QQ call or fold??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QQ call or fold??

33$ MTT on Party and wondering if this is a call or fold??

Playing 9kish blinds 150-300 i open btn with QQ and sb calls,
    flop comes 663 rainbow sb checks, i bet 600 sb calls
    turn comes a 10 bringing a flush draw sb checks, i bet 1200 sb calls
    river comes a 2 but flush misses sb checks, i bet 2700 with 4.2kish behind and sb shoves????
    Is it ever a bluff here??
    Player is an unknown with no profit

River check raise all in is never a bluff imo, even less so with the action.

Easy bet fold

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
      River check raise all in is never a bluff imo, even less so with the action.

Easy bet fold
      I prob call here, can have hands with a 10 in them a lot, even JJ,99ish hands. Surely he 3 bets better pre and would value the 6 on the river??

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
        I prob call here, can have hands with a 10 in them a lot, even JJ,99ish hands. Surely he 3 bets better pre and would value the 6 on the river??
        Yeah exactly how I thought about the hand, I thought it would take quite a good player to check raise the river with a 6

Comment

How much did you make it pre? Is there antes?

Comment

Don't agree with this. Imo Richie is right here in this spot. This sort of line is never a bluff or over vaule of a hand like a 10. He prob calls flop with AT here and even then I don't think he check shoves river, it's the only 10 he can have. He can have 64,65,67,68 combo's also he can have 33, TT or even stubborn with 22. Like I dont see jj check shoving a 3 barrel, from his point of view it's going to be hard to get called and still be ahead of a tripple barrel/call range.

Without history I can only see bet/fold river being fine.
            Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
            My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
              How much did you make it pre? Is there antes?
              yeah there was antes i just min raised as usual

Comment

Originally posted by blaaaaaaah View Post
                Don't agree with this. Imo Richie is right here in this spot. This sort of line is never a bluff or over vaule of a hand like a 10. He prob calls flop with AT here and even then I don't think he check shoves river, it's the only 10 he can have. He can have 64,65,67,68 combo's also he can have 33, TT or even stubborn with 22. Like I dont see jj check shoving a 3 barrel, from his point of view it's going to be hard to get called and still be ahead of a tripple barrel/call range.

Yeah i can completely understand both arguments here, I just felt a losing player does not check this river out of fear of losing value, I dont see a call being profitable against a winning player

Comment

Would you not check behind on the river then? Prob losing value tho.

I think a lot depends on the perception of the player being good or not in this spot

Comment

I think a lot depends on the perception of the player being good or not in this spot
                    I dont think check behind on the river is ever an option

Comment

Yeah exactly. No bet/folding is the correct play because alot of the time you will be called down light enough as you are polarised. I throw random figure out there that roughly 85% of the time you will get called or folded to and the rest 15% being raised (even less). So this is what makes bet/folding the right option. Also, we say bet folding but most of the time we bet get called or bet folded to.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                        yeah there was antes i just min raised as usual
                        Why Cbet so small then? Not sure what the antes are but if 50 and 9 handed then you're Cbetting 1/3rd pot. I much prefer around 1/2 pot because we will get floated a lot less and on this type of flop we will cbet 100% of our opening range but we won't often have a hand as strong as QQ so we don't need to be trying to keep villain in the pot. Turn bet could be bigger too imo.

Comment

Why Cbet so small then? Not sure what the antes are but if 50 and 9 handed then you're Cbetting 1/3rd pot. I much prefer around 1/2 pot because we will get floated a lot less and on this type of flop we will cbet 100% of our opening range but we won't often have a hand as strong as QQ so we don't need to be trying to keep villain in the pot. Turn bet could be bigger too imo.
                          This.
                          The bet sizing up to now has made it a spot where many will station it to the river and check shove your full range including lots of air.

I've been the villain here a few times lately and will be check shoving anything that has any showdown value that I've brought this far knowing you should fold JJ+. So I'm inclined to call it off, his line is as FOS as mine
                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I disagree. I rather like his small size c-bet compared with the board texture, obv as long as he bluffs this amount aswell. There's just no need to bet more on a paired board heads up. Turn bet I would bet slightly bigger also yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                              Yeah exactly how I thought about the hand, I thought it would take quite a good player to check raise the river with a 6
                              A good player is never checking the river with a 6

Comment

Originally posted by imidg View Post
                                Why not? The buttons gonna have so much air here checking river makes perfect sense, ESP without initiative in the hand. You think good players are goin to ch call twice then donk a 6 always??

Comment

Originally posted by alanmc101 View Post
                                  Why not? The buttons gonna have so much air here checking river makes perfect sense, ESP without initiative in the hand. You think good players are goin to ch call twice then donk a 6 always??
                                  I just think 3 barrel bluffs dont happen often enough to check a 6,unless you know the player,anyway i would always bet a 6 just think it would be checked back to often,alot of hands worst than QQ will call if you donk bet your 6,not many hands will call c/shove,just my opinion.

