Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raggy Ace Blind v Blind

11 left in the 10k freezeout on ipoker

$55 entry so it's a tough field and every player left in the tournament is a winning player, and all are pretty competent and playing well both pre and post flop. I'm 9/11 with 16bigs. Think it's $199 for next out up to $2500 for the winner.

Villain has been active enough in position and playing 22/19 over 190 hands with a 38% steal and 2 from 3 SB steals when folded to him

I just autoshoved when he raised, as i would have had the CO/Btn raised. I'd thinking maybe it's not a standard ship when i think about it, but just looking for confirmation tbh.

The 5 options below are open to us, so rate them good from bad

Fold
    Call and get funky post flop
    Raise/call
    Raise/fold
    Shove

IPoker No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 2000/4000 Blinds (5 handed) - IPoker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP (t105119.19)
    Button (t44550)
    SB (t171633)
    Hero (BB) (t69952)
    UTG (t265408.62)

Hero's M: 11.66

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, 4
    3 folds, SB bets t6000, Hero raises t65552, SB calls t61552

Flop: (t139104) 5, 2, 10 (2 players)

Turn: (t139104) 7 (2 players)

River: (t139104) Q (2 players)

Total pot: t139104

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
    11 left in the 10k freezeout on ipoker

$55 entry so it's a tough field and every player left in the tournament is a winning player, and all are pretty competent and playing well both pre and post flop. I'm 9/11 with 16bigs. Think it's $199 for next out up to $2500 for the winner.

Villain has been active enough in position and playing 22/19 over 190 hands with a 38% steal and 2 from 3 SB steals when folded to him

I just autoshoved when he raised, as i would have had the CO/Btn raised. I'd thinking maybe it's not a standard ship when i think about it, but just looking for confirmation tbh.

Fold 3
    Call and get funky post flop 4
    Raise/call 2
    Raise/fold 5
    Shove 1

IPoker No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 2000/4000 Blinds (5 handed) - IPoker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP (t105119.19)
    Button (t44550)
    SB (t171633)
    Hero (BB) (t69952)
    UTG (t265408.62)

Hero's M: 11.66

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, 4
    3 folds, SB bets t6000, Hero raises t65552, SB calls t61552

Flop: (t139104) 5, 2, 10 (2 players)

Turn: (t139104) 7 (2 players)

River: (t139104) Q (2 players)

Total pot: t139104
    Rated from 1 to 5 imo, one been the best option.

Comment

The previous times he has opened here has he shoved or min opened? Was your stack <20bb for those two times?

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
        The previous times he has opened here has he shoved or min opened? Was your stack <20bb for those two times?
        First one was an effective 9bb shove, and when he folded it was an 30bb fold

IPoker No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 700/1400 Blinds (8 handed) - IPoker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG+1 (t37858.75)
        MP1 (t19226)
        MP2 (t12006)
        CO (t86443.26)
        Button (t22665.50)
        SB (t42989)
        Hero (BB) (t12447)
        UTG (t96198.94)

Hero's M: 5.93

Preflop: Hero is BB with 10, 6
        6 folds, SB bets t42149, 1 fold

Total pot: t2800

Results:
        SB didn't show

----------------------------------------------------------------------

IPoker No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 1000/2000 Blinds (7 handed) - IPoker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP1 (t54859.75)
        MP2 (t36902.35)
        CO (t34422.26)
        Button (t63721)
        SB (t64370.50)
        Hero (BB) (t61504.30)
        UTG (t59799.38)

Hero's M: 20.50

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2, J
        6 folds

Total pot: t2000

Results:
        Hero had 2, J.

Comment

I'd always shove there with any ace/pair/KJ+

Comment

Fold 2
            Call and get funky post flop .5mirrion
            Raise/call 3
            Raise/fold 1mirrion
            Shove 1
            FYP, never raise/folding or getting funky post flop, both are v bad imo. Not mad about raise/calling with such a weak hand(I 3b shove all of my range though, where as some people 3b/call all of there range, each to their own I guess), and also doubt I'd ever find a fold but it is a shove or fold spot only imo.

The other thing to consider is that since he shoved on a 9bb stack he should be shoving on a 16bb stack. If I'm villain I'm snapping your shove because I min there to induce a lot more than to steal, just saying is all.

All in all it is close but I doubt I'd find a fold BvB without a decent read on villain's betting pattern.

