200k gtd tricky spot OOP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

200k gtd tricky spot OOP

Hi guys, Im new to pokerboards so taught id post my first thread regarding a hand which happened in ipoker 200k guaranteed tonight. Any feedback and advice would be greatly appreciated!!! So here goes:

Level 60/120 no antes in play. Have been playing pretty tight, with the ocassional 3-bet by me going uncontested. stack was 10.5k just below average. Villain who appeared to be a competent player, was directly to my right had a stack of 21k and accumulated chips from two weak players in soft spots. In this particular hand he opened the button to 300 when action got around to him. I have not been defending blinds so far so decide to raise to 840 with 97o from the small blind. Big blind folds and villain flats.

Villain has not being flatting 3bets so far but with the button blind dynamik takes a flop in position. His range could be super-wide here. suited connectors, all pairs, broadways, and maybe even AA or KK.

Flop comes: 9 4 2 (rainbow) Pot: 1800

I decide to c-bet for 980 and villain flats. At this stage i put the villain on medium pocket pair or Ax peeling one in position.

Turn comes a Queen Board: 9 4 2 Q Pot: 3760

I fire a second bet of 1200 and the villain tank-raises to 3000. At this stage i feel the villain is polarised and either flopped a set or is raising with air. The Queen is a good card to representbut, but his range does not have many Q's in it as i believe hands like KQ, QJ fold out on the flop. An exception would be AQ peeling one on the flop. AA or KK would be a thin possibility, playing the hand tricky but nearly sure he would have snuck in a small 4th bet pre...The problem here is if i call here i will be commiting to my hand on the turn after putting half my stack in. After thinking about it i called.

River comes a Ten. Board: 9 4 2 Q T Pot: 9760 Remaining stack: 5680

This is one gross spot. I check with the intention of folding to a 2.8kish bet as this is a spot where i knew it was impossible for the villain to be bluffing... However he jams which leaves the possibilty that he has air...

I personally think that his air hands such Ax and hands he could float with like 65, 53 even maybe 78 with the intention of raising a scare card outweighed his nutted range in this case and thats why i timebank-called.

Not sure if i took the correct line in this one.. maybe check-call turn and check-revaluate river???? would love to get the opinions of ye guys on this one...
    Last edited by EPISODE7289; 20-02-12, 07:00.

Just fold pre the stacks are wrong for 3betting light from the blinds, your getting flatted all day long, your both so deep here its an insignificant amount of his stack your really setting yourself up for hardship against anyone.
    No problem 3betting light in position this deep but i think its bad when your getting flatted a high % of the time OOP.

As played its so hard for me to comment as id rarely be in this spot tbh im gonna leave that coz fold pre is the main thing to take from hand imo ..some of the other lads may comment on post flop line.

Comment

I think I see where you went wrong.
      Originally posted by EPISODE7289 View Post
      ...decide to raise to 840 with 97o from the small blind
      Its not a C Bet its a donk bet - If I had ever got that far for whatever reason I'd just stop putting money in the pot and fold at ever available opportunity after that.
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Working...
      X