Few Spots from late in MTT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Few Spots from late in MTT

Just wanted to stick this hand up here to get some opinions on it as me an a few friends have different opinions.

(We have the hand history from ipoker that was saved on the laptop but does anyone know any converters for this hand history?)

There is a few different parts of the hand we analysed and there was divided opinion on some of the spots. The hand is taken from deep in an IPoker MTT with 12 players left. So it is 6 handed at the table with blinds at 800/1600 ante 160. UTG playing 49k opens to 3.7k (been at the table for a few rounds and has been opening a lot of pots from every position) UTG+1 playing 60k 3bets to like 13k (has been very aggro in the few orbits so far getting 4 3bets through pre flop uncontested also his bet sizing on all previous occasions had been smaller) Hero is next to act playing 42k and wakes up with AKs thoughts? currently 6/12 with most of the money in the top 4. Hero has been very tight at table having only played one hand of note in the last few orbits.

Anyway the hero 4bets shoves for 42k and gets 4 folds including the original opener. UTG+1 then tanks for brave bit and calls off the 30k with 99 thoughts on this call? and what part of your 3bet range you are folding here?

The reason being after analysing the hand with our friends the the decision was split on both spots. My opinion is that given stack sizes and the stage of the tournament that both spots were standard, however as I said there have been a few that disagree when we talked it over. So I thought i would open it up to the poker guru's to get more thoughts.
    Last edited by burkeyoa; 10-02-12, 02:44.

You can get a ipoker hand convertor from flopturnriver.com

As for the hand.
    The shove with AKs is fine. How exactly was he group split. I imagine some said shove and others said call and see a flop. I don't like that option, not for 30 of out stack. The value from this spot is when they both fold and we add 20k to a 42k stack.

As for the call with 99. I thought glance it was bad at first. Verses say a range of TT+, AK+
    But he only needs 30% (in terms of c.EV), so its probably pretty close. If your range diviates from that, his equity increases, so it could be a +EV call. I don't have stove here so did rough paper calcs and got 30%.

Depending on prizes, ICM might change the above.

Comment

With the 99 I'd either flat the original raise, or if the original raiser was super aggro, raise to 9kish. Would fold to your 4 bet shove.
      With your hand I'd be shoving too, given your descriptions of both.

Comment

I would definitely shove the AK, you have 26bbs so anything else is out of the question imo. You're in a great position with a top hand against a serial opener and serial 3 bettor.

As for the 99, it's marginal. Once he 3bets so big he's going to be priced in to most shoves so I really dont like the 3bet size.

Comment

nothing to see here really.

AK shove was the right move imo,
          small argument for flatting, but flatting leaves the door open for the original raiser to reshove and if utg+1 folds do you shove or fold?

utg+1 calling with 99 would be borderline imo but nothing wrong with it either.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Standard raise, standard 3-bet, standard shove and standard call. Simples!!

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
              As for the 99, it's marginal. Once he 3bets so big he's going to be priced in to most shoves so I really dont like the 3bet size.
              Yeah meant to mention that. 99 just about scrapes the required equity to call, but the fact that he opened so large contributes to the required equity. If he opens a normal amount it's prob a fold.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                Yeah meant to mention that. 99 just about scrapes the required equity to call, but the fact that he opened so large contributes to the required equity. If he opens a normal amount it's prob a fold.
                AK is fine/standard.
                I don't like the 3 bet size at all, prefer about 9200.
                Given the 3 bet size the 99 call is close.

Comment

Working...
                X