Quick Line Check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Line Check

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 5 Tournament, 500/1000 Blinds 75 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO (t25702)
    Hero (Button) (t44182)
    SB (t39150)
    BB (t133474)
    UTG (t55212)
    UTG+1 (t44773)
    MP1 (t32925)
    MP2 (t36650)
    MP3 (t38600)

Hero's M: 20.31

Preflop: Hero is Button with J, K
    UTG calls t1000, 5 folds, Hero bets t3000, 2 folds, UTG calls t2000

Flop: (t8175) 9, 6, 6 (2 players)
    UTG checks, Hero bets t4200, UTG calls t4200

Turn: (t16575) 10 (2 players)
    UTG checks, Hero bets t8000, UTG raises to t19999, Hero ??????

Zero reads on villian. This is the €5r on Pokerstars.fr and it's early hand after the add-on break. Field is ridiculously fishy.

Is the turn a check-back?

When I take this line would it ever be a shove, given we have two overs, a gutshot and a flushdraw? Is folding bad?

My thinking on the turn was I picked up more outs. He could be floating OOP? I like firing 2nd barrells when I have big draws just to maybe get rid of smaller pairs etc he could be set mining on pre-flop with and calling one street and reevaluating. The problem was getting raised came as a huge shock. I started the hand 44bb's deep and because i'm so deep should that be a reason to check back the combo draws?

I don't like the second bullet, its a blank for your range, but not his. 87 gets there, Txc pairs up. Giving the guy a lot of credit to be floating you OOP. Limping in UTG suggests he's pretty fishy. He's not folding anything he called the flop with when that card comes off either.

Deeper stacks the 2nd bullet is better but I probably just check and give up on the river unimproved, as gay as that feels. You can still get most of the chips in on the river if you check back the turn and it might look more FOS as he probably expects us to barrel with our fd's.
    Last edited by Moneymaker; 31-01-12, 01:18.

Comment

I'd check back the turn too or shove in that position. Don't like betting that amount and knowing I have to fold if he raises so I'll try avoid it but folding now is the correct play.

Comment

I know some people may agree with double barrelling here but imo i think its a necessary check back. Whilst the 10 on the turn many people would argue is a good card to double barrell obviously as you have picked up a gutter. however this card helps his range more imo and your hand is so strong that you dont want to fold but you have to if you get jammed on. As you dont have a lot of info on the villain you can assume the limp is rather fishy and he could have easily limped with A6. I think the best play is to check back the turn and fold the river unless your hand improves

Comment

I dont think he has the hands you want him to fold enough here after limp calling and check calling to warrant barreling the T .
          Thoughts on only barrelling Q/A turns and bluff catching with J/K turns?

Comment

Originally posted by Laois Hammer View Post
            I dont think he has the hands you want him to fold enough here after limp calling and check calling to warrant barreling the T .
            +1 to all this

Pretty standard turn check with a ton of outs and stacks being a tad awkward for b/calling. There are a lot of river cards we can bomb when we miss anyway, since an unknown will almost always bet the river with boats/trips/straight having seen us give up OTT, so we only ever bluff into a range comprised mostly of weak to mid-strength hands.
            "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Originally posted by Laois Hammer View Post
              He's just not folding near often enough here given tendencies you can pick up on from the first 2 streets alone but I think you should be firing again on any club/J/Q/K/A for the same reason that you check back now and are only light for the turn bet on the nuttiest of barrel cards.

Fold now and def don't jam, what can he ever have here that limp/calls pre, c/c flop and c/r turn? My hat goes off to him if he ever has air here. Calling would be significantly better than jamming imo.

Also, when you do fire again you should be making it a bit bigger to set up a natural sized river jam . As it is, you will be left with 40k effective stacks and a 32.5k pot on the river so better to bet around 11k on the turn imo.

Comment

Originally posted by peterswellman View Post
                PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 5 Tournament, 500/1000 Blinds 75 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO (t25702)
                Hero (Button) (t44182)
                SB (t39150)
                BB (t133474)
                UTG (t55212)
                UTG+1 (t44773)
                MP1 (t32925)
                MP2 (t36650)
                MP3 (t38600)

Hero's M: 20.31

Preflop: Hero is Button with J, K
                UTG calls t1000, 5 folds, Hero bets t3000, 2 folds, UTG calls t2000

Flop: (t8175) 9, 6, 6 (2 players)
                UTG checks, Hero bets t4200, UTG calls t4200

Turn: (t16575) 10 (2 players)
                UTG checks, Hero bets t8000, UTG raises to t19999, Hero ??????

Zero reads on villian. This is the €5r on Pokerstars.fr and it's early hand after the add-on break. Field is ridiculously fishy.

Is the turn a check-back?

When I take this line would it ever be a shove, given we have two overs, a gutshot and a flushdraw? Is folding bad?

My thinking on the turn was I picked up more outs. He could be floating OOP? I like firing 2nd barrells when I have big draws just to maybe get rid of smaller pairs etc he could be set mining on pre-flop with and calling one street and reevaluating. The problem was getting raised came as a huge shock. I started the hand 44bb's deep and because i'm so deep should that be a reason to check back the combo draws?
                these are spots im in everyday but it really comes down to your player is he good does he only raise for vaule or is he a donk would he check raise wit air you would need to no this before you bet the turn if your gonna take that line either way i dont like your bet size there is so many combos he can have in his range 10 7 c 10 9 A6 67 68 69 45c j 10 c 89c89 im not gonna put all the combos but ye no wat i mean so this wear it gets tricky with your bet size if you think he is a good player and only raise s when he thinks he has the best hand and for vaule wat hand is he putting you on that he can check raise the turn to get it in so your either dead to a house or he has one of them combos in his hand so my bet on the turn would be either 3k on the turn or i make it pot by making it 3k on the turn it looks week out of you so he cant really raise for vaule with a hand that has you dead but with a combo hand he could make it 9k wich is only 1k for from wat your raise would be on the turn anyway and if you make it pot your getting really good odds to snap cal a shove i hope i maid my taught process clear in this if not just write back and ill explain more and anyone who doesnt like it let me no two ,,, as im always trying to improve my own game

Comment

We can safely say he isnt a good player with the line hes taken though.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzyfish View Post
                    these are spots im in everyday but it really comes down to your player is he good does he only raise for vaule or is he a donk would he check raise wit air you would need to no this before you bet the turn if your gonna take that line either way i dont like your bet size there is so many combos he can have in his range 10 7 c 10 9 A6 67 68 69 45c j 10 c 89c89 im not gonna put all the combos but ye no wat i mean so this wear it gets tricky with your bet size if you think he is a good player and only raise s when he thinks he has the best hand and for vaule wat hand is he putting you on that he can check raise the turn to get it in so your either dead to a house or he has one of them combos in his hand so my bet on the turn would be either 3k on the turn or i make it pot by making it 3k on the turn it looks week out of you so he cant really raise for vaule with a hand that has you dead but with a combo hand he could make it 9k wich is only 1k for from wat your raise would be on the turn anyway and if you make it pot your getting really good odds to snap cal a shove i hope i maid my taught process clear in this if not just write back and ill explain more and anyone who doesnt like it let me no two ,,, as im always trying to improve my own game
                    I'm hyperventilating in an effort to get oxygen back into my system.

Comment

Working...
                    X