Comment

I just think 3 barrel bluffs dont happen often enough to check a 6,unless you know the player,anyway i would always bet a 6 just think it would be checked back to often,alot of hands worst than QQ will call if you donk bet your 6,not many hands will call c/shove,just my opinion.
                                    Yea, I think villain will value own himself with a lot of those hands that call the donk bet, which we can shove over possibly getting crying calls. The 3 barrels will happen here too but you're right prob not a huge amount.

Comment

Do you think 64 65 67 68 are in the sb range facing a button raise,seems more likely he has 33 TT maybe 22 A10 or even 66 A6S

Comment

Do you think 64 65 67 68 are in the sb range facing a button raise,seems more likely he has 33 TT maybe 22 A10 or even 66 A6S
                                        It's obv very player dependant so untill we know villains game we cant rule them out. Obv if he does have the 56etc he's a bad player, on info given he prob is bad anyway imo flatting a button raise from sb. Nearly all your range is a 3bet or fold from sb to button.

Comment

It's obv very player dependant so untill we know villains game we cant rule them out. Obv if he does have the 56etc he's a bad player, on info given he prob is bad anyway imo flatting a button raise from sb. Nearly all your range is a 3bet or fold from sb to button.
                                          I'll 3 bet a lot of my range sb to button but I'll also flat a ton of hands that I'd hate get into a pre flop war with, only when stacks are relatively deep though. I'll even flat aj here when stacks are super deep.

Comment

Originally posted by alanmc101 View Post
                                            I'll 3 bet a lot of my range sb to button but I'll also flat a ton of hands that I'd hate get into a pre flop war with, only when stacks are relatively deep though. I'll even flat aj here when stacks are super deep.
                                            I've had this debate before w/ people. I think most people 3bet hands that they should really be flatting from the sb. Obv stack dependent, but I think people take 3betting every hand they play from the sb too far. Doesnt make sense to me to have 0 calling range.
                                            Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

I hate this type of logic, it's also incorrect. For one thing "good" players will take their opponent and what range they think he has into account, rendering such simplistic analysis redundant.

Comment

Yeah, when you say a good player will never check the river with a six, you actually mean YOU wouldn't check a six.

A big mistake a lot of people make in their thinking is being unable to see that other players play very differently than they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                  Yeah, when you say a good player will never check the river with a six, you actually mean YOU wouldn't check a six.

A big mistake a lot of people make in their thinking is being unable to see that other players play very differently than they do.
                                                  Your dead right, now that i read the post "Never checking a 6 on the river" is abit silly,its very "opponent" "situation" depentant, as are most decisions i make.
                                                  With the tone in your replys, you seem pretty annoyed at my opinions and thats all they are,im sure i make tons of mistakes and butcher loads of hands unlike YOU,but i still luckbox my way to be a winning player on all sites i play on.

Comment

Your dead right, now that i read the post "Never checking a 6 on the river" is abit silly,its very "opponent" "situation" depentant, as are most decisions i make.
                                                    With the tone in your replys, you seem pretty annoyed at my opinions and thats all they are,im sure i make tons of mistakes and butcher loads of hands unlike YOU,but i still luckbox my way to be a winning player on all sites i play on.
                                                    Touchy! He made valid points to be fair, accusatory tone aside

Comment

Im gonna keep making threads they always seem to lead to conflict, im starting to see a trend developing :-)

Comment

Keyboard warriors ftw!

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                                          I've had this debate before w/ people. I think most people 3bet hands that they should really be flatting from the sb. Obv stack dependent, but I think people take 3betting every hand they play from the sb too far. Doesnt make sense to me to have 0 calling range.
                                                          @alanmc also. Yeah if we move from general guideline to specifics on how many bbs effective we are etc, obv changes how we should view/play hands differently.

Good point Tommygunne makes there about 0 calling range. What are the benefits of having a 5% calling range for example, in the long run? Actually, once you even answer that Q i'd have several more to bring up with points too. I'd have discussion about this cause it would be pretty insightful, would prob require new thread tho, so maybe in the near future if someone remembers.

Comment

Shouldn't a sb calling range should generally be dynamic (villain/stacks dependent) rather than some fixed %? A fixed 0% calling range makes very little sense to me, but I guess it was the result of people trying to be as unexploitable as possible in a bad position, and thinking that a capped calling range would give them headaches OOP when villain continually barreled them off their semi-weak range. This simply wont be the case though if the range is constructed and balanced correctly. A decent calling range will just contain hands which flops well and will have villain dominated enough (assuming he's opening BTN a lot) to compensate for our positional disadvantage, mixing in stronger hands from time to time.

At stack depths where we expect BTN to shove or fold to our 3b we should be 3betting a polarised range anyway, so with hands like broadways/pps/semi-strong Ax hands flatting might be preferable, unless villain is just getting it in super-light in which case a ton of these semi-strong hands can just become 3b/c.

The deeper we get though, the tighter our SB play gets, and the more inclined we should be to 3b these semi-strong hands as part of a merged range with which to disguise our strong value range and also combat villain flatting a wider merged range himself. In this way I guess a SB flatting range could tend asymptotically toward 0% as stacks get deeper and deeper
                                                            "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Working...
                                                            X