the table were even laughing wondering why I fold when I get raised...
      We're on the btn with QQ. CO limps. He's around 60 and has been really really tight. Hj limps behind. We make it 850. BB calls. But I'm not too concerned about him. The original limper then shoves. HJ folds.

Obviously 1st though was snap. But when do live nits ever have anything but AA or KK here?

I know this is a simple pokerstove check but I don't know what range to put him on here..
      Think you need to open up a bit and stop letting people 3 bet you so light. Play back a bit more and you might avoid this situation and get a bit more info.

With your image, snap call. As you have been constantly folding to 3 bets, the 3 bettors range is wide enough here to warrent you getting the rest of your stack in. He shows up here with 99+ and AQ+ a lot here with your image.

Comment

Fistpump snap this off. Might be better to rant about how they're bullying you and its time you made a stand. Then slam your chips in angrily, look him in the eye and say "FUCK YOU".

Think this makes the bb call slightly more often.
        Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by AKDonk View Post
          Think you need to open up a bit and stop letting people 3 bet you so light. Play back a bit more and you might avoid this situation and get a bit more info.

With your image, snap call. As you have been constantly folding to 3 bets, the 3 bettors range is wide enough here to warrent you getting the rest of your stack in. He shows up here with 99+ and AQ+ a lot here with your image.
          I don't agree with any of this, it doesn't even make sense.

What does open up more mean? If you are getting 3 bet a lot then the usual response is to tighten up your opening range, so as to make their 3bets less profitable. If you mean by 4 and 5betting more, then this is a tournament in the Fitz, no-one is going to notice what your ranges are here

I think you misread what he said in the OP, he just was saying how a lot of live players find it very unusual when someone folds to a 3bet.

Lastly him folding a lot to 3bets doesn't really have much to do with this situation, as although it is technically a 3bet, its a limp reraise which has a very different dynamic than normal 3bets.

Comment

He's around 60 and has been really really tight.
            This kind of dude's range is 1010+ and AK and is heavily skewed towards the top of that range. In fact he rarely turns up without aces or kings here. Very occasionally he might spaz out with 77 or something but if he's been playing tight and has a relatively deep stack here its unlikely he's suddenly going to lose his discipline. He isn't the kind of fella to think, ah, this lad folded to 3bets before so I'll shove my KJs and he'll fold. Imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
              I don't agree with any of this, it doesn't even make sense.

What does open up more mean? If you are getting 3 bet a lot then the usual response is to tighten up your opening range, so as to make their 3bets less profitable. If you mean by 4 and 5betting more, then this is a tournament in the Fitz, no-one is going to notice what your ranges are here

I think you misread what he said in the OP, he just was saying how a lot of live players find it very unusual when someone folds to a 3bet.

Lastly him folding a lot to 3bets doesn't really have much to do with this situation, as although it is technically a 3bet, its a limp reraise which has a very different dynamic than normal 3bets.
              Yeah I was just saying that because I folded to 3 bets they were all saying it was weird and I should be more committed apparently. It wasn't like I was making huge folds or anything just fairly standard stuff like, open QJ UTG+2 somebody in MP 3 bets I obviously fold. I think I'd only be 3 bet like 2 or 3 times and folded everytime. It just felt like a lot.

He open limped by the way. I don't really know what's the proper play here. I don't think a 60 year old nit is exploiting me folding to 3 bets all that often by limp re raising but it's just a question of if he does that with worse.

Originally posted by 8611 View Post
              This kind of dude's range is 1010+ and AK and is heavily skewed towards the top of that range. In fact he rarely turns up without aces or kings here. Very occasionally he might spaz out with 77 or something but if he's been playing tight and has a relatively deep stack here its unlikely he's suddenly going to lose his discipline. He isn't the kind of fella to think, ah, this lad folded to 3bets before so I'll shove my KJs and he'll fold. Imo.

This was what I thought. I wouldn't be the best person at making big folds now but I just don't expect old nits to spaz or try to exploit me here. Would you fold here?

Comment

Its quite marginal and I think you need to be sitting at the table to see if the villain as described is the stereotype older rock villain. In particular, if villain actually has any gamble or any game I'm much more likely to call.

If the villain is that rock and the game was deeper structured with more play I could fold relatively easily here, but I'm pretty sure this game turns into a crap shoot pretty quick and whoever wins the most flips / plays the best shortstacked game will make the final table. As such you're prob better off taking that flip early and doubling up, will put you in a much better position to have the bigger stack early on in that context.

And he does occasionally turn up with 1010 JJ and the other QQ, and AK a fair bit. So its prob a call but I don't think a fold is terrible. In maths terms taking an internet analysis against random villains it is, but the dynamic of live donkaments is significantly different.

Comment

Originally posted by 8611 View Post
                  Its quite marginal and I think you need to be sitting at the table to see if the villain as described is the stereotype older rock villain. In particular, if villain actually has any gamble or any game I'm much more likely to call.

If the villain is that rock and the game was deeper structured with more play I could fold relatively easily here, but I'm pretty sure this game turns into a crap shoot pretty quick and whoever wins the most flips / plays the best shortstacked game will make the final table. As such you're prob better off taking that flip early and doubling up, will put you in a much better position to have the bigger stack early on in that context.

And he does occasionally turn up with 1010 JJ and the other QQ, and AK a fair bit. So its prob a call but I don't think a fold is terrible. In maths terms taking an internet analysis against random villains it is, but the dynamic of live donkaments is significantly different.

Yeah I agree with everything you've said mate. I think he has the top of his range here the majority of the time, but it still feels a bit ridiculous folding QQ.

I ended up folding and feeling like an absolute nit.

Comment

I'm not folding here, the fact that we can assign him nothing more than a speculative range is reason enough to get it in. Like there's no point leveling yourself in a fitz 125 game, he could easily have got impatient nitting it up waiting for a hand and now decides to get stubborn with a PP since folding is clearly not an option lol
                    "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

I think you are mixing up CO and HJ. When I first read it I thought the CO shove was out of turn.
                      I call here unless I've a pretty big read on the limp/shove guy

Comment

I was at the table for this. This was a horrifc fold. No disrespect intended. Your description of the villan is a little off tbh, he is not all that tight-certainly not overly so. He defends close to 100% from the blinds and open limps an absolute ton.
                        Like thinking your edge is so big that you can fold QQ just because an oldie limp shoves in a fast structured tourny like this is madness imo.
                        The looney bb had 3 bet you with 42s and the older guy showed down QJs in another 3 bet pot v you. That means the oldies limp shoving range is a lot wider than all the legit holdings.
                        Call the fook.

Comment

Working...
                        X