Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ITM & FT Spots - Thoughts

Hand 1

Into the money, flat enough payouts till FT really & 50 left. €60k up top.

I'm utg +1 playing 16bbs & have let nearly 2 orbits go through me.

Tight player to left, rest capable & have moves.

Blinds both have c25bbs.

9 handed

KJ ????

Hand 2 - Different Tourney

FT - 5 handed in SB.

Blinds 12k/24k/2k

UTG folds. CO (600k) opens to 55k.

Button (1.6m) flats.

Me in SB (310k) with 44 ???

€13k/€9k/€7k/€5,2k/€3.6k
    S1 - 500k
    S2 - 300k

CO has opened & folded once already & button is massive chipleader who likes to see flops.
    Last edited by Dice75; 13-02-12, 11:33.

HAND 1: Presuming its full ring I fold, would shove it from MP2

Hand 2: shovage

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
      HAND 1: Presuming its full ring I fold, would shove it from MP2

Hand 2: shovage
      Elaborate on shovage in Hand 2?

Comment

Hand 1 = fold.

I think in hand 2 i'm folding too. Definitely not calling. If you shove and get it through the OR, the big stack will call you and then you're racing at best.

Folding gives the big stack the opportunity to bust the OR, plus
        you've got the button next.

Comment

I think its standard enough tbh, especially given reads. CO should have a very wide range here and will need a strong hand to get involved with big stack still to act.

Button had wide flatting range and yeah he might decide to gambol given ur squeeze in an obvious spot but u have a genuine hand and are not going to get a better chance to pick up chips. You have 13bbs, there is a decent chance of getting to 20bbs by takin it down pre and you are rarely dominated when called by button.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
            Hand 1 = fold.

I think in hand 2 i'm folding too. Definitely not calling. If you shove and get it through the OR, the big stack will call you and then you're racing at best.

Folding gives the big stack the opportunity to bust the OR, plus
            you've got the button next.
            Hand one would be a fold most of the time given ur stack (only with a very tight image and certain dynamics behind me would i be opening here).

Hand two, fold for sure. If you are playing VV tight and he's opening lots you could consider shoving but I'd rather fold and open shove at your next opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
              Hand one would be a fold most of the time given ur stack (only with a very tight image and certain dynamics behind me would i be opening here).

Hand two, fold for sure. If you are playing VV tight and he's opening lots you could consider shoving but I'd rather fold and open shove at your next opportunity.
              Sorry didnt realise there was a flat call behind the raiser - now I'm 100% folding.

Comment

I'd fold hand 1. I'm presuming this was in the Deepstack so there is quite a few people on the table with massive stacks who will be calling pretty light so don't see it getting through all that often. I wouldn't say you'd be in great shape when called either.

Hand 2 is a tough one. At 1st glance I thought standard shove as it looks a great spot to squeeze. But looking at all the stack sizes I'd say ICM says it is a fold.

Comment

Hand 1 I fold full ring, saw it at the time on the stream and didn't realise you were utg+1. If did play the hand I'd be open shoving.

Hand 2 I fold also and play in position next couple of hands. Can't see the stack ever folding here even if initial raiser fold so flipping at best. With the pay jump there would prefer to shove over 1 raiser or just open shove on button/cutoff. What are the 2 other stacks on the table?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                    Hand 1 I fold full ring, saw it at the time on the stream and didn't realise you were utg+1. If did play the hand I'd be open shoving.

Hand 2 I fold also and play in position next couple of hands. Can't see the stack ever folding here even if initial raiser fold so flipping at best. With the pay jump there would prefer to shove over 1 raiser or just open shove on button/cutoff. What are the 2 other stacks on the table?
                    300k 500k - put your glasses on

Comment

I fold both without much thought.

Comment

I standard fold both hands.

Comment

For hand one see the famous charts that the guys use, its prob a fold with that stack and position.
                          Hand two i shove with another 3-4 bbs but I'm worried about gettin it through the chip leader here with jus 12 bigs.

Comment

Fold both.

Hand 1 - I dump that pretty quick in EP full ring

Hand 2 - Never geting through, so already losing a ton of the value to a shove.

Comment

ye both pretty standard folds tbh. nice run
                              "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Hand 1 - Not my finest moment it has to be said. Decided if first two folded (apologies I was UTG+2) I was gonna 2.5x it as there were 3 players behind who's jam I was prepared to snap off & gamble with & also on the off chance that one of the deeper stacks behind would flat call I could re-evaluate any hit/drawy board that came in my favour. As it happened probably the tightest player directly to my left jammed (he had jammed the previous hand over a min raise so I had taken the odds on him not waking up with a monster again) & when it came back around to me. Should have folded pre & when he pushed but decided looking down at my 13.5bbs to gamble & pray for 1010 or less. He had AKs.

Hand 2 - Still unsure of this one although I'm 70% leaning towards a fold. Big stack who flatted I have strongly on a speculative hand here on button (810s j9s etc) & although he has put in 55k & only has another 280k to call to win 470k I'm still not convinced he will 100% make the call as 3 hand previous he had doubled up Seat 1 and if he thinks I have his holding crushed I think he can find the fold (at worst racing if he calls). This leaves OR who is sitting pretty in a clear 2nd in chips & if he doesnt have my perceived read on Button needs a decent hand to reship for his possible tourney life. As soon as I shipped I knew the button was probably folding but OR didnt take too long in calling with 99.

Comment

Do people think hand 2 is a standard shove wit 14bbs+?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                    Hand 1 - Not my finest moment it has to be said. Decided if first two folded (apologies I was UTG+2) I was gonna 2.5x it as there were 3 players behind who's jam I was prepared to snap off & gamble with & also on the off chance that one of the deeper stacks behind would flat call I could re-evaluate any hit/drawy board that came in my favour. As it happened probably the tightest player directly to my left jammed (he had jammed the previous hand over a min raise so I had taken the odds on him not waking up with a monster again) & when it came back around to me. Should have folded pre & when he pushed but decided looking down at my 13.5bbs to gamble & pray for 1010 or less. He had AKs.
                                    Remember you got fairly flamed for that call on the stream. Fold pre, pick up rockets next hand, double up and the rest is history....

Comment

Originally posted by alanmc101 View Post
                                      Do people think hand 2 is a standard shove wit 14bbs+?
                                      Also what do people make of OR's quick re-shove with 99?

Comment

He has 25BB starting, 99 5 handed and he ain't calling.

A lot depends on table dynamics and what's been happening as well but fairly standard.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                          Also what do people make of OR's quick re-shove with 99?
                                          Standard

Comment

Working...
                                          X