Comment

If hes a good player alarm bells go off for me here he should be shoving all his High cards, suited connectors, small pairs etc it leaves such a thin raise folding range that its probably not an even balance between raise call and raise fold meaning your getting snapped more often than not and obv its gonna be by a range that has you fairly dead.
              Think i fold -v- a reg without ever seeing him raise fold this exact spot.
              Shove over a random n how wonder how he decided to trap with JT when he calls n hits

Comment

Originally posted by Laois Hammer View Post
                If hes a good player alarm bells go off for me here he should be shoving all his High cards, suited connectors, small pairs etc it leaves such a thin raise folding range that its probably not an even balance between raise call and raise fold meaning your getting snapped more often than not and obv its gonna be by a range that has you fairly dead.
                Think i fold -v- a reg without ever seeing him raise fold this exact spot.
                Shove over a random n how wonder how he decided to trap with JT when he calls n hits
                Does the fact we're 5 handed make a difference? The big stack on my left was Shiner87 so the villain was being pretty quiet on the button because he was getting owned. He made life really difficult for me too as he was there for the majority of the tournament so was thinking my A4 shove here was the more +EV option than going BvB with the big stack

What would be your shoving range in this spot against someone with a 38% steal?

Would it be wrong to think that we should probably be shoving about 19% of hands against this, which would be 66+,A5s+,K9s+,Q9s+,J9s+,T9s,A9o+,KTo+,QTo+ if we thought we also had some fold equity?

Comment

Theres probably a way to make it +cEv alright but throw on a bit of tax for icm and less fold equity i just dont take this spot -v- a reg without reads,

Hud stats could throw you a curve ball in certain spots like If he raised 38% of hands in this spot then shoving the 19% you posted is fine i just dont expect him to standard open 38% here [with these stacks so much of his range should be open shoves].

If he raised 38% he'd be unbalanced in the other direction of raise folding more than hes raise calling.
                  Just watchin a vid atm il post screenshots from stove of what im trying to say in a bit

Comment

I sort of get what you're saying alright, because a lot of HUD stats can be seriously misleading in relation to how many players and what stage of the tournament we're at. Was playing a satellite the other night where we got HU and 1st place was a ticket and 2nd place was cash value about 80% of the ticket so your man sat up and i won about 100 hands in a row to take it down. If i ever meet him again, his stats will be pretty much out of sync

Here's the villains steal stats btw

Comment

If hes decent or even if hes just using a push chart he probably wont miss a shove with the range on the right.. Like he should never raise fold any of that 45% because its an unexploitable shove.

The raise call range on the left maybe even a bit tight but 11-15% seems good so if you think he wont miss an unexploitable shove you need to be able to give him a 11-15% raise fold range from whats left over (i blanked out hands i thought most people just wouldnt bother with) for him to be balanced. If u think theres a slight chance he raise folds something like K3 then jam on him because then hes severely off with his ranges.

Very note worthy if he raise folded here.

Interesting hand i just dont think its a snap shove, much happier to fold without dynamics / strong read etc etc.

Comment

Its not the nicest spot, but out of the 5 options that you gave I think its really down to a shove or fold. I don't think you can really call here and get funky post flop. What would be your thinking if you called and the flop came Ace high? Would you be sure that your Ace was good and jam the flop, or were you hoping to see a dry board and try take it away from him on the flop or turn? Imo if you have a solid read on the opponent I would jam here otherwise Im folding.

Comment

Originally posted by Laois Hammer View Post
                          If hes decent or even if hes just using a push chart he probably wont miss a shove with the range on the right.. Like he should never raise fold any of that 45% because its an unexploitable shove.

The raise call range on the left maybe even a bit tight but 11-15% seems good so if you think he wont miss an unexploitable shove you need to be able to give him a 11-15% raise fold range from whats left over (i blanked out hands i thought most people just wouldnt bother with) for him to be balanced. If u think theres a slight chance he raise folds something like K3 then jam on him because then hes severely off with his ranges.

Very note worthy if he raise folded here.

Interesting hand i just dont think its a snap shove, much happier to fold without dynamics / strong read etc etc.
                          Cheers for that David. The guy had AQ btw so it's a snap call anyway

Just looking at that range (and as someone that doesn't know or use push/fold charts) is that really a shoving range for 17bb blind v blind? 104s and 107o would be on instamuck for me so maybe i'm giving up too much. Does ICM play a part in it at all?

This was the payout for the game. I'm not trying to blind up the ladder, but had my sights set on 7th minimum and was thinking that i was maybe too reckless with the A4. Do payouts come in to it all? Does the push/fold only work against competent players that know correct calling ranges and not the fish that snapcall you with J10s?

Comment

Giving description I jam here everytime. Not happy doing it as if we're called we're never in great shape or a small fav but you'll TID so often anything but shoving sucks imo.

Comment

This was the payout for the game. I'm not trying to blind up the ladder, but had my sights set on 7th minimum and was thinking that i was maybe too reckless with the A4. Do payouts come in to it all? Does the push/fold only work against competent players that know correct calling ranges and not the fish that snapcall you with J10s?
                              I dont think a fish is calling off with JT on the ft bubble, it works because people wont have a calling hand enough times and often fold hands that should be a call anyway.

Icm would tighten our calling range if anything making a +Ev shove even more +Ev. Im defo not calling off as wide here as the midstages knowing we have so much fold equity with our own shoves.

How decent of a winner was the guy that raised + over what sample? Does he know your a reg?

Comment

Working...
                              X