Btn vs Sb 3bet shoving range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Btn vs Sb 3bet shoving range

Spot from a tourney yesterday can't find the HH but remember the spot, we are itm, 24 players left,

Blinds 700/1400 with an ante

Folded to hero who opens to 2888 from a 56k

Villain is in the sb and 3bets to 8k from about a 60k ish stack

without any reads, what is your shoving range?
    http://drjff.blogspot.com/

88+, AJ+ 100% of the time.

66/77, KJ+ 80%

22-55, QJ 55%

J10 Q9+ <50%

Suited connectors, two-gappers not mentioned above: 20-25%

Comment

In a vacuum I'd 4b/c like TT+,AQ+,AJs+. Might shove some pairs, weaker Axs, suited broadways. Reads are hugely important tho
      "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Any stats on steal and 3 betting as a whole? Player any good? So many players can fuck with you in a spot like this because stacks are awkward enough? How has your stealing been?

Comment

I'm prob not shoving tbh, I make the decision to 1.fold 2. 4bet fold or 3. 4bet call.
          My 4bet calling range will be reasonably wide as well against a competent player, Im probably calling off with 88, AQ(maybe AJ read depending)!!!

Comment

raising from 8k to 56k is insane irrespective of your holding, imo

Comment

Originally posted by DaKlowen View Post
              raising from 8k to 56k is insane irrespective of your holding, imo
              i didn't, the villain did,

my question is what should my 4bet jamming range be against this action

Comment

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post
                i didn't, the villain did
                You've been 3bet to 8k, you are the one considering raising the remainder - this will be a large re-raise. That's what the other poster is saying.

You have nearly 40BB left behind. That's pretty deep at this stage of the tournament, in general. For this reason I think feetmagic's suggested range is too loose.

AJ+ 88+, or something along those lines.

Villian's 3bet/resteal stats tweak the range obviously, should really be included here if known.

Comment

would betting to like 17k and folding not be pretty terrible?

Comment

Yeah, I see what you're saying - 4 bet/folding here is not great and you give him the option to put you to the last decision for your tournament. I think most people will not b 5bet jamming light here, but...

I think I'm only likely to make a small 4 bet like that with monsters hoping he'll hove over.

You don't seem to be considering calling at all?
                    You're not desperately shortstacked by any means, playing a pot in position a definite option. If he was 3b-ing light to resteal, you should be able to take the pot on the flop a good amount of the time.
                    I think this option removes a lot of the guessing game involved in preflop re-raising. Like yo have 40BBs, no need to stick 'em all in on a hope &prayer..

my thought anyway, thanks for poting the hand.

do you have stats on him btw?

Comment

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post
                      would betting to like 17k and folding not be pretty terrible?
                      The size of his raise really means we can't have 4bet folding as an option, certainly can't 4bet/fold against a randomer.
                      In Irish Open at 500/1000 +50 recently Carlos Mortenson (90K) made it 2200 from the Button, I folded SB, BB (55k) made it 6500 and Mortenson shoved, seemed very spazzzy at the time. Yer man snapped with 10s and held vs AK

Comment

@ loopers,

no stats on him, have never used a hud,

i've been at the table for an orbit and he 3bet from the sb once to a similar size vs a cut-off opener,

other than that he flatted a 3x open from UTG +1 from Mid-position with AKs,

J22 flop went c/c , then he min raised a half pot bet on the turn which was a Jack and the river got checked down and he chopped with ace high

if i do call there will like 17k in the middle, obviously depends on my holding, some hands will play better than others,

@ Arazi, yeah shoving can look a lil bit spazzy but i defo prefer it over 4betting something different and calling off

Comment

Working...
                        X