Pocket 5s in BB with 8.5bbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pocket 5s in BB with 8.5bbs

Hand from a €40 live fo. 21 runners, 7 left, 3 paid + bubble. 500/1000 level, hero's stack is 8.5k and in the bb (7.5k behind after blind in).

Utg is a passive player with a fairly wide range who limps playing ~25bbs.

Utg+2 has been playing snug as hes been going back and forth between blackjack and the tourney, raises to 3k playing ~30bbs. The button calls playing ~35bbs.

Folds to hero in bb with 55. Action?

I actually tanked for a minute on this decision, not sure what
    the best play was as usually with a short stack play is straightforward.

Fold and shove in next few hands from position

Also, get out of the habit of thinking 3 paid + bubble. Its 3 paid full stop.
    Last edited by ghostface; 03-02-12, 19:47.

Comment

Originally posted by KickerProbz View Post
      Hand from a €40 live fo. 21 runners, 7 left, 3 paid + bubble. 500/1000 level, hero's stack is 8.5k and in the bb (7.5k behind after blind in).

Utg is a passive player with a fairly wide range who limps playing ~25bbs.

Utg+2 has been playing snug as hes been going back and forth between blackjack and the tourney, raises to 3k playing ~30bbs. The button calls playing ~35bbs.

Folds to hero in bb with 55. Action?

I actually tanked for a minute on this decision, not sure what
      the best play was as usually with a short stack play is straightforward.
      Fold your probably getting called in two spots considering both stacks and 5 5 does not play well 3 handed.
      If with 8.5 bbs you can get your chips in first with 55 bang it in.

Comment

Easy fold with 3 people having entered the pot, the chances your crushed are to high. Better off taking your first available shove spot in the next round.
        They will be like WTF how does he always have the top of his range, and they will be saying that when you show up with like nine's - Jimmy Fricke
        Nine's are the top of my range - Shaun Deeb

Comment

it cost me a decent chunk of money to learn this spot was a fold

Comment

Feck it i shove and hope initial raiser isolates with a reshove and u win a race against ak.

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
              Feck it i shove and hope initial raiser isolates with a reshove and u win a race against ak.
              If if's and but's were candy and nuts!

Comment

Originally posted by tglynn View Post
                If if's and but's were candy and nuts!
                Good contribution to a strat thread sir.

Comment

Fold your probably getting called in two spots considering both stacks and 5 5 does not play well 3 handed.
                  If with 8.5 bbs you can get your chips in first with 55 bang it in.
                  Going around in circles a bit there eh

Easy fold

Comment

Originally posted by ferg View Post
                    Going around in circles a bit there eh

Easy fold
                    Gave two different opinions obv small pairs dont play well multi but if he could get it hu getting nearly 7/4 think its okay
                    Last edited by Guest; 03-02-12, 19:36.

Comment

Gave two different opinions eh.
                      but there you only have one hand, one action....so which would you advise the op?

Comment

Gave two different opinions obv small pairs dont play well multi but if he could get it hu getting nearly 7/4 think its okay
                        It's not.

We have no fold equity whatsoever. Shoving 7bb is a live €40 freezeout will get through a hell of alot more than it should. We still have fold equity and with no antes, shoving it in hero with zero fold equity against the ranges of a player 'who has been playing snug' and a flat is never good. Snug player can iso alrite but we are either flipping or drawing to two outs or heaven forbid we get flatted by two because if one player flats the other always will aswell we are basicially set-mining. I can stove you how we look against ranges of two players here and it's never good.

Fold, fold and fold again. Putting it in here is burning money.

Fwiw, i've given them a much wider range than I think they actually would have and it's still a fold. Their ranges are certainly tighter than this imo but this is just for arguments sake.

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

42,657,864,480 games 51.232 secs 832,641,014 games/sec

Board:
                        Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
                        Hand 0: 35.082% 34.00% 01.08% 14503978986 461201739.67 { 22+, A9s+, KTs+, QJs, ATo+, KJo+, QJo }
                        Hand 1: 35.297% 34.21% 01.09% 14593726610 463297923.67 { 22+, ATs+, KJs+, QJs, ATo+, KJo+, QJo }
                        Hand 2: 29.621% 29.27% 00.35% 12487748210 147911010.67 { 5c5s }

---
                        We are always getting called by one player, always and quite possibly two.
                        Last edited by peterswellman; 03-02-12, 19:52.

Comment

Fold, and shove blind anytime it's folded to you in the SB/button and CO

We still have FE but we won't for long. Gotta pick up the blinds at least once before it comes back around so just stick it in regardless of what two cards you have next chance you have. Most live donks calling ranges are far too tight, so exploit that rather then shoving it in here with a small pair and praying.

Comment

Fold. You'll prob get a better spot to get those 8.5 bb's in.

Comment

Originally posted by KickerProbz View Post
                              Hand from a €40 live fo. 21 runners, 7 left, 3 paid + bubble.
                              I've no idea what you mean by the +bubble part?
                              Is the bubble paid? Even money back. If so then it isn't the bubble, its 4 places paid

Comment

Working...
                              X