Sunday Storm Hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday Storm Hand

This is a hand that happened early in the Sunday Storm there. The villan seems a bit of a donkey who is playing 42/11/0 over 45 hands. What would be your play here?

I was being fairly aggressive playing around 24/22/11 over the 110 hands in the tournament so far.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 11 Tournament, 125/250 Blinds 25 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

Button (t4810)
    BB (t10081)
    UTG (t11666)
    UTG+1 (t6780)
    Hero (MP1) (t6962)
    MP2 (t2480)
    MP3 (t14491)
    CO (t7247)

Hero's M: 12.11

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A, A
    1 fold, Hero bets t500, 4 folds, BB calls t375, 1 fold

Flop: (t1450) 10, 6, 8 (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets t789, BB raises to t2000, Hero calls t1211

Turn: (t5450) 6 (2 players)
    BB bets t7556 (All-In),

On the flop was flatting it bad? I thought if i flatted he might spaz out on the turn. Like I felt the raise there by him was a bit of a spew. Would the turn now be a sigh call expecting a 6? A fold? Or a fist pump shove expecting an over pair to the board or a 10?

Whats with the min raise pre? Hate that play raise properly and ged rid of some weakness. I shove the flop, if he has the set ul gg.
    airport, lol

Comment

call all day while fist pumping like a crack ho earning her next fix
      One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

I would raise bigger pre solely due to the fact there is such a station in the BB, might as well bloat the pot when he's calling anyway.

I hate the idea of folding the river after flatting the turn raise though it's hard to see much of his range that you're beating, some two pair hands or maybe JJ/QQ. I think I fold crazy as it sounds.

Comment

pre is fine by me, im normally set to 2.15. TP is golden here to these guys in the storm, snap calling the turn.

Comment

I always min raise. I don't think it would be good to change raise sizes with different hands as it will give off too many reads to good players. I also think min raises are more profitable compared to 2.5x for me anyway. I open quite a lot of pots and with min raises it's easier to fold to 3 bets and costs you less.

Also when playing against bad players especially live nits in Dublin, the BB doesn't fold very often to min raises when the blinds are small. I've noticed a lot of these players then check fold flop when they miss. Ok sometimes they can hit the flop hard with their crap hands but you want people to be playing bad hands against you OOP.

That's my thinking behind the min raises.

Also back to the hand. I snapped called he had A10o and had just spazzed out. He just seemed after that most of the time in that situation they'll show up with better.

Thanks for the opinions

Comment

bit more pre,bit more on the flop,as played i cant get away considering how underrepped we are and if he is playin a better hand that hard ,on that board,well then ul.

Comment

Played the hand perfect! If your always min raising pre then the hand is spot on.
                Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
                My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666

Comment

Min raising pre is ok as I'm assuming your playing a lot of your steal hands the same so why play your strong hands diffrently that's where guys pick up reads.

Flop is fine so I'm always calling the turn as he basicly did what you wanted him to do he turns up with tptk or tpgk a lot of the time here.

Rarely has a set and it's just a sigh if he's nailed the 6 he could also play hands like Jj and 99 like that a lot here in a kinda stop n go.

Comment

Nh wp. Snap the turn.

Np with min raising pre either. I'd make it a little large from UTG or whatever but other 2x is grand.

Comment

If your min raising all the time then wp. I was gonna say it wouldnt surprise me in a low buy in tourney if he had A10 but assumed when you posted it you were beat
                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                        Whats with the min raise pre? Hate that play raise properly and ged rid of some weakness. I shove the flop, if he has the set ul gg.
                        If your min raising all the time then wp. I was gonna say it wouldnt surprise me in a low buy in tourney if he had A10 but assumed when you posted it you were beat

changed your tune....

raise more pre for me but hey the guys like blaaah are saying your played it fine if your always min raising..soooooo
                        Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Cheers for all the replies.

The only reason I posted the hand was because I realised just after I'd called that I expected him to have me beat and it confused me a bit.

Comment

You played it fine. Good turn card for you really and you gotta call there

Comment

Shoving the flop is fairly bad here. You should flat and let villain continue with his bluffs. By shoving you will get it in bad a lot more often. Flatting the rr and calling down is by far the best play.

Comment

Working...
                              X