AK button v blinds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AK button v blinds

This is a hand from the $25 doublestack on ipoker. We've 3 options pre before we even get to the turn so just looking for opinions on the positives/negatives of each one. And then once we get there, is it an auto stick it in on the flop.

14 players left and i'm 1/14 with just 9 getting paid. I've been top 2 in chips for a while and taking down a lot of pots without showdown. Can't remember my exact stats from the game but my overall stats are 17/13 with a steal of 31% and i'm not usually too far off this.

Think villain is 3rd overall in chips and playing 26/14 with a 3bet of 11% over 89 hands. All of his 3bets have come from the SB (3/9) and 2/3 were against a steal. His last one being when the button made it 360, and he repops to 1080 playing 3600 and the button folded.

IPoker No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 600/1200 Blinds (6 handed) - IPoker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB (t14280)
    UTG (t7660)
    MP (t26850.99)
    CO (t25134.24)
    Hero (Button) (t57608.25)
    SB (t35237.89)

Hero's M: 32.00

Preflop: Hero is Button with K, A
    3 folds, Hero bets t2400, SB raises t5400, 1 fold, Hero raises t12000, SB calls t8400

Flop: (t30000) 6, 10, 7 (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets t23040, SB calls t20717.89

-------------------------------------------

Just to clear up the betting above, i make it 2400, he makes it 6000, i make it 14400 and he flats.

The 3 options preflop are -

My 4bet size was trying to induce him to shove and wasn't expecting the flat. Should this send alram bells off?
    Should i just 4bet jam here?
    Any thoughts on flatting his 3bet in position and maybe bet fold the flop if i miss, or just check behind and fold to any further action?

As played, is betting the flop bad because i don't think he's ever calling with worse to make it profitable tbh, and i'm hoping i can make him fold better but it's unlikely he folds an overpair having got that far. He could try a stop n go where i probably fold, but when he checks to me, it does seem like a trap.

If i lose this hand i go from 1/14 to 9/14 and in danger of missing out on the $$ so does that come into your decision on how to play the hand?

As gay as it is I probably check back and hope to improve on the turn. He's not folding an overpair which make up most of his range. You still have plenty of chips so no shame in giving up here.

What's with people flatting 4bets OOP, lots of threads popping up on it. It just seems so horrifically bad to me.

And yeah as Winning said just jam pre. A bit deeper we can 4bet small to induce but too shallow to do it here.
    Last edited by Moneymaker; 13-02-12, 14:18.

Comment

4b/call looks way stronger than jamming here since you are leaving no illusion of FE with stacks and gives AT-AQ a chance to get away. Just jam pre, 30BB deep this is super-standard. Don't do this 4b/c stuff so shallow, just balance your range by shoving or folding in spots like this.

Getting called is gross, villains range is now super-strong and he never has/calls with worse. Probably like JJ+ so check re-eval turn, shoving is not gonna show a profit unless villain is braindead
      "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Originally posted by Moneymaker View Post
        As gay as it is I probably check back and hope to improve on the turn. He's not folding an overpair which make up most of his range. You still have plenty of chips so no shame in giving up here.

What's with people flatting 4bets OOP, lots of threads popping up on it. It just seems so horrifically bad to me.
        The few times i've seen it, it's usually AA (not in this instance btw) and setting up for the trap. When we get to the flop, there's 31k in the middle and he's 21k behind but i don't really think i thought it through enough to see what i'm doing on the flop.

Originally posted by Winning! View Post
        4b/call looks way stronger than jamming here since you are leaving no illusion of FE with stacks and gives AT-AQ a chance to get away. Just jam pre, 30BB deep this is super-standard. Don't do this 4b/c stuff so shallow, just balance your range by shoving or folding in spots like this.

Getting called is gross, villains range is now super-strong and he never has/calls with worse. Probably like JJ+ so check re-eval turn, shoving is not gonna show a profit unless villain is braindead
        If my hand was 57s or J10s, would you ever 4bet small with the intention of folding to a shove knowing that if we're flatted we just pray we hit big enough? Or would you call and see a flop or just muck pre?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
          If my hand was 57s or J10s, would you ever 4bet small with the intention of folding to a shove knowing that if we're flatted we just pray we hit big enough? Or would you call and see a flop or just muck pre?
          You can 4b-shove stuff like suited broadways, and just r/f the lower connectors/gappers unless villain is really terrible postflop and you have a good handle on his 3betting range then maybe we can peel, stacks are quite shallow though so you would need a significant edge/read to warrant it.

4b/c 12k looks really strong, but if I wanted to 4b it would be to ~9k leaving some FE with a polarised range of garbage/nuts. If flatted then flop is usally a pretty standard b/c or b/f since we either have a really strong hand or pure air.
          "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Working...
